Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 5/2/2003 4:26:49 PM EDT
I will refrain from making any comments... but I'm sure SOMEONE here will make up for that. [:D] [url]http://www.local6.com/orlpn/news/stories/news-217464220030502-080558.html[/url] Racecar Made Of Cheese Wows NASCAR Fans Posted: 9:28 a.m. EDT May 2, 2003 Updated: 12:48 p.m. EDT May 2, 2003 A life-size replica of NASACAR driver Terry Labonte's racecar made completely out of white cheddar cheese is wowing crowds in Richmond, Va., according to a Local 6 News report. The replica was commissioned by the American Dairy Association to celebrate the debut of the new cheese paint scheme featured on Labonte's car. The 3,000-pound, five-foot-tall imitation has provided some off track excitement for race fans in town for the NASCAR race the coming weekend. Actual decals that can be seen on the car were carved into the cheese.
Link Posted: 5/2/2003 4:30:04 PM EDT
Cheesy
Link Posted: 5/2/2003 4:43:44 PM EDT
So now NASCAR is going after the Liberal and French crowd? [booze] ED
Link Posted: 5/2/2003 4:48:42 PM EDT
I thought everything "NASCAR" was made from cheese.
Link Posted: 5/2/2003 4:52:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/2/2003 4:53:21 PM EDT by NoVaGator]
Watching a big 'ol hunk of cheese melting in the sun sounds a little better than watching a few dozen cars making left turns all day. And don't try to tell me they're athletes.
Link Posted: 5/2/2003 6:33:53 PM EDT
I wonder if they'll cut it up in squares and sell it near the rest of the nascar and WWF "memorabilia" in the surrounding gas stations? Why would nascar stuff be next to the WWF wrestling stuff at the counter?
Link Posted: 5/2/2003 6:37:23 PM EDT
mmmmm cheese
Link Posted: 5/2/2003 8:06:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/2/2003 8:07:18 PM EDT by BigJ491]
Behold, the Power of Cheese. Also, never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups. I wonder how long it will take the "Mothers Against Children Playing w/ Their Food" to strike up a protest on this one. It just throws their arguments out the window w/ their kids.
Link Posted: 5/2/2003 8:37:18 PM EDT
At least NASCAR drivers have balls, unlike the F1 wusses that can't run on a real racetrack like Indy!! Hummmmm, cheese. Mickeymouse is the handle, cheese is the temptation.....
Link Posted: 5/2/2003 8:46:13 PM EDT
Since when was it hard to wow NASCAR fans? Remember, these are the people that made "Billy Bob Teeth" sellable.
Link Posted: 5/2/2003 8:59:56 PM EDT
Originally Posted By MickeyMouse: At least NASCAR drivers have balls, unlike the F1 wusses that can't run on a real racetrack like Indy!! Hummmmm, cheese. Mickeymouse is the handle, cheese is the temptation.....
View Quote
WTF are you talking about? F1 does race at Indy. Lack of balls? Going much faster with far less protection around is not what I call lack of balls. Besides, NECKCAR races are rigged, just like WWF.
Link Posted: 5/2/2003 9:22:43 PM EDT
FI guys lacked good enough cars and the BALLS to run on the oval at Indy. Demanded a specail course just for them so as not to exceed their limited capabilities. CART tried to act like F1 and you see their ongoing decline, soon to extinction. As you might imagine, I think real racers run on ovals. Not road courses, street circuits, airports or dragstrips. A couple years back, F1 ran an ENTIRE SEASON without a SINGLE PASS on the track!! Only thing they could pass was sick cars or in the pits. So much for road courses. Hell, they don't even qualify - they just time practice. NASCAR is not over run with "green carders" or rice burners (this year at least). Hell, most CART & F1 drivers can't speak English. Many BUY their rides from family wealth. You watch what you like and I will do the same. Just don't expect me to have a very high opinion of the "wine and cheese set".
Link Posted: 5/2/2003 9:28:42 PM EDT
TRANSAM
Link Posted: 5/2/2003 9:54:18 PM EDT
[rat]As God is my witness, I'll never go hungry again![/rat]
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 1:18:14 AM EDT
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 4:09:00 PM EDT
Originally Posted By MickeyMouse: FI guys lacked good enough cars and the BALLS to run on the oval at Indy. Demanded a specail course just for them so as not to exceed their limited capabilities.
