Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/22/2002 1:22:52 PM EDT
Just wanted to let everyone know, I had a good experience with R guns. I ordered some of their Teflon coated pre-ban mags with the green followers on Friday, and I received my order
today. All of the items I ordered look brand new in the plastic wrap.

I know there has been alot of discussion about their service being bad, but I had no problems.
I guess the most important thing is find out if what you are ordering is in stock. If it is, you should be ok. I would order from them again.
The mags look great.

Link Posted: 10/22/2002 1:25:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/22/2002 1:40:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Just wanted to let everyone know, I had a good experience with R guns. I ordered some of their Teflon coated pre-ban mags with the green followers on Friday, and I received my order

I know there has been alot of discussion about their service being bad, but I had no problems.
I guess the most important thing is find out if what you are ordering is in stock. If it is, you should be ok. I would order from them again.
The mags look great.
View Quote

RGuns is always a controversial subject to say the least. Posts like this serve no other purpose than to polarize this board. I don't know if you're an RGuns shill, but you're not likely to change anyone's minds concerning this individual's business practices. There are those who will continue to support this individual and there are those of us who will not. Like oil and water.

It is my understanding that RGuns is banned from this board and the proprietor is a known convicted felon (I have a copy of the newspaper article in Word for those interested). You are judged by the company you keep.
Link Posted: 10/22/2002 1:41:02 PM EDT
[#3]
If it's the best AR mag available, I don't care if Bill Clinton Stamped it and Al Gore sprayed on the teflon. If I ever have to bet my life on a mag, I somehow think that the question's about R Guns customer attitude will be the last thing on my mind.

I've bought Teflons from R Guns and did not have any trouble with them at all.

I suspect that there are some here at AR15.com who think they must be pampered and catered to in every transaction they make, Or to put it another way some of you out there are about one step away from being spoiled children.

The firearms industry is not BurgerKing and you are not going to get everything "your way"...Grow up and get over it!!!

Guess what...If I owned a firearms related business, there are plenty of guys here that I would not take a Paypal or a credit card order on, if it was a bet...CASH OR MONEY ORDER UP FRONT YOU WHINY LITTLE IMMATURE WEENIE'S.

How did we get to the point in this country, where we bred a generation of such little self centered "I did not get A+++ Service" crybabies.
Link Posted: 10/22/2002 1:43:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/22/2002 1:49:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Right now. I'm the one with a pile of nice Teflon green follower mags sitting in my closet, with no problems with them what-so-ever, So I really think I'm the one laughing.

They're a better mag than most of that dogged out milspec worshiping aluminum surplus junk some of you are putting in the mag well of your rifles.
Link Posted: 10/22/2002 1:52:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/22/2002 1:57:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Can I sell you Crappy Mags as long as I stoke your poor little ego and pretend to be nice to 'Ya?
Link Posted: 10/22/2002 1:57:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Yeah that's it, when someone posts my name, home address and telephone number on the Internet while addressing their poor customer service I'm just being a spoiled child.
View Quote

And credit card number. Don't forget that.
Link Posted: 10/22/2002 2:17:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Can I sell you Crappy Mags as long as I stoke your poor little ego and pretend to be nice to 'Ya?
View Quote

you know it's funny, this is the exact same attitude that R Guns has, only without the gross misspellings.

ian
Link Posted: 10/22/2002 2:46:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Years ago I used to buy mail-order car parts from J.C. Whitney. Quality of the parts was hit or miss; sometimes the parts were good, other times they were flimsy pieces of crap. Back then there was no internet to log onto to check the quality of a particular vendor's wares or service. These days, when it comes to ordering guns and gun-related items, I defer to the wisdom of the members of AR15.com. For you guys that had good luck with Rguns, more power to you. I don't think I will deal with them myself because if 4 out of 5 people on this board say shit stinks, I tend to take their word for it.
Panzer out
Link Posted: 10/22/2002 3:19:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Don't shoot the messenger guys.
I wasn't trying to start a shit-storm.
There was an active post running the other day about R Guns. About half of the crowd posting was furious about R guns, and the other half said they had not had any problems with their orders. I have friends that had ordered from them with no problems, and based on that, I took a chance and ordered. I could not find the thread from last week where I mentioned that I would post the results of my order.

I am not trying to improve people's opinion of them, or help them sell magazines. I was simply posting my experience with a supplier of gun parts. That is, after all, what these forums are supposed to be for.
Link Posted: 10/22/2002 3:30:18 PM EDT
[#12]
There was an active post running the other day about R Guns. About half of the crowd posting was furious about R guns, and the other half said they had not had any problems with their orders. I have friends that had ordered from them with no problems, and based on that, I took a chance and ordered. I could not find the thread from last week where I mentioned that I would post the results of my order.
View Quote

You couldn't find it because it was on a different part of this 'site.
[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=141460[/url]

As posted previously, posts like yours only polarize this board and draw out dickheads, like [b]Fearandloathing37[/b] (of whom I'm ashamed to know is in MY state). You will not change anyone's minds here, you will only start a flame war. The lines are drawn.
Link Posted: 10/22/2002 3:31:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Right now. I'm the one with a pile of nice Teflon green follower mags sitting in my closet, with no problems with them what-so-ever, So I really think I'm the one laughing.

They're a better mag than most of that dogged out milspec worshiping aluminum surplus junk some of you are putting in the mag well of your rifles.
View Quote

Well, that dogged out milspec worshiping aluminum surplus junk I stick in my magwell works everytime. If they ever have a problem they get trashed.

What's so special about your titanium, teflon coated, green follower, blue label, bullet proof mags from RGuns? I'll tell you what, not a goddamn thing.

