Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 7/18/2002 12:10:14 AM EST
[url]http://shamon.com/cora/petitiongate.htm[/url]
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 2:07:26 AM EST
Why? Pretty much everything on that page is a lie. Here is what the link says: [b] -It breaks the political backs of the judiciary and legislative branches of government. [/b] Vague BS statement [b] -It allows random arrests and detention without hearings or trials for anyone or any group designated by the President. Retroactive Prosecution, too! [/b] Lie [b] -It allows the concealment of Presidential records. [/b] Lie [b] -It permits secret "Military Tribunals" for presidentially-designated "terrorists". [/b] Lie, although it does allow some anti-terrorist warrants to be sealed for National Security, the same way counterintelligence proceedings have been for decades, but the stuff still has to come out at trial. [b] -It legalizes "sneak-n-peek" searches and seizures. [/b] True, but we have been doing these against the mob for years. [b] -It allows the unlawful infiltration and surveillance of legal, domestic religious, labor and political organizations. [/b] Lie. Limited to foreign terroists [b] -It allows the wholesale surveillance of private citizens, private business records and other materials without proof of probable cause. [/b] Lie. It just allows the government to do the same kinds of surveillance that are legal for any private citizen (or local law enforcement) to do. [b] -It destroys all e-mail and internet privacy... [/b] Pure, utter BS Ever read the Patriot Act? I have (my boss made me). The Patriot Act doesn't do any of that stuff.
Top Top