Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/26/2002 1:29:03 PM EDT
1) Islam isn't a race. No one is BORN into Islam, people make choices to follow it. 2) Dislike of the Islamic religion is not racism. At worst, it could be called religious bigotry, but the fact is, some religions ARE more distasteful than others. 3) I HAVE met and talked to Arabs...in particular, I TRAINED with Saudi Arabian officers in the US Army. I found them to be despicable people in almost every way possible. I have nothing against Arab-Americans, but I think very little of the Arab countries in the Middle East. 4)Adam, YOU need to have the wisdom to differentiate between racism, which is the belief that someone is inferior because of their racial background, and a reasonable distrust of certain countries because of their track record. Is it racist to say that most people in most Arab countries are misogynist, primitive religious fanatics? You may think it is, but it is also quite frankly the truth.
View Quote
Yeah...it's just a coincidence that most terrorists are Islamic. Now, not ALL Islamic people support terrorism, of course. It's like Henry Kissinger said about politicians: "Ninety percent of the politicians give the other ten percent a bad reputation."
View Quote
Do I even need to paralell this logic for you? EVERYTHING YOU JUST SAID, from a logical background, can be equally applied to negro culture across the board. Yet when someone says this, you all of a sudden retreat into "take them all as individuals" You amaze me. Probably the most idealist, head-up-your-ass, irrationial person I have ever encountered.
Link Posted: 8/26/2002 1:33:15 PM EDT
"horrible hypocrite"???? Is that in comparison to those "good, beneficial hypocrites???" [}:D]
Link Posted: 8/26/2002 1:34:10 PM EDT
Shouldn't this be in the "RANT!" forum? Whoops... wrong board [:D]
Link Posted: 8/26/2002 1:37:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/26/2002 1:40:52 PM EDT by LARRYG]
Originally Posted By McUZI:
1) Islam isn't a race. No one is BORN into Islam, people make choices to follow it. 2) Dislike of the Islamic religion is not racism. At worst, it could be called religious bigotry, but the fact is, some religions ARE more distasteful than others. 3) I HAVE met and talked to Arabs...in particular, I TRAINED with Saudi Arabian officers in the US Army. I found them to be despicable people in almost every way possible. I have nothing against Arab-Americans, but I think very little of the Arab countries in the Middle East. 4)Adam, YOU need to have the wisdom to differentiate between racism, which is the belief that someone is inferior because of their racial background, and a reasonable distrust of certain countries because of their track record. Is it racist to say that most people in most Arab countries are misogynist, primitive religious fanatics? You may think it is, but it is also quite frankly the truth.
View Quote
Yeah...it's just a coincidence that most terrorists are Islamic. Now, not ALL Islamic people support terrorism, of course. It's like Henry Kissinger said about politicians: "Ninety percent of the politicians give the other ten percent a bad reputation."
View Quote
Do I even need to paralell this logic for you? EVERYTHING YOU JUST SAID, from a logical background, can be equally applied to negro culture across the board. Yet when someone says this, you all of a sudden retreat into "take them all as individuals" You amaze me. Probably the most idealist, head-up-your-ass, irrationial person I have ever encountered.
View Quote
1. Negro IS a race, unlike ISLAM. 2. Criticizing a religion is not racism. Many atheist criticize Christianity, that does not make them racist. 3. He is slamming a region and countries and the way that people in them act. He is not slamming a group within a country based on race. 4. Talking about the track records of some countries, not a race. Your second quote is him again slamming a religion, not a race. See numbers 1 and 2 above.
Link Posted: 8/26/2002 1:44:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/26/2002 1:51:50 PM EDT by McUZI]
Originally Posted By LARRYG:
View Quote
1. Negro IS a race, unlike ISLAM.
View Quote
Yes it is.
2. Criticizing a religion is not racism. Many atheist criticize Christianity, that does not make them racist.
View Quote
It's called applied logic. RIKWRITER criticizes an identifiable body of people based on broad statements like a collective system of beliefs, or behavioral demographics. Yet when the same [i]logic[/i] is [i]applied[/i] to negroes, he says the logic itself is invalid.. and that makes him a hypocrite. [img]http://www.aish.com/graphics/articles/Hypocrite!230x150.gif[/img]
3. He is slamming a region and countries and the way that people in them act. He is not slamming a group within a country based on race.
