Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/15/2017 4:21:59 PM EDT
Bought my boy a traxxis 2wd Robbie Gordon rc truck a month back. He's been giving this thing hell and it's been taking it. Fast little fucker too. Thinking about ordering him a lipo battery for it as well. We have the upgraded charger that charges all types. Questions: How well do these out of the box cars do long term? Upgrades available?

We're going to a dirt track for rc cars this weekend just to play around. These things seem fun and I'd be lying if I said in wasn't wanting one of my own!
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 9:25:51 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't know anything about trucks, but i bought myself an r/c tank a month ago, and am having a ball learning to drive it.

NO desire to race, and prefer scale speeds and maneuvers.
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 9:28:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Bought my boy a traxxis 2wd Robbie Gordon rc truck a month back. He's been giving this thing hell and it's been taking it. Fast little fucker too. Thinking about ordering him a lipo battery for it as well. We have the upgraded charger that charges all types. Questions: How well do these out of the box cars do long term? Upgrades available?

We're going to a dirt track for rc cars this weekend just to play around. These things seem fun and I'd be lying if I said in wasn't wanting one of my own!
View Quote

For kids, they will do just fine and parts are all over. Kid will grow tired of it before it wears out and no parts are available.

Just be careful you dont take him to any tracks, or get him a crawler......you'll go broke, or have a habit similar to BRD
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 9:31:53 PM EDT
[#3]
If you go to the track ask first what tires they run there... It will make a huge difference.
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 9:34:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Traxxas is a huge name brand. Any part you brake you can replace or even upgrade. Lipos can be a huge upgrade but also can catch fire or explode so do some reading before you buy some. I have never saw one explode but have seen one start to hiss and put out smoke.

They are fun and can get expensive because you are going to want another one or a better model.
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 9:37:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Plenty of upgrades !   You think its fast now , wait till you put a lipo in it .    If its a 550 brushed motor and you decide to go brushless you will be in for a big surprise    
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 9:50:12 PM EDT
[#6]
I like these threads.

Don't know what all is needed to get started but what would be a good beginner truck to run in the grass or dirt road at my house?
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 7:27:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Don't know what all is needed to get started but what would be a good beginner truck to run in the grass or dirt road at my house?
View Quote

Money, and a willingness to piss it away ........... just like any other hobby or pastime.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 7:38:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Look at Axial trucks and Jeeps. The product is tough and reliable.  Kids have yet to break it,  so that's a thumbs up.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 7:45:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Yes traxxas trucks are tough.
You will still break parts, replace any chassis parts that break with RPM parts (rpmracing.com).
Check out rcshortcourse.com any question you could possibly come up with has been asked there a dozen times.
You realize you are going to have to get a truck of your own don't you?
One is fun, 2 is awesome
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 7:46:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I like these threads.

View Quote

ECX ruckus
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 7:53:19 PM EDT
[#11]
You think that sucker is fast now, just wait until you put some LIPO's in it.

Vince
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top