View Quote
Boy, have you been smoking something wacky. F1 runs road courses, not ovals, no special demands, that's just the way it is. You want F1, you have a road course, where it takes a hell of a lot more skill to race than on an oval. Limited capabilites, my ass. You don't have a clue.
CART tried to act like F1 and you see their ongoing decline, soon to extinction. As you might imagine, I think real racers run on ovals. Not road courses, street circuits, airports or dragstrips.
View Quote
You THINK???? Obviously, as already stated, you don't have a clue about racing or driving, for that matter.
A couple years back, F1 ran an ENTIRE SEASON without a SINGLE PASS on the track!! Only thing they could pass was sick cars or in the pits. So much for road courses. Hell, they don't even qualify - they just time practice.
View Quote
You guys always bring up F1. Talk about predictable, Big Bear. Yes, it is boring and I don't even pay much attention to it, but that does not make NECKCAR legitimate or real at all. It's pro wrestling on wheels. Now, for some real racing, go to an ALMS race. They have bumping, banging, and passing, all while driving a road course. The only reason CART is not more popular is because most people here have no clue about real driving or real racing.
NASCAR is not over run with "green carders" or rice burners (this year at least). Hell, most CART & F1 drivers can't speak English. Many BUY their rides from family wealth.
View Quote
Well, mr. narrowminded, glad you are not prejudiced. Rice burners????? And 'rice burner' is a very intelligent, open minded statement. The buying rides from family money may hold true in F1, but not in the other road racing series.
You watch what you like and I will do the same. Just don't expect me to have a very high opinion of the "wine and cheese set".
View Quote
Ah, the old 'cheese and wine cliche'. More brilliance. I have either raced on road courses or worked rescue on road courses for the last 18 years and have yet to have any cheese or wine at the track. I don't even like wine. But, along the lines you are taking, would YOU like a little cheese with your WHINE. Who really gives a shit what a NECKCAR fan thinks about anything.
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 4:10:13 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Big_Bear: You guys are so predictable. Post anything with NASCAR in the title and watch the antis come out of the woodworks, like a moth to a flame. [:D] MickeyMouse, remind me to buy you a beer sometime. [beer]
View Quote
If understanding the bullshit called NECKCAR makes us predictable or an anti, then so be it. At least we don't wander around with our head in some imaginary cloud.
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 4:38:43 PM EDT
Wow..LarryG what took you so long? You must hate living in Georgia. Thats about as bad as my strong dislike of basketball (and I live in Indiana).
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 4:41:55 PM EDT
LarryG, not to be stereotypical or nothin but you just made up "NECKCAR" and your from Georgia! Thats the funniest thing Ive saw today so cheers brother![beer]
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 4:42:29 PM EDT
why do some of you assholes feel the need to degrade a sport many of us enjoy watching? insecure about those pansy ass foreign pricks running around in cars that cant even touch each other without flying apart? and i'll tell you another thing, anybody that thinks you can predictably rig the outcome of 43 cars running close to 200 mph inches apart for 500 miles has never been behind the wheel of a race car to each his own i'm out, #75 pure stock c.c. speedway
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 4:50:20 PM EDT
Racecar Made Of Cheese Wows NASCAR Fans
View Quote
Well dip me in buttermilk !!!! [:E] these are the same folks "wowed" by a paddle ball game and their own sister.
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 4:53:57 PM EDT
[coffee]Indigo Baseball Taffy Lesbian
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 4:56:19 PM EDT
F1 vs Nascar is this the same as '5.56 vs 7.72' debate? Are the nascar people jealous that MORE people worldwide watch F1 than nascar? And to compare F1 to Indy or Kart, look at it this way, when a 'known' F1 driver comes to Indy/Kart racing they usually dominate. When an 'known' Indy/Kart driver goes to F1 they are usually mediocre. How many Nascar drivers ever do anything but turn to the left successfully? Dont get me wrong tho, Nascar is fun to watch (for the crashes). But I watch F1 for the racing. Running an oval takes talent, but running a road course takes talent AND skill. And BOTH take money.