View Quote
See above.
4. Talking about the track records of some countries, not a race.
View Quote
See 2 posts above. You didn't get what I said. I amnot saying RIKWRITER was slamming race. I am saying the logic he uses to slam Islam can be equally applied to negroes, yet when it is, he says it's invalid. Again. That makes him a hypocrite.
Link Posted: 8/26/2002 1:57:49 PM EDT
ISLAM is not a RACE, regardless of what you say. Period, end of discussion. We are at war with Islamic fanatics, which most Muslims seem to be, given all the dancing in the streets on September 11, 2001. That does not compare to slamming an entire race within our country based on the idiotic rantings of a few, such a Jesse Jackass and Calypso Louie. I also get tired of hearing that crap, but it really is just a small percentage of the black population. In fact, the 4th District elections here in Georgia showed that many blacks are getting tired of this same old crap as well and are beginning to wake up and realize who the real 'man' is that has been holding them down, that being so-called 'black leaders' like the aforementioned two idiots, plus Sharpton and others.
Link Posted: 8/26/2002 2:01:03 PM EDT
seems like people are trying to make a distiction between biological "race" and ethnicity and/or culture. "negro" is a figment of the 19th century that has been shown biologically to be very shaky at best in full consideration of similarity and difference in genetics. not many people choose a religion either. most people are born into it. not many people really choose to be muslims. i know several who have chosen NOT to be though. (nothin' like grubbing on some weiner schnitzel with a turkish cutie...) the key disctinction here is whether or not you're talking about [i]somebody else[/i] and making assumptions about them while lacking perfect knowledge. it is about otherness, plain and simple, which in essence consists of social differences as visible through [i]your[/i] particular set of goggles. most of the time such rank speculation is wrong. sometimes it contains some valuable insight that the locals would never have figured out about themselves. personally i find islamic gender ideology disgusting. kinda like promise keepers with legal authority... eeeew.
Link Posted: 8/26/2002 2:02:28 PM EDT
Originally Posted By LARRYG: ISLAM is not a RACE, regardless of what you say. Period, end of discussion. We are at war with Islamic fanatics, which most Muslims seem to be, given all the dancing in the streets on September 11, 2001.
View Quote
let's see - couple hundred Arabs seen dancing in the streets. yeah, that's a scientifically representative sample of for [size=6]70 million people[/size=6]
Link Posted: 8/26/2002 2:03:51 PM EDT
Originally Posted By LARRYG: ISLAM is not a RACE, regardless of what you say. Period, end of discussion.
View Quote
I know. You essentially said "Negro is a race, Islam isn't". And I was saying "Yes, Negro a race, and Islam isn't". I was agreeing with you. Now, do you care to address the rest of my post that pointed out your lack of comprehension skills, just like your latest one proved?
Link Posted: 8/26/2002 2:05:06 PM EDT
Not racisism, it would be bigotry....
Link Posted: 8/26/2002 2:05:23 PM EDT
Negroes? Is that a technical term? Don't you mean African-Americans? Who brought up blacks anyway? Is there more statements from this guy that aren't quoted here? I think we're missing some info. As it reads here Rikky Tikky was talking about Islam not 'negroes'...anyway we all see what he's pointing to, though his linguistics are off tilt. Correct some spelling, change some sentances, and his words makes sense. Can't knock a guy too hard for typing as fast as he thinks. Sounds like you're saying "EDIT YOUR WORDS" more than marking him as a hypocrite. And I think LARRYG is right on the money. And I also see what McUZI is getting at, which also makes sense...I'm not sure what this is all about, but I'm outta here, gonna go read the Firearms Forum...I recommend everyone go get a beer and relax. Islam Extremists suck. As Rik put it, "it is also quite frankly the truth." Can I get a 'hell ya?' Or maybe I should just not respond, mind my own business and watch this topic escalate into a circus. Either way, it seems you all are on the same side with the same views. Cheers.
Link Posted: 8/26/2002 2:06:14 PM EDT
Damn you mcuzi! rikwriter is my bestest buddy and you is saying fightin words!
Link Posted: 8/26/2002 2:14:44 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Hokie: Negroes? Is that a technical term? Don't you mean African-Americans?
