Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/5/2006 7:32:17 PM EDT
That's a nice sized Bobcat. it would've made a great rug

I saw one while I was out riding my dirt bike in the east Mojave and it was half that size.
----------------------------------------------------------
kvoa.com/Global/story.asp?S=4727195&nav=HMO6HMaY

A rabid bobcat attacked a pair of golfers Tuesday morning at the Skyline Country Club injuring one of them.

The female bobcat was spotted earlier in the morning near the spa.

The club requested the assistance of Animal Experts Wildlife Service , who watched the injured bobcat before it retreated into a nearby wash, not posing a threat to the community.

Chris Clark, an animal expert said, "It wasn't sick as much as it was injured. There was a gash along the right side of the neck, there was blood, but it didn't appear like it was bleeding.

Animal Experts say they notified Arizona Game and Fish of the bobcat, but officials agreed it would be OK to leave the area.

However, an hour later at 10:30 a.m., the bobcat attacked a golfer on the 18th fairway at the Northside golf course.

The bobcat lunged at the man, leaving him with puncture wounds and lacerations to both of his legs.

The man and his golf partner defended themselves with a 7-iron, beating the bobcat to death.

Battalion Chief Rick Flores of Rural Metro Fire Department said, "The patient is very fortunate that he did have a person nearby that was able to assist him in defending himself and stopping the attack from progressing any further."

Sherry Barchfield, who lives along the golf course, said bobcats are a common sight.

"Normally when we see them, they're out by our pool, near our dogs or walking along the golf course, but they never bother us," Barchfield said. "I think they're more afraid of us that we are of them."

The victim was taken to Tucson Medical Center, meanwhile, Pima Animal Health Care removed the bobcat, taking it to a facility where it was checked for rabies.

Late Tuesday afternoon, the female bobcat tested positive for rabies.

The victim will undergo a month of vaccinations that will include 6-to-10 shots based on his weight.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 7:49:35 PM EDT
[#1]

The man and his golf partner defended themselves with a 7-iron, beating the bobcat to death.

Generally, I like a 9-iron for bobcat and reserve the 7-iron for the less aggressive links-fauna such as foxes, coyote, polecats and the occasional 'possum.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 7:49:42 PM EDT
[#2]
The bobcat clearly knew that the golfers could not hit anything with their drivers so they were attacked. I had a bob cat on my fence in Az this year it ran off after my Golden charged the fence. The bob cats use the under ground drainage systems here like freeways  it gets them fresh water dog food and the occasional house cat.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 7:50:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Zombie bobcat
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 7:53:21 PM EDT
[#4]
BRING FORTH THE HOLY HAND GRENADE OF ANTIOCH!
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 7:55:09 PM EDT
[#5]
I showed the picture to a girl I know and she said "aw, look, the kitty can sit"
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 7:58:22 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
www.intriguing.com/mp/_pictures/grail/large/HolyGrail190.jpg

[milk spurt out of nose onto screen]
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 7:58:53 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

what is the count?
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 8:15:40 PM EDT
[#8]
nothing cool like this ever happens to me...
sigh
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 8:29:20 PM EDT
[#9]
7-iron.  I wonder what kinda yardage they got with a 25 pound bobcat.

They will have a story to tell for the rest of their lives.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 8:35:06 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

what is the count?

The count shall be three.............
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 8:36:46 PM EDT
[#11]
More proof that a golf course is a waste of a fine rifle range.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 8:43:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 8:44:50 PM EDT
[#13]
hmmm....i might need to add a sidearm to my golf bag
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 9:00:31 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 9:05:08 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

I've done that for years.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 11:14:23 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

General Ripper?

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top