Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/3/2004 3:54:59 AM EDT
All over the news here, Russian Commandos have retaken the school and most of the Children are reported safe… there is a big running battle going on between them and the Chechens a short way from the school.

Thank God most of the children are safe… this is an outstanding operatio by the Russians, most people thought a direct assault was impossible.

news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/3624024.stm

Andy
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 3:59:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Two militaries that will give no quarter: Israeli and Russian.  Mean mofos.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 4:06:38 AM EDT
[#2]

Link Posted: 9/3/2004 4:09:14 AM EDT
[#3]
The report does not mention anything about deaths, but I think most of the deaths were during the initial takeover when some of the parents tried to prevent it.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 4:10:01 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Two militaries that are also fighting people that don't deserve quarter.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 4:11:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 4:11:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Over here they are reporting about 30 kids made it out this morning.  They said they still don't know how many are inside the school but they did kill 5 of the terrorist.  
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 4:14:44 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm watching Russian News at the moment… a Government spokesman has just said…

"these people are terrorists, they must all be killed… they are dirty terrorists"  

No compromise there then!
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 4:19:24 AM EDT
[#8]
Supposedly 5 killed, 4 children and 1 woman.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 4:22:40 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 4:24:49 AM EDT
[#10]
Russian News are reporting 300 injured, including 200 children, some 200 of the worst injured are being airlifted to Moscow to the best Military Hospitals. 13 terrorist are holed up in a house near the school and surrounded. 2 female terrorists undressed and escaped with the mothers and children… no reports on fatalities yet, situation is very fluid at the moment. Between 600-1000 hostages are now believed to have been in the building.

Children in the initial wave of escapees said they had been forced to drink urine such was the lack of water inside the school.

Andy
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 4:27:11 AM EDT
[#11]
This is going to happen here eventually.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 4:38:56 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

"these people are terrorists, they must all be killed… they are dirty terrorists"  

I absolutely cannot imagine a government official here saying something like that no matter how horrible the act might be that they just committed.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 4:50:27 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
This is going to happen here eventually.

And we, as parents and citizens, won't be able to do a damned thing about it, exc. stand back and watch the kids die. Or die with them, unarmed. Thank you, Bill Clinton...
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 4:51:10 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I absolutely cannot imagine a government official here saying something like that no matter how horrible the act might be that they just committed.

Sadly, I agree.  
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 5:07:23 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Russian News are reporting 300 injured, including 200 children, some 200 of the worst injured are being airlifted to Moscow to the best Military Hospitals. 13 terrorist are holed up in a house near the school and surrounded. 2 female terrorists undressed and escaped with the mothers and children… no reports on fatalities yet, situation is very fluid at the moment. Between 600-1000 hostages are now believed to have been in the building.

Children in the initial wave of escapees said they had been forced to drink urine such was the lack of water inside the school.

Andy

So then they have the female terrorists in custody? Or did they just run down the street naked and nobody thought to go after them.?
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 5:09:13 AM EDT
[#16]
So I'm guessing they're making the kids take their shirts off because they suspect some of them may have been wired up w/ explosives?   Or are they just trying to make sure they're unarmed?
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 5:13:30 AM EDT
[#17]
I just watched CNN report that apparently there was some unexpected explosion, and that a gunfight suddenly started, and the Russian commander, seeing he had lost control of the situation, decided to initiate a full engagement.

Apparently this is happening as we speak...
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 5:15:24 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
So I'm guessing they're making the kids take their shirts off because they suspect some of them may have been wired up w/ explosives?   Or are they just trying to make sure they're unarmed?

The stories I have seen say that the heat inside the building was causing people to strip. This sounds likely.

Whatever the cause, when I turned on CNN at 5:30 this morning I was only half awake and remembered thinking: Geez....those look like a bunch of naked teenagers.....

HOLY CRAP, THOSE ARE NAKED TEENAGERS! WHAT IN THE HECK IS GOING ON HERE???

Only then did I realize it was the Russian situation and people fleeing. I guess if I was a kid and had just been trapped with a bunch of homicidal maniacs, I wouldn't care about running out of there sans trou either....
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 5:17:18 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

No A/C in the school.  These poor kids have been in summer heat jammed together for days.

Blowtorch and Pliers.  No quarter.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 5:18:29 AM EDT
[#20]
The talking heads are commenting on how incompetent the Russian military is.  I'm glad the Russians are giving no quarter.  I know they don't have the finesse of Western Spec Ops, but there is an opportunity here to support them and offer constructive critcism.  

A united front against Islamic based terrorism would leverage capabilities from both our and Russias militaries.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 5:20:40 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 5:25:51 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 5:31:14 AM EDT
[#23]
"100+ BODIES found..."