I'm glad you paid 4x the price of my surplus mags to inflate your ego. I'm saving up the extra money I saved for a Porsche 911 to inflate mine. Give it up dude, they are just some fuckin magazines.

You may be laughing but the majority of us are laughing right back at ya.

As a side note, I've got nothing bad or good to say about RGuns as I've never dealt with them.
Link Posted: 10/22/2002 3:33:11 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 10/22/2002 3:49:05 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
herman,

none of this is directed toward you. What some folks don't realize is we can buy those crappy usgi mags, replace the followers, refinish them cheaper, and as wellif not better, than Rguns and not risk the hastle. You were lucky. And so was F&L. You at least have a decent attitude. Fearandloathing seems to suffer from a severe ego problem.
View Quote

What is the deal with the teflon finish anyway? What is so great about teflon on a magazine? What purpose does it serve that makes it so much more superior to a normal finish? Why put so much effort and cost into a disposable item when there is no great advantage?

The only advantage I can possibly see is at the range when you can show everybody your nice black teflon coated baby killing magazines.

Call me simple, but I'm from the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it, unless you just want to show off" crowd.

Link Posted: 10/22/2002 6:30:51 PM EDT
[#16]
I have never bought from them BUT did consider doing so but declined after phone call on product-teflon 30R M16 magazines. What they are selling are USED refinished teflon mags as new ones. Only true military teflon were by LaBelle and those contracted from LaBelle for Bushmaster. The package is not a military sealed one but a nice commerical one to protect the finish. Some have LaBelle floor plates but are not the newer teflon version. I suspect they are good magazines to own and shoot but are NOT what is implied by ads. Price is good as listed if return policy for problem ones is also good BUT my phone call lead me to believe once bought was my problem! I have had excellent service from CDNN and Midway as an examples.
Link Posted: 10/22/2002 7:38:44 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I have never bought from them BUT did consider doing so but declined after phone call on product-teflon 30R M16 magazines. What they are selling are USED refinished teflon mags as new ones. Only true military teflon were by LaBelle and those contracted from LaBelle for Bushmaster. The package is not a military sealed one but a nice commerical one to protect the finish. Some have LaBelle floor plates but are not the newer teflon version. I suspect they are good magazines to own and shoot but are NOT what is implied by ads. Price is good as listed if return policy for problem ones is also good BUT my phone call lead me to believe once bought was my problem! I have had excellent service from CDNN and Midway as an examples.
View Quote

Monroe is right. The mags are refurbished and sold as new. I have these mags and purchased them in RGuns shop. They have brush marks in the coating and mine have DPMS floorplates.
Link Posted: 10/23/2002 4:15:54 AM EDT
[#18]
EaR wE gO AgAn[whacko][whacko][whacko]
Link Posted: 10/23/2002 5:46:36 AM EDT
[#19]
I pulled this from FAL Files:
Dear Sir,

We have a problem and need your help. I am writing to you to let you know that we are receiving volumes of hate e-mails and phone calls about a posting on the internet. Please help us.

We are a legitimate business located in East Texas. We are not the www.rguns.net
that is being talked about. I noticed where you have made several postings of this information. We ask that you please help us differentiate ourselves from this other
company. Our links are below. We would be happy to prove to you that we are not the company listed on these postings.

I wholeheartedly support the effort to rid the world of undesirable businesses. We are very serious about customer service here at Richardson's Gun Shop.

Vernon A. Richardson

The Richardson Professional Services Group
Richardson's Gun Shop and Firearms Training Center

[email protected]
View Quote

And this:
I appreciate you spreading the word when someone gets cheated by a business. We
are the original rguns.COM. The people who cheated the guy on FAL are a copy-cat called rgun.NET, but in reality are sports-were-us, from Ill. We are in Texas, a family-owned and operated, legitimate business, with no known unhappy customers, in continuous operation since we started in 1987.
Please help us by posting this to the forums and boards that you posted the warning about the other company to. We are receiving volumes of hate e-mail and prank calls, and we have absolutely nothing to do with this situation.

Thanks for your assistance,
Vernon Richardson
Owner
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/23/2002 6:20:11 AM EDT
[#20]
Why spend your money at any place that doesn't have the attitude that "the customer is always right"?

I look for "legendary" service. When I find it, I deal with that company for the rest of my life. Dillon is a prime example.

Unfortunately, I HAVE to deal with the phone company, cable company, etc. I don't have to deal with Best Buy or other crappy service stores (and I don't).

If I buy mags from a store and then decide that I don't want them (no reason necessary). I expect to get a full refund.

Here are a couple of statements to make at customer service if you don't get legendary service:

Clerk: I can't do X because it's our policy not to do it.
Me: So you are telling me that your policies are more important to your business than your customer's satisfaction?

Clerk: You could have copied that movie, cd, software, etc.
Me: I am informing you that I didn't copy the X. Are you telling me that your business assumes your customers are dishonest?

If you don't get good service the first time, and you continue to do business with the company, than look in the mirror when you are unhappy with the company. It's your fault.
Link Posted: 10/23/2002 6:26:08 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

The mags look great.
View Quote

RGuns is always a controversial subject to say the least. Posts like this serve no other purpose than to polarize this board. I don't know if you're an RGuns shill, but you're not likely to change anyone's minds concerning this individual's business practices. There are those who will continue to support this individual and there are those of us who will not. Like oil and water.

It is my understanding that RGuns is banned from this board and the proprietor is a known convicted felon (I have a copy of the newspaper article in Word for those interested). You are judged by the company you keep.
View Quote

So RGUNS is banned from the board now?  But,... it was so entertaining to have him here.  [:O)]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top