View Quote
[b]I'm kinda ticked with hyphenated Americans.[/b] If a person of color is a US citizen then they are Americans of African Ancestry (AAA) to me. If French and citizens then they are American of Frog Ancestry (AFG)....to me. (If they don't have citizenship then they're probably called illegal aliens.)
Link Posted: 8/26/2002 2:16:10 PM EDT
Originally Posted By garandman:
Originally Posted By LARRYG: ISLAM is not a RACE, regardless of what you say. Period, end of discussion. We are at war with Islamic fanatics, which most Muslims seem to be, given all the dancing in the streets on September 11, 2001.
View Quote
let's see - couple hundred Arabs seen dancing in the streets. yeah, that's a scientifically representative sample of for [size=6]70 million people[/size=6]
View Quote
No way in hell you're gonna win this one Gman. Untill ALL of the leaders of the arab/muslim nations and all muslim clerics/witchdoctors come out and publically denounce terrorism and activly speak out about the evils of terrorism and not vice versa, we/I will continue to blame islam as the root of our evil.
Link Posted: 8/26/2002 2:17:25 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/26/2002 2:20:51 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/26/2002 2:21:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/26/2002 2:23:54 PM EDT by garandman]
Originally Posted By SPECTRE: No way in hell you're gonna win this one Gman. Untill ALL of the leaders of the arab/muslim nations and all muslim clerics/witchdoctors come out and publically denounce terrorism and activly speak out about the evils of terrorism and not vice versa, we/I will continue to blame islam as the root of our evil.
View Quote
I can understand you are emotionally tied to blaming Islam, but one (at least one) question remains unanswered in my mind - Islam has existed for like EVER. Over 2,000 years. America has existed, as a nation for over 230 years. Why is it that ONLY in the last 30 years has Islam decided to wipe us out? Why NOTHING, not even a scent of hatred for the USA by Islam in the prior 200 years????? And PLEASE, sweet Josephine, PLEASE don't insult my intelligence with the "Barbary Pirates nonsense.
Link Posted: 8/26/2002 2:22:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/26/2002 2:25:09 PM EDT by Boom_Stick]
Originally Posted By Hokie: Negroes? Is that a technical term? Don't you mean African-Americans?
View Quote
[img]http://www.thegeekhost.com/helfire/funnys/jules.gif[/img] [b]Hehehehe, I couldent help myself Hokie![/b]
Given that anthropoligical DNA studies have shown that all Non-African humans descend from a common ancestor, and that she was African
View Quote
The remains found in Africa, true. The mother of all races, bs. I dont put much faith in studies or findings from the secular intellectuals/scientists community anymore.
Link Posted: 8/26/2002 2:25:12 PM EDT
Originally Posted By shotar: Given that anthropoligical DNA studies have shown that all Non-African humans descend from a common ancestor, and that she was African, we can deduct that all non African, and many African people in the world are biologically related to southern Europeans having migrated on separate routes thousands of years later, and re linking with the first Affrican emmigrants in the Med. area and accross to Italy, spain, etc. This would leave questions of Race as moot, as the vast majority of us are related biologicaly, ( the real Eve, History channel). This being the case, these differences that we argue and fight over are really a matter of ideology and appearance. Yet again, we argue over form with no substance. Thank you McUzi for pointing this out. Your ancient ancestors would be proud of you.
View Quote
Dude - that makes no sense. We also share 99% of our DNA with chimpanzees. Does that mean that we shouldn't consider them different from us? You might not, but I'm afraid of cannibals that hurl feces when they're angry! PLEASE NOTE - I'm NOT making any comparisons between Africans and Chimps - I'm just saying the logic if ancestry and shared DNA has noting to do with current socioligical and cultural differences between different genetic strains of the human species.
Link Posted: 8/26/2002 2:28:22 PM EDT
Originally Posted By shotar: Given that anthropoligical DNA studies have shown that all Non-African humans descend from a common ancestor, and that she was African, we can deduct that all non African, and many African people in the world are biologically related to southern Europeans having migrated on separate routes thousands of years later, and re linking with the first Affrican emmigrants in the Med. area and accross to Italy, spain, etc. This would leave questions of Race as moot, as the vast majority of us are related biologicaly, ( the real Eve, History channel). This being the case, these differences that we argue and fight over are really a matter of ideology and appearance. Yet again, we argue over form with no substance. Thank you McUzi for pointing this out. Your ancient ancestors would be proud of you.