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 5:02:17 PM EDT
NASCAR is us people. NASCAR is the gun owners. NASCAR is the right spectrum. NASCAR is the common man. how many times do you see a NASCAR driver doing something positive? like petty for the childrens camp and burton for the NRA? how often do you see this among high profile big go-cart racers? ever watch the national anthem being performed at a NASCAR race, that SHOULD make any American proud to be one. news flash, NASCAR runs several road courses per season
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 5:17:03 PM EDT
Originally Posted By TexRdnec: why do some of you assholes feel the need to degrade a sport many of us enjoy watching?
View Quote
Why? Your following statement is why.
insecure about those pansy ass foreign pricks running around in cars that cant even touch each other without flying apart? and i'll tell you another thing, anybody that thinks you can predictably rig the outcome of 43 cars running close to 200 mph inches apart for 500 miles has never been behind the wheel of a race car
View Quote
Very intelligent, and you wonder why we are assholes. We are supposed to be nice while you make remarks like that about real racing. For your info, I have either raced or worked rescue for the last 18 years.
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 5:35:45 PM EDT
Originally Posted By sloth: Wow..LarryG what took you so long? You must hate living in Georgia. Thats about as bad as my strong dislike of basketball (and I live in Indiana).
View Quote
why would he hate living in Georgia, home of Road Atlanta, one of the most kick ass road courses in the U.S.? Granted, my memories of Georgia aren't all that fond, but 98% of the time I spent there was at Ft. Benning.
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 6:09:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/3/2003 6:12:30 PM EDT by Luavul]
I love NASCAR. I hate professional wrestling. PERIOD. Everyone should experience going to a NASCAR race. PERIOD. Do you really think the companies that sponsor the cars that never win really think it is fixed? Why would they sink $5-15 million a year on a sport that they have no shot at winning in. It's not entirely for the advertising. If your running in the back, you don't get any TV time unless you crash. It's because every driver and team believe they have a shot at winning every week. I don't have anything against the open wheel/FI circuits, I just don't give a shit enough about them to care one way or the other. P.S. Did you know that the Army, Air Force, National Guard, Coast Guard and Marines(also the Navy in the past) have sponsorship on several cars? Get Well Soon Jerry Nadeau driver of the Army Pontiac who was critically injured Friday during practice at Richmond International Speedway.
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 12:37:21 AM EDT
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 6:25:40 PM EDT
I'll tell you why I like NASCAR and don't like F1. You look at folks at a NASCAR race and they are good common folk. The drivers are patriotic and good old boys. Look at F1. Here in INDY when they have the race, you see a whole lot of Eurotrash walking around acting all upity. The whole sport is foreign. I (as well as most American's) can't relate the the typical F1 fan or driver. That in a nutshell explains why NASCAR is so popular compaired to F1.
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 2:11:05 AM EDT
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 4:43:24 AM EDT
I was doing really good until I made the mistake of picking up the "Rushville Rocket" Tony two weeks ago. I keep thinking he'll pull it out of the gutter. However, he's cost me a lot of points these past two weekends.
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 5:09:27 AM EDT
[i][b]NASCAR[/b][/i] It does a body good. ( ...no comment on the rusty axle flange...[;)] ) [img]http://photos.ar15.com/WS_Content/ImageGallery/IG_LoadImage.asp?iImageUnq=8219 [/img]
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 5:17:08 AM EDT
See sig line.
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 7:43:24 AM EDT
This [b]is[/b] a free country... Some people dont like American cars, they prefer Imports... Some people dont like American sports, they prefer soccer... Some people dont like American governments, they prefer Saddam... Some people dont like NASCAR, they prefer F!, etc... It [b]IS[/b] a free country, beingan 'anti' is ok...If thats your cup of tea(well, glass of frog wine & cheese)...[8D]
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 7:53:30 AM EDT
[Nomex] How about those who don't like Nascar, F1, or CART? [/Nomex]
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 8:02:57 AM EDT
At the Fair, they had a 6ft statue of Garth Brooks carved out of butter. When do you realize you have a talent like that.... --Bill Engvall
Top Top