Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
1/22/2020 12:12:56 PM
Posted: 11/23/2012 4:38:05 PM EST
Being the recipient of root canal dentistry sucks. Duh.
Not wanting 4 hands, multiple tools and a rubber dam in my mouth at the same time, I opted for 'Sedation Dentistry'.
This is tooth #14, 2nd molar from the back, top left. It has already had a root canal, a crown, and a re-crown.
When it became irritated, I was sent to the Endodontist who specializes in this type of dentistry.
They took a 360-degree X-Ray and I got to see this problem on-screen from all angles. Cool.

Triazolam was prescribed and administered.
Successful beyond my imagination.
"Here, take these NOW."
"...mmm-OK."
25 minutes later, my eyes were closed and I was comfortable.
1 & 1/2 HOURS later, they were done!
No recollection of 99% of the procedure.

NOW, to the pus pocket ( or whatever it is ).
I still have a 'sensitive and swollen bump' on the gum next to the area that was worked on.
The Endodontist called to check on me a couple days after the procedure and said it would go away.
I'm tempted to POP IT...!!!
I want to relieve that pressure.

Yay or nay?
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 4:40:59 PM EST
Use the picck––what's thee worse that can happen?
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 4:48:46 PM EST
So when you woke up were you sore anywhere other than your mouth?

If you pop, do it with a sterile needle. Better to not pop it, and let the doc do his job. I know that's probably not what you wanted to hear.

If you do pop it, get video for epic shock/gross points.
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 4:54:00 PM EST
Pop it. It's trying to drain.

I'd be concerned about who did your previous dental work. I had a root canal where they missed a root. Had it redone years later and it still caused problems. I finally had it pulled and should have done that the very first time......
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 5:12:11 PM EST
I think this tooth was originally worked on almost 15 years ago.
No pain...anywhere.
I used a dental mirror at home to look at this and decided I'd use 'Brandy Therapy'...
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 5:22:28 PM EST
Wife said leave it alone, she's a DDS. You now have the wisdom of two dentists. Where should I send the bill.
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 5:26:02 PM EST
Originally Posted By hollandbriscoe:
Wife said leave it alone, she's a DDS. You now have the wisdom of two dentists. Where should I send the bill.

No worries your Obamacare check is already in the mail, dont worry we will pay you the amount we think is fair.....
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 5:26:42 PM EST
I had the cats scan it.
They also believe that you should leave it alone. Where should I send the cat scan bill to?
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 7:25:27 PM EST
My Cats can't scan Jack, and I have sure tried to teach them. (Bunch of retards!) How did You teach your cats to run a scanner?
Top Top