Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/14/2002 1:52:42 AM EDT
Since someone mentioned B&B Guns in N. Hollywood I thought i'd mention RNJ.

I don't know for how long they've been closed but I went by there on Monday [Feb. 11] and they were gone.

The store was completely empty!!!

Now, i'm just left with Turner Outdoorsman, locally.

Anyone else know of anyother stores not too far from L.A.???
Link Posted: 2/14/2002 2:02:15 AM EDT
[#1]
RNJ ran into some major legal troubles.
Link Posted: 2/14/2002 3:19:06 AM EDT
[#2]
OT but - misterhemi, do you know how the Germans pronounce DaimlerChrysler?

The Crysler is silent.
Link Posted: 2/14/2002 4:40:42 AM EDT
[#3]
I like Cliff's Gunsmithing in Santa Ana on 17th between Fairview and Bristol. Great selection of reloading components and decent prices. X-Caliber in Garden Grove on Beach Blvd just a couple of blocks south of the Garded Grove Fwy is pretty good.    
Link Posted: 2/14/2002 5:40:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
OT but - misterhemi, do you know how the Germans pronounce DaimlerChrysler?

The Crysler is silent.
View Quote

YEAH NO KIDDING!!!!

They just [B]BLATENTLY[/B] lied and admitted to it openly in the newspapers.

Jurgen Schemp said,"....we never intended to honor the terms of our agreement".

Hopefully something good will come from the pending lawsuits from both U.S. and German investors.
Link Posted: 2/14/2002 9:02:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/14/2002 11:22:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
RNJ ran into some major legal troubles.
View Quote

That was a few years back. They were selling converted AKs, etc (you want select fire with that?). The owner blamed the Manager and gunsmith, and managed to reopen the store. I was there about a year ago (I never felt real welcome, it was kind of a for the Asians, by the Asians kind of place IMO). There's a post on the equipment exchange, "everything else" by RNJguns310. Gotta be the same guys. The post is interesting, considering their prior problems.
Link Posted: 2/15/2002 12:05:24 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
RNJ has been out of business at least a year or two. They had a big sale to get rid of some items before they closed the doors for good. What part of L.A. are you in? Martin B. Retting is in Culver City, and there's a small gun store in Redondo Beach but I don't know the name of it. A friend of mine who lives near there told me about it. About the closest to where RNJ used to be is Turners in Signal Hill. B&B in Westminster is still open. It's a few blocks away from X-Caliber. The Stockade is down the street but their prices are sky high.
View Quote

Hmmm... I thought they were open around a year ago.

Martin B. Redding is fine as well but i'm usually in the south bay area. A lot of times I end up shopping at Turners in Redondo or sometimes Signal Hill.

Also, across the street from Martin B. redding is a nice place [U]Red Star Military Museum and Sales[/U]. Before the ban he had lots of stuff, haven't been in there for a while though - also, maybe a bit pricey too. The owner is Laurel Relin.

He had a pre-ban Bushmaster V-Match for $1500.00 in 1995 or so... Waaaaay too high but his AK's were priced right!

Also, i've heard of that store in Redondo, it was listed in a directory of gun stores and shooting ranges (I lost that book).

FYI Presently I live in what is considered South L.A. I've lived in Torrance (do alot of business there) and may eventually move elsewhere when things are right... also looking for additional out of state property.
Link Posted: 2/15/2002 1:02:17 AM EDT
[#8]
[url]http://www.redstarmuseum.com/[/url]
my favorite
I showed them the kali legal ar lower, I just  noticed it is on the front page. [:D]

[url]http://www.retting.com/[/url]

[url]http://www.laguns.com/home.shtml[/url]
Never been there.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top