Children. CHILDREN!

These scumbag motherfuckers deliberately attacked a target full of CHILDREN!

Tell me again why the G-Word is verboten here?

Still think wiping them out en masse is a bad idea? Let me remind you of something:

How old do you think the bad guys are? Early twenties? You know what that means? THE WERE BABIES ABOUT THE TIME MR. PEANUT WAS IN THE WHITE HOUSE. Remember that? 52 Americans held for 444 days?

They were BABIES when our barracks were attacked in Beirut.

They were TODDLERS when all those airplanes were hijacked, when the airports in Rome and Vienna were attacked, and when Kadaffy thought he had a pair.

They were cheering youngsters when Saddam invaded Kuwait.

They were cheering teenagers when our boys were fighting their way out of Mogadishu.

Are we seeing a pattern here?

NEWSFLASH: These vermin breed from generation to generation. Our lack of crushing them years ago is paying lovely dividends now, isn't it? I'm so GLAD we showed civilized restraint back then!

When you go into a house to exterminate roaches or rats, you don't spare the little ones because they haven't left the nest yet. You wipe them ALL out because in short order, THEY will join their parents against YOU.

Now, humans are a bit different in that if you wipe out enough of them, the rest will see the error of their ways and knuckle under. Does Japan ring a bell? We kicked their ass so bad that they went from Samurai to Suckers in short order.

So, I say that we have to fight these people with such a rage and such a ferocity that either they ALL die, or they wake up one morning begging Allah to save their assess from OUR wrath. Then, and ONLY then, do we CONSIDER stopping.

...because if we DON'T do this, what we just saw in Russia is going to happen HERE.

Bet on it...
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 5:32:45 AM EDT
[#24]
Well if it were the FBI/ATF, the headlines wouldr ead...."Everyone burned in a blaze of fire, no survivors"

Link Posted: 9/3/2004 5:32:55 AM EDT
[#25]
No compromise, no quarter.

This is a nightmare scenario-- we would do well to watch and learn. This could happen here and I fear we do not have the public resolve to take care of this the same way the Russians do.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 5:44:23 AM EDT
[#26]
I officially declare the Russians to be a bunch of badasses! Yesterday everyone thought that the kids inside that school were dead if the Russians tried to raid it. Today, we hear of very low casualties and a bunch of terrorists who ran like the cowards that they are!

I hope that the law enforcement and military in this country are taking note!!!

Link Posted: 9/3/2004 5:46:41 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Today, we hear of very low casualties and a bunch of terrorists who ran like the cowards that they are!

I think you're being wildly optimistic....

I hope I'm wrong...
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 5:49:29 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 5:50:21 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
We need a closer, not a negoatiator...

Testify!
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 5:50:44 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Today, we hear of very low casualties and a bunch of terrorists who ran like the cowards that they are!

I hope I'm wrong...

+1

I had heard 180 wounded. Every channel has a different story. If anything, they just gave Putin a blank check to crack down hard on the Chechens.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 5:51:25 AM EDT
[#31]
I"ve seen it several times in this thread but I'm going to say it again.......

THIS WILL HAPPEN HERE

It's only a matter of time. I sincerely hope that our government is paying attention to what's happening there.

Link Posted: 9/3/2004 5:53:20 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I hope I'm wrong...

Relatively speaking. Yesterday most people thought that everyone in that school was as good as dead.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 5:54:00 AM EDT
[#33]
Uh, the cops at Columbine didn't do a very good job, either.

And hey, Russia has one of the most corrupt governments on the planet.  If they don't want stuff like this to continue happening, they need to clean up their act.  Any military solution is only going to encourage more such crimes.  

And please, if targeting children really bothers you so much, then do me a favor and don't be so gung-ho about our own nation's foreign policies, which include an awful lot of the same thing--dead kids, thousands of them.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 5:57:45 AM EDT
[#34]
The news people here say they had a guy who went into the gym and saw maybe a hundred dead bodies before he was forced out by the troops....
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 5:59:09 AM EDT
[#35]
Up to 100 bodies in Russia school gym -- reporter
Source: Reuters

link

BESLAN, Russia, Sept 3 (Reuters) - Up to 100 bodies were seen lying in the Russian school gymnasium after troops stormed the building to end a two-day siege, a British ITV News reporter said on Friday.

Julian Manyon of ITV news said his cameraman got into the gym briefly and saw up to a hundred bodies. Manyon said, "There were a large number of corpses lying on the smouldering floor". He said it appeared explosive charges laid by the attackers had been detonated.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 6:00:16 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I hope I'm wrong...

