Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/14/2006 11:50:30 AM EDT
I have the proper USB connectors. Did some Googling, but I'm not finding anything,...or I'm just missing it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 11:52:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Email them....it's the only way I have found.  I looked for almost a year.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 11:56:54 AM EDT
[#2]
You need the right software: Motorola Phone Tools is what I use with my Razr. I bought it right off Motorola's web site (instant download), I think it was 20 or 30 bucks. Then you can transfer whatever you want to and from your phone to computer.

Link Posted: 3/14/2006 11:57:34 AM EDT
[#3]
what kinda pics you gonna share with us
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 11:58:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 11:58:38 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Email them....it's the only way I have found.  I looked for almost a year.

That's what I use.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 12:00:50 PM EDT
[#6]
I tried to download something off of Cingulair's site that never worked.  No more pics than I take with my phone, emailing them is my best option.....that is, it costs me less to use.   I'll look into that software too.  Thanks hellraiser
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 12:00:59 PM EDT
[#7]
mobile phone tools...

30 bux, and not worth it, hell half the time it wont recognize when my phone is plugged in...  even PnP sees it...  but its that or email.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 12:02:48 PM EDT
[#8]
I just store them and save them to my tmobile album - from there I can download them to my desktop, or post 'em.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 12:03:50 PM EDT
[#9]
People pay money for Mobile Phone Tools?

Link Posted: 3/14/2006 12:07:00 PM EDT
[#10]
I just bought a usb cable for my e815 on ebay for like $6, comes with mobile phone tools cd. probably not legit but hey.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 12:12:16 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
mobile phone tools...

30 bux, and not worth it, hell half the time it wont recognize when my phone is plugged in...  even PnP sees it...  but its that or email.

It works perfect for me.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 12:19:35 PM EDT
[#12]
To add, the retail version (Motorola MPT) with updates works great for me. Before buying this from Motorola, I had tried a version that was on the torrents (which sucked and rarely worked) and some "free" version of MPT that was not from Motorola and did not even look anything like the official MPT from Motorola, of course it  didn't work. But I'm happy with the Motorola MPT, does everything it's supposed to for me.

Link Posted: 3/14/2006 12:36:48 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
You need the right software: Motorola Phone Tools

+1
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 1:41:31 PM EDT
[#14]
Bluetooth baby, bluetooth.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 1:43:18 PM EDT
[#15]
i have probs with it when i disconnect the phone then reconnect it... PnP sees the phone but the program wont pick it up...   maybe im just super impatient(i have been known to be)

and mine is a "real" version.  
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 1:46:18 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Even with bluetooth he still needs the MPT software.  If you want MPT (and anybody with a RAZR NEEDS it) type "mpt323.exe" or "motorola phone tools torrent" into your favorite search engine, and get it.  If you don't know what a torrent is or how to download one go to http://azureus.sourceforge.net/ and figure it out.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 1:48:49 PM EDT
[#17]
Wow.

My A900 Sprint phone has a cable that plugs into the phone and the USB port on my computer.
It finds the cell phone and then it finds the folder where the images are stored.
I can upload and download to my cell phone.

No special software, no installing any software to make it work.

Link Posted: 3/14/2006 1:50:42 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Even with bluetooth he still needs the MPT software.  If you want MPT (and anybody with a RAZR NEEDS it) type "mpt323.exe" or "motorola phone tools torrent" into your favorite search engine, and get it.  If you don't know what a torrent is or how to download one go to http://azureus.sourceforge.net/ and figure it out.

That blows.  Bluetooth transfers are no problem to and from my Mac.  No Motorola software needed.  Guess you need the software.  Try www.yescomusa.com for accessories.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 1:55:29 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That blows.  Bluetooth transfers are no problem to and from my Mac.  No Motorola software needed.  Guess you need the software.  Try www.yescomusa.com for accessories.

I might be full of shit about that then, I know the USB connection won't do jack (including charge the phone) unless MPT is installed, I figured BT would be the same.  Maybe I need to get a $10 BT thingy for my computer and find out.  
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 1:56:33 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Wow.

My A900 Sprint phone has a cable that plugs into the phone and the USB port on my computer.
It finds the cell phone and then it finds the folder where the images are stored.
I can upload and download to my cell phone.

No special software, no installing any software to make it work.

The RAZR uses USB to charge the phone, as well as transfer stuff to and from it, I think thats why it needs the drivers and software.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top