Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/19/2006 7:27:27 AM EDT
Anyone own a Blade CP? I just got one yesterday and think it rocks. Run one battery through already, and have another one charged. Been flying it in the hotel room. Can just about hover it now for 30 seconds or so before things go to shit on me.

If you have one, what would you suggest for an upgraded battery motor?

Aviator
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 7:33:21 AM EDT
[#1]
What's one of those cost? I've been looking at getting myself a cheap heli to learn on, so when i crash it I won't be out much
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 7:35:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Was right at $200. With training gear and an extra battery and tax I paid $260. Having a blast with it.  Google Blade XP

Aviator
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 7:37:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Ive always wanted a gas model to mount a cam on with an rc controller that has the video screen on it. Harrass all the neighbors and their dogs.

BTW is your avatar humping an apple cookie? lol if not, get rid of the fake.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 7:37:37 AM EDT
[#4]
What are the chances of putting a servo-operated full-auto Airsoft chingun on that baby?

Link Posted: 1/19/2006 7:38:50 AM EDT
[#5]
tag!
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 7:39:07 AM EDT
[#6]
250 bucks for something that flies for only 30 seconds?
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 7:42:08 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
250 bucks for something that flies for only 30 seconds?

It will fly about 10 minutes on a charge, I can only hover it about 30 seconds so far

Aviator
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 7:43:31 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
What are the chances of putting a servo-operated full-auto Airsoft chingun on that baby?

The sky is the limit.

An aquaintence of mine started out doing arial photography of homes for sale with an X-Cell gasser, now he is contracted through Exxon or BP or some such oil conglomerate to search out underground pockets of natural gas and crude oil. There is some sort of radar thing he mounts to the chopper and flies it over remote and dangerous areas. It gives the oil people a better idea of where to drill for the product. It saves them lot's of money in dry wells.

He's a gazillionaire now.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 7:51:04 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 7:55:00 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Can you do this?

www.helihobby.com//videos/alan_piccolopro-1.wmv

Eventually, the Blade is capable of it, I am not  

Aviator
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 7:58:23 AM EDT
[#11]
BEWARE of the RC bug.

Yes, it's fun.
Then, it gets expensive.

I don't know about planes and helos, but my monster truck started out as a $600 "toy".
Years later, I total the expenditures at over $2500 for replacement parts, new motors, upgrades (aluminum shocks, et al).

When I look back, that $2500 might have bought TWO new ARs and a Glock 27.  

If I had a stick of dynamite and a 3' fuze, I'd break out the video camera.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 8:00:28 AM EDT
[#12]
Get the aerobatic enhancement kit and a thunder power 3s 900maH battery. You'll need a decent charger. Get a Triton. Yes, it's 120 bucks, but if you're gonna do electrics, you'll kick yourself if you buy twice.

Buy the training gear--it'll save you a fair bit of money on repairs. Remember, when you're flying, you are flying the NOSE of the aircraft.

Oh, don't fly it into yourself. You will need medical care if you do.

GT
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 8:06:24 AM EDT
[#13]
"Can you do this?"

No, but I can do THIS!

Link Posted: 1/19/2006 8:12:15 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
"Can you do this?"

No, but I can do THIS!

Am slowly working my way towards a setup like that  lol

Aviator
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 8:18:47 AM EDT
[#15]
Beware!! Doing AP will rape you of every spare penny and second of time you have. In fact that's true for RC in general, but the heli's really suck up the money.

You may start with a Blade, but will end up with a Joker! lol
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 8:20:25 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Can you do this?

How the heck is that exactly done, the upside down part I mean?  The rotors stop and spin the other direction?
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 8:27:26 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Can you do this?

How the heck is that exactly done, the upside down part I mean?  The rotors stop and spin the other direction?

No, they simply reverse pitch.    turn your head 90 degrees and look at this \ and then this / is reversed. That's what the blades do.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 8:28:59 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Can you do this?

No, they simply reverse pitch.    turn your head 90 degrees and look at this \ and then this / is reversed. That's what the blades do.

Oh thanks.  That is pretty nifty.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top