View Quote
I knew it! McUzi is an African-American! [:P] big·ot Pronunciation Key (bgt) n. One who is strongly partial to one's own group, religion, race, or politics and is intolerant of those who differ. rac·ism Pronunciation Key (rszm) n. The belief that race accounts for differences in human character or ability and that a particular race is superior to others. Discrimination or prejudice based on race. You decide who's what...
Link Posted: 8/26/2002 2:30:20 PM EDT
Originally Posted By garandman: Why is it that ONLY in the last 30 years has Islam decided to wipe us out?
View Quote
Perhaps partially due to an incoherent foreign policy in the middle east ?? (STILLS)
Link Posted: 8/26/2002 2:33:34 PM EDT
Originally Posted By shotar: Given that anthropoligical DNA studies have shown....
View Quote
Sociological studies have shown that 93.5% of all people who cite "studies" can't ever seem to remember where they heard them in the first place. got link?
Link Posted: 8/26/2002 2:39:23 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/26/2002 2:40:05 PM EDT
Originally Posted By 5subslr5:
Originally Posted By garandman: Why is it that ONLY in the last 30 years has Islam decided to wipe us out?
View Quote
Perhaps partially due to an incoherent foreign policy in the middle east ?? (STILLS)
View Quote
That would be my suspicion. Can anyone name for me a "personality" that at one time we supported, gave aid and arms to, gave money and military intelligence, SOLELY for the purpose of defeating some other enemy we had, then once said "personality" had outlived his usefulness, and literally tens of thousands of his people had died as our pawns in a war against that "other enemy" , we abandoned, and then we supported that personalities enemy??? Can anyone name ONE such person????
Link Posted: 8/26/2002 2:40:31 PM EDT
Originally Posted By SPECTRE:
View Quote
View Quote
No way in hell you're gonna win this one Gman. Untill ALL of the leaders of the arab/muslim nations and all muslim clerics/witchdoctors come out and publically denounce terrorism and activly speak out about the evils of terrorism and not vice versa, we/I will continue to blame islam as the root of our evil.
View Quote
And who/what was the root of our evil before 9/11??
Link Posted: 8/26/2002 2:41:29 PM EDT
Originally Posted By SPECTRE: No way in hell you're gonna win this one Gman. Untill ALL of the leaders of the arab/muslim nations and all muslim clerics/witchdoctors come out and publically denounce terrorism and activly speak out about the evils of terrorism and not vice versa, we/I will continue to blame islam as the root of our evil.
View Quote
I can understand you are emotionally tied to blaming Islam, but one (at least one) question remains unanswered in my mind - Islam has existed for like EVER. Over 2,000 years. America has existed, as a nation for over 230 years. Why is it that ONLY in the last 30 years has Islam decided to wipe us out? Why NOTHING, not even a scent of hatred for the USA by Islam in the prior 200 years????? And PLEASE, sweet Josephine, PLEASE don't insult my intelligence with the "Barbary Pirates nonsense.
View Quote
I am not simply being emotional and I would answer by saying that at this particular time in history they have access to the weapons and knowledge which makes them a threat. The reasons why they hate us are irrelevent to me. We can't be loved by all so we must be feared by all. My main complaint about islam is that pretty much 100% of all of their leaders, both political and religious have condoned terrorist actions and untill they start preaching love and not hate, I will have my finger on the button ready to fire the nuke !!! (using Gman/ETH terminology)
Link Posted: 8/26/2002 2:45:51 PM EDT
Originally Posted By liberty86:
Originally Posted By SPECTRE:
View Quote
View Quote
View Quote
And who/what was the root of our evil before 9/11??
View Quote
There are many "evil" roots on the world tree and all must be dealt with firmly and with the mindset that America comes first.
Link Posted: 8/26/2002 2:48:22 PM EDT
Originally Posted By liberty86: And who/what was the root of our evil before 9/11??
View Quote
Oh you mean the "bad guy" du jour? Right wing extremists Domestic militia terrorist groups Gun owners Gangsta rappers Manuel Noriega Narcoterrorists
Link Posted: 8/26/2002 2:48:44 PM EDT
Originally Posted By garandman: Islam has existed for like EVER. Over 2,000 years. America has existed, as a nation for over 230 years. Why is it that ONLY in the last 30 years has Islam decided to wipe us out? Why NOTHING, not even a scent of hatred for the USA by Islam in the prior 200 years?????
