Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/25/2007 11:48:39 AM EDT
This organization studies the music from classic albums and then puts together musicians that will perform most like the original artist. They did a Led Zeppelin concert at Mohegan Sun a month or two ago and people said it was like attending an actual concert featuring Led Zeppelin.

I went to a concert put on by these guys on Friday night and they performed the first nine songs off "The Joshua Tree" followed by nine songs off "War." The encore was "I will Follow."

Let me say this: I didn't look at the performers for the first two songs so I could more objectively tell how well they sounded like the actual band U2 (I've been to numerous concerts and own much of their music on CDs). Their attempt to recreate ("note for note" in their own words) those songs originally performed by U2 was not only a resounding success, I couldn't tell the difference between the two. Before I looked at the musicians on the stage during song #3 ("With or Without You"), I could have sworn it was the real, live U2 performing.

If these guys (Classic Albums Live) perform near you, do yourself a favor and go see them.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 2:09:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Bump.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 2:25:54 PM EDT
[#2]
It would be cool, except I hate U2.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 2:31:18 PM EDT
[#3]
U2 sucks - plain and simple.  Fucking Euro-trash.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 2:36:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 10:59:15 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

amen.

i wouldn't go see the real U2 why in the hell would i pay to see a fake U2 concert

Who said I paid?

Link Posted: 2/26/2007 3:10:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 3:38:33 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Agreed
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 4:13:29 AM EDT
[#8]
If you are a gunowner, U2- and pretty much most pop music acts, with some exceptions- is not your friend.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top