Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 5/29/2019 10:05:29 PM EDT
I bought a used Tudor Black Bay Heritage with the in-house movement and sent it to Dallas RSC via an AD as it stopped without notice. I had one year left on the factory warranty and brought the watch and warranty card to the AD.

The watch had a non-rivet genuine Tudor bracelet when sent to Rolex. About a week later I get a call from the AD that there is a problem with my bracelet and I need to buy the rivet bracelet because that was not the bracelet model for that reference. They also told me because it did not have the correct model bracelet, my warranty was now void and it would be $300 for the service plus $850 for the bracelet. No way they would repair the watch unless I paid for both.

Anyone else experience or hear of this fantastic "policy"?
Link Posted: 5/30/2019 1:51:10 AM EDT
They sell every watch they make and are not customer oriented.

I bought a 11610 about 20 years ago.

They would not upgrade to a SEL bracelet as requested because they did not have them that year..

Most other companies would have been cool with selling you a new bracelet for hundreds of dollars.
Link Posted: 5/30/2019 9:39:15 AM EDT
get it back send it it on a nato.

The RSC sucks.

Why I prefer independents and this policy of killing their parts accounts as of late is causing me to be hesitant about Rolex/Tudor.
Link Posted: 5/30/2019 2:24:06 PM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Finslayer83:

The RSC sucks.

Why I prefer independents and this policy of killing their parts accounts as of late is causing me to be hesitant about Rolex/Tudor.
View Quote
They voided the remainder of my warranty so I'll have to pay no matter what and said they did not send the bracelet back.

since it is not counterfeit, that's theft.
Link Posted: 5/30/2019 5:06:10 PM EDT
Originally Posted By gp55445:
They voided the remainder of my warranty so I'll have to pay no matter what and said they did not send the bracelet back.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

The RSC sucks.

I'd demand the bracelet back and if they don't - I'd call the proper folks to report a theft.
Link Posted: 5/30/2019 5:32:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/30/2019 5:33:21 PM EDT by sgtlmj]
WTAF does the bracelet have to do with the watch?!? If you had sent it in without any bracelet/strap would they have made you buy one?
Link Posted: 5/30/2019 5:50:45 PM EDT
Sounds like I violated their almighty don't change the bracelet/strap policy and now I'm on the naughty list.

Heres the kicker - I paid the $1150 for the repair and they kept the bracelet I originally sent in. I really want a sub, but I'm thinking about burning RSC down. I will get the bracelet back but here's the funny thing.

Search eBay for used Rolex parts. There is a seller 15 miles from the Dallas RSC that is listing hands, dials etc. Hmmm could these be from customers' watches?
Link Posted: 5/30/2019 5:54:19 PM EDT
Sounds like I violated their almighty don't change the bracelet/strap policy and now I'm on the naughty list.

Heres the kicker - I paid the $1150 for the repair and they kept the bracelet I originally sent in. I really want a sub, but I'm thinking about burning RSC down. I will get the bracelet back but here's the funny thing.

Search eBay for used Rolex parts. There is a seller 15 miles from the Dallas RSC that is listing hands, dials etc. Hmmm could these be from customers' watches?
View Quote
Probably wouldn't take much to do a business license search of the two companies and see if there's a connection.
Link Posted: 5/30/2019 5:57:01 PM EDT
Or an RSC employee with a side hustle.
Link Posted: 5/30/2019 6:22:55 PM EDT
Notify the Attorney General in their state and tell them they stole your stuff and have them look into the parts seller because of your theory of reselling customer parts. They would be able to link the two pretty quick if that's what's going on and get your stuff back. Maybe even let you return the new bracelet too. They might have an online form to fill out.
Link Posted: 5/30/2019 9:12:27 PM EDT
Do you have an attorney who can call for you?
Link Posted: 5/30/2019 9:15:49 PM EDT
The AD told them it will not end well if I don't get it back. Does anyone have a copy of their policy? I cannot find it. Thanks
Link Posted: 5/30/2019 9:47:18 PM EDT
The AD told them it will not end well if I don't get it back. Does anyone have a copy of their policy? I cannot find it. Thanks
View Quote
Fire up a thread over here: https://www.rolexforums.com/

There are some RSC tech's on there who post daily.
Link Posted: 5/31/2019 12:55:31 AM EDT
Yep they are dicks. They have been this way for a long time. Funny at one time Rolex would interchange parts for you to mod your watch.
Link Posted: 6/5/2019 1:19:48 PM EDT
Any updates?
Link Posted: 6/5/2019 2:26:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/5/2019 2:28:05 PM EDT by FlockaCGulz]
Ouch. Please keep the thread updated.

Does RSC look bad because they're compliant with factory policy or are they dicks on their own?
Link Posted: 6/7/2019 7:20:48 AM EDT
Originally Posted By williedikker72:
Any updates?
View Quote
Per the AD, they said they would ship back. Waiting...
Link Posted: 6/10/2019 12:28:15 AM EDT
Honestly, after they voided warranty, I would have told them to send it straight back.

They cancelled warranty over a bracelet.
They stole your bracelet.
You then gave them 1150.

That's like waddling down the hall to bring your rapist breakfast in bed.

(I do hope you get it back. Let me know if you want me to drive by and leave a flaming bag of poop at their door.)
Link Posted: 6/11/2019 12:57:31 AM EDT
Most state AG offices have reciprocal agreements with other states’ AGs. As someone already suggested, I’d look into that route. Good luck, OP.
Link Posted: 6/21/2019 7:06:41 PM EDT

The RSC sucks.

View Quote
I just the other day had a similar conversation with a certain watchmaker you and I have discussed..
Link Posted: 6/21/2019 8:17:40 PM EDT
Any updates OP?
Link Posted: 6/22/2019 3:09:11 PM EDT
I got it back and will never use RSC again. I'll go to a guy in an alley behind Canal St. that has a hammer and channel locks before I'll give another penny to them.

And yes, please do commence with the flaming bag of dog shit as offered.
Link Posted: 6/22/2019 5:32:01 PM EDT
Originally Posted By redfish86:
I just the other day had a similar conversation with a certain watchmaker you and I have discussed..
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By redfish86:

The RSC sucks.

Yes. Talked with him yesterday for a bit.

Good people.
Link Posted: 6/27/2019 10:27:04 PM EDT
The paper work that came with my BB GMT said that only an AD can swap from bracelet to strap and back. Screw that.

The last time I sent my Sub there for service, it was running too fast, yet would run down quickly if not worn. It came back clean, the reserve was back, but still running too fast. The AD said it would probably take another month to get it looked at. Never again.
Top Top