Relatively speaking. Yesterday most people thought that everyone in that school was as good as dead.

I'm not busting your nuts, but I don't think "relatively" works here. I really don't.

The roof caved in and fires are still burning. This is going to be BAD by ANY measure.

Am I glad a BUNCH got out? You betcha! But the number dead is going to be simply unacceptable.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 6:03:07 AM EDT
[#37]

Tagged.

Link Posted: 9/3/2004 6:05:10 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

And hey, Russia has one of the most corrupt governments on the planet.  If they don't want stuff like this to continue happening, they need to clean up their act.  Any military solution is only going to encourage more such crimes.  

And please, if targeting children really bothers you so much, then do me a favor and don't be so gung-ho about our own nation's foreign policies, which include an awful lot of the same thing--dead kids, thousands of them.

Ever consider going somewhere else?
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 6:06:08 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

With every post you make you further prove how INSANE you are. Mr. Libertarian, please report to the SANITARIUM.

Oh... I forgot to say... are you sure that you aren't really Hemmoroglio?
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 6:07:20 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/3/2004 6:08:27 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
Any military solution is only going to encourage more such crimes.  

GET A FUCKING CLUE....

DU called. They want their mole back.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 6:08:27 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 6:10:52 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ever consider going somewhere else?

I love these people who complain about how terrible things are in the US and how US policy is the downfall of western civilization, yet somehow they don't emigrate to the multitude of paradises elsewhere in the world.

If you think that there is a similarity between what these Chechen murderers do and what we do, your grip on reality has slipped.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 6:12:43 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 6:15:32 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
I officially declare the Russians to be a bunch of badasses! Yesterday everyone thought that the kids inside that school were dead if the Russians tried to raid it. Today, we hear of very low casualties and a bunch of terrorists who ran like the cowards that they are!

I hope that the law enforcement and military in this country are taking note!!!

Casualties are still casualties..no matter how you slice it.  This is not a win..this is a draw at best.  Children up the dread factor in things like this.

Link Posted: 9/3/2004 6:16:48 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
I fully agree - the only GOOD terrorist is a DEAD one.  ALL OF THEM!!

AMEN!!! Though I can see the logic of taking so-called "enemy combatants" as prisoner, so they can be interrogated for information -- I am a firm believer in the KILL 'EM WHERE THEY STAND policy. No prison abuse scandals that way. And no worrying about traitorous lawyers setting the bastards free to kill more Americans. KILL 'EM ALL!!!
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 6:19:31 AM EDT
[#47]
Oh look, thelibertarian came back to troll some more. hat
Moving along...

I know that some folks on here listen to Michael Savage, but what he said bears repeating.  Why is it that the media is so afraid of calling these terrorists "Islamic" or "Muslim"?   I have read everything from "rebels" to "separatists" applied to these people.  Could it be because the media does not want to remind us that we are at war?  Could it be that if people WERE reminded of this fact they would have to come to the logical conclusion that we need a president that is willing to fight terrorism, i.e. President Bush?

Also thelibertarian this question is for you.  Are you saying that Russians deserve this treatment by the terrorists because they have a corrupt government?  And tell me this:  When has it ever been U.S. military SOP to specifically target children?  Look, appeasement does not work on an opponent who has unlimited goals.  We tried that in the 1930's with Germany and look what it got us.  Americans realized then that the cost of inaction is higher than action when dealing with this kind of enemy.

Oh, and as to your comment about "Any military solution is only going to encourage more such crimes"?  I have to admit that has to be one of the most ignorant things I have read on any message board.  Apparently you have a poor understanding of the enemy we all face: Islamofascists.

-RO

Link Posted: 9/3/2004 6:24:20 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 6:35:58 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I hope I'm wrong...

I'm not busting your nuts, but I don't think "relatively" works here. I really don't.

The roof caved in and fires are still burning. This is going to be BAD by ANY measure.

Am I glad a BUNCH got out? You betcha! But the number dead is going to be simply unacceptable.

The way I see it, everyone in that school was considered dead as soon as the terrorists took over. Anyone that made it out alive is a bonus. Anyone that died must be avenged by killing more terrorsits.

Our nation has a policy of not negotiating with terrorists, and I support that policy 100%. If this had happened in Michigan instead of Russia, I would support the same course of action. If I were held hostage, I would not want my country to compromise our policies on terror to save my life. I can say this because I know that every compromise would only lead to more terror.

All I'm saying is that the Russians did the right thing, and could have gone alot worse.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 6:37:52 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
All I'm saying is that the Russians did the right thing, and could have gone alot worse.

Agreed. Of that there can be no doubt...
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top