View Quote
Just a minor point, but Islam is only about 1500 years old (Mohammed was born in the late 6th century).
Link Posted: 8/26/2002 2:49:34 PM EDT
Originally Posted By McUZI:
Originally Posted By LARRYG: ISLAM is not a RACE, regardless of what you say. Period, end of discussion.
View Quote
I know. You essentially said "Negro is a race, Islam isn't". And I was saying "Yes, Negro a race, and Islam isn't". I was agreeing with you. Now, do you care to address the rest of my post that pointed out your lack of comprehension skills, just like your latest one proved?
View Quote
Don't get huffy, boy. I guess I was surprised that you agreed with me on anything. As you pointed out, his statements are aimed at ideological beliefs, such as killing infidels. That does not apply to Negroes, as they don't all adhere to the same ideologies, as Islam does with it's believers. There are Muslims of all races, white, black, Arabic, etc. He is slamming the ideology of the fanatical Muslims, not a race. There is a huge difference. Blacks are born as such, just as you and I were born white, no choice. The path that any individual takes in his life determines what his/her life will be about, regardless of race. People choose their religion, not their race. There are white Muslims who are just as fantatical as Osama, so it's not a race issue. You are criticizing blacks simply because they are black. Granted, some of the crap from 'black leaders' and their minions are getting old, but there are more signs that the middle class of blacks are tiring of this rapidly and are becoming more mainstream. He is criticizing Islam because the wish for our destruction seems to be predominant within that religion. At least, we are not hearing anything from those who don't feel this way. There is a huge difference.
Link Posted: 8/26/2002 2:51:43 PM EDT
Originally Posted By SPECTRE: The reasons why they hate us are irrelevent to me. We can't be loved by all so we must be feared by all. )
View Quote
Trite phrases don't help here. What you find "irrelevant" WILL lead us into endless wars. Until one of us no longer exists, and the other has suffered literally tens of millions of deaths. WHY they hate us is so very relevant. Saying its irrelevant is like saying what causes an illness is irrelevant. LEARN what's causing the illness, so you can figger out how to avoid it.
Link Posted: 8/26/2002 2:55:52 PM EDT
View Quote
View Quote
Couple hundred????????????? I suggest you go dig out the archives of the THOUSANDS seen dancing on the street and that was only the ones gotten on tape. Do you hate Israel so much, that you will defend these people to the bitter end? and
Why is it that ONLY in the last 30 years has Islam decided to wipe us out? Why NOTHING, not even a scent of hatred for the USA by Islam in the prior 200 years?????
View Quote
Why don't you just come out and say it? Come on, say 'I hate Israel'. You can do it. Could it be that they didn't have the means until the last 30 years or so? No, that would be too logical, which would not fit into your rantings about Israel. Throughout history, they have been trying to wipe someone out. Could it be that since they have been under someone's thumb, not ours, for the last few hundred years that it was not until recently that they could organize this well? No, more logic.
Link Posted: 8/26/2002 2:56:21 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/26/2002 3:02:11 PM EDT
Garandman, So what your saying is it's somehow our fault they hate us and we should kiss their asses and make up ??
Link Posted: 8/26/2002 3:07:03 PM EDT
Originally Posted By shotar: You will note that I cited the source in the body of my previous post. For those not used to reading before responding I stated that it was presented on a documentary from the History channel called " The real Eve ". I'm sure a tape or DVD copy is available on their website. Quite an interesting show. Mensa my a**.
View Quote
You mean this mess?
(the real Eve, History channel).
View Quote
I was supposed to decipher that improperly capitolized, unelaborated nightmare as being your "source?" LOL! Dude, let's start from the beginning. If you are going to cite someone a "source", try to stay away from using television programs as the basis for your arguments. "I SAW IT ON TV!!!!!" Now, if you came to me with the valid data used to make the program, I might be interested. But just telling me "I saw it on TV" doesn'tmake much of a case. Television isn't valid as a scientific source. 2) The Mensa thing offends a lot of people. I know this. And it REALLY offends those who aren't complete morons, but not smart enough toget in. Whenever I make a typo, or mis-spell a word, this type of person will chime in saying "MENSA my ass!" The ability to process information is what deems one a worthy candidate. Not the ability to name all 50 states in order of their joining the union.
Link Posted: 8/26/2002 3:13:47 PM EDT
Originally Posted By shotar: I stated that it was presented on a documentary from the History channel called " The real Eve ". Mensa
View Quote
Sw the program. Good. (MUSLIMS)
Link Posted: 8/26/2002 3:17:28 PM EDT
You guys are all fucking idiots who need to grow up. Why don't we trying talking about something else that we can all learn from. Our enemy isn't race or religion or even what country you're from. IT'S TERRORISM!!!!!! It has no color or religion or country. Up until last year the most deadly attack of terrorism on U.S. soil was the Oklahoma City bombing done by guess who.............so called Americans but I didn't here anybody bring up race or religion on that one. We all just accepted it for the facts that it is and that is pure hatred and lack of respect for life. PLEASE PEOPLE GET IT THROUGH YOUR FUCKING HEADS THAT TERRORISM IS JUST ANOTHER WORD FOR HATRED. IF YOU WANT TO SOLVE A PROBLEM YOU HAVE TO DESTROY THE ROOT AND INCASE YOU'RE TO IGNORANT TO KNOW RELIGION, COUNTRY OF ORIGIN, AND SKIN TONE AREN'T ANYWHERE NEAR THE ROOT. AN INTELLIGENT PERSON WILL THINK BEFORE THEY TALK AN IGNORANT PERSON WILL TALK WITHOUT THINKING.
Link Posted: 8/26/2002 3:19:16 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Hawkeye:
Originally Posted By 5subslr5: [b]I'm kinda ticked with hyphenated Americans.[/b]
View Quote
All of our differences aside, I see we agree 100 percent here. You are either an American, or your not.
View Quote
I agree 100% !!! The hyphenated American B.S. needs to stop. Untill it does, and the leaders of the hyphenated stop using their race/status as a tool with which to curry special status or favors, the hate and division will remain.
Link Posted: 8/26/2002 3:20:42 PM EDT
Originally Posted By shotar: That was my point exactly, the differences are sociological and cultural, not genetic. Hence form with no substance. Geneticly the band of humans that migrated north is not inherently better than the bands that migrated east, west, or south. It is therefore stupid to use the genetic mutations of Europeans, Asians, or whatever as a basis for anything. We all came from the same place. Therefore the only logical thing that we can argue about is belief. We then must decide if it is worth it to argue about form without substance as I have yet to see substance to beliefs.
View Quote
If a master blacksmith and I were given identical hunks of steel and we each forged a knife, would they then be of the same quality? They came from the same place. (note: i've never forged a knife before)
Link Posted: 8/26/2002 3:41:23 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/26/2002 3:48:07 PM EDT
Originally Posted By 5subslr5:
View Quote
[b]I'm kinda ticked with hyphenated Americans.[/b] If a person of color is a US citizen then they are Americans of African Ancestry (AAA) to me. If French and citizens then they are American of Frog Ancestry (AFG)....to me. (If they don't have citizenship then they're probably called illegal aliens.)
View Quote
I'm also ticked with acronymed socialogical groups [;)] [beer]
Link Posted: 8/26/2002 4:05:46 PM EDT
Originally Posted By 00_buckshot: You guys are all fucking idiots who need to grow up. Why don't we trying talking about something else that we can all learn from. Our enemy isn't race or religion or even what country you're from. IT'S TERRORISM!!!!!! It has no color or religion or country. Up until last year the most deadly attack of terrorism on U.S. soil was the Oklahoma City bombing done by guess who.............so called Americans but I didn't here anybody bring up race or religion on that one. We all just accepted it for the facts that it is and that is pure hatred and lack of respect for life. PLEASE PEOPLE GET IT THROUGH YOUR FUCKING HEADS THAT TERRORISM IS JUST ANOTHER WORD FOR HATRED. IF YOU WANT TO SOLVE A PROBLEM YOU HAVE TO DESTROY THE ROOT AND INCASE YOU'RE TO IGNORANT TO KNOW RELIGION, COUNTRY OF ORIGIN, AND SKIN TONE AREN'T ANYWHERE NEAR THE ROOT. AN INTELLIGENT PERSON WILL THINK BEFORE THEY TALK AN IGNORANT PERSON WILL TALK WITHOUT THINKING.
View Quote
Yes!! That's right!! Why it could be............................ANYBODY!! (and it probably will be....)
Link Posted: 8/26/2002 4:06:55 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/26/2002 4:37:53 PM EDT
Originally Posted By 00_buckshot: Our enemy isn't race or religion or even what country you're from. IT'S TERRORISM!!!!!!
View Quote
That's like saying in WWII "It isn't the Nazis or the Germans who are our enemies, IT'S BLITZKREIG!!!!" Tim McVeigh might have been a terrorist with political reasons behind his murder, but he was just an isolated case, and worked with only one or two other guys. Militiant Islamists have a huge, sprawling organization with state sponsorship, lots of popular support around the globe, are well-financed, plenty of willing footsoldiers eager to sacrifice themselves for a quick ride to Paradise, and have been committing terror attacks against America since 1983, with a sustained campaign by Al-Qaeda alone since 1993. And the root of all this, the cause for which they fight, is Islam. It is our enemy.
Link Posted: 8/26/2002 4:44:51 PM EDT
Originally Posted By garandman: Islam has existed for like EVER. Over 2,000 years.
View Quote
No. Actually islam has existed for less than 1400 years. Hardly "for like EVER".
America has existed, as a nation for over 230 years. Why is it that ONLY in the last 30 years has Islam decided to wipe us out? Why NOTHING, not even a scent of hatred for the USA by Islam in the prior 200 years?????
View Quote
Please read your history books. Frankly, I'm a little surprised this awful post was by you. You're not drinking and posting are you? The fact is, islam has been bent on annihilating western culture since its creation in 600-something AD. Ever hear of the Battle of Tours? 732 AD, in France, an Islamic invasion was halted. Islam had only existed for about 100 years and it had already conquered and destroyed its way across northern africa, up through spain, and into france. Muslims have tried to kill US (western civilization) for as long as their awful religion has existed. Why weren't they suicide bombing us in, say 1900AD? BECAUSE THERE WAS NO WAY FOR THEM TO GET HERE. This isn't rocket science, garandman, and your points are moot. When did globalization and mass travel begin to become a reality? Ohhh about the 1960's and 1970's, the same time muslims became a thorn in our side.
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/26/2002 5:01:18 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/26/2002 5:19:12 PM EDT
Will someone please explain to me how this thread is [u]not[/u] a personal attack on [b]RikWriter?[/b] [b]From the Forum Conduct Code:[/b] [b]7) No personal attacks towards ANYONE. If you have a problem with someone, then take it offline with them. If it's with a member of the staff or a moderator, then contact someone from the Senior Staff. Attacking a person, ANY PERSON, in a non-joking manner (clearly visible as a joke) will not be tolerated. This includes provoking someone into an attack.[/b] I am at a loss to explain how calling [b]RikWriter[/b] a hypocrite is not offensive? Eric The(Hmmmm?)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 8/26/2002 5:25:25 PM EDT
Originally Posted By 00_buckshot: PLEASE PEOPLE GET IT THROUGH YOUR FUCKING HEADS THAT TERRORISM IS JUST ANOTHER WORD FOR HATRED. IF YOU WANT TO SOLVE A PROBLEM YOU HAVE TO DESTROY THE ROOT...
View Quote
At least, hate with an agenda. If your thesis is correct, then to get at the root we must be willing to stop the hate where it begins, which seems to be in those "educational" mosques, where the imams are polluting the minds on children. Pakistan is a prime example. Are you willing to go in with troops and wipe out both the imams and the children? That seems to be the only way. Those kids are raised from birth to hate America and it's unlikely they can be deprogrammed.
Link Posted: 8/26/2002 5:25:45 PM EDT
Originally Posted By EricTheHun: Will someone please explain to me how this thread is [u]not[/u] a personal attack on [b]RikWriter?[/b]
View Quote
shoulda been rephrased as "i find contradictions in RikWriter's argument."
Link Posted: 8/26/2002 5:41:54 PM EDT
Since several people have corrected the error about how long Islam has existed, I will correct the other mistake, though it has no bearing on the debate. I have read that there are cuurently something on the order of 1.2 BILLION Muslims. Not 70 million. Back to the dialog.....
Link Posted: 8/26/2002 5:47:39 PM EDT
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top