Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/9/2010 7:59:43 AM EDT
Well, after looking at the other 87 threads on the Qur'an/Koran/Whatever burning, I though surely we could use another.

After all this talk, maybe there will be a terrorist attack, maybe we will have Interpol and the U.N. infiltrating to stop the madness, maybe this guy will set ablaze to about 4 copies of this book in front of even fewer people.

My question is this: Is there really any "risk" here? I mean, Gainesville is completely internationally irrelevant. I want to go to the game dammit. Wife is saying that it's a needless risk, especially considering this is not a game again LSU, Georgia, or FSU.

What say ye?

Thanks and Go Gators!
-Ed
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:00:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Go watch Skip Holtz.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:01:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Go but wear a Seminoles burka as a show of tolerance and acceptance of other cultures.

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:03:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Probably the safest game you could attend.

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:03:45 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm just glad that I'm flying out of FL before this guy does his thing.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:06:51 AM EDT
[#5]

I am NOT drinking any Turkish coffee this weekend.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:08:18 AM EDT
[#6]
Yeah, I am really interested to see how USF is doing under the new coach. Contrary to what most people think, many Florida fans want to see USF do well, albeit still lose to the Gators. USF is an up and coming program, and has really taken the reins over the other "second tier" Florida schools. I am really excited to have another quality program in the making in this state.

With the issue at hand...I am really just wondering what the consensus is about potentially getting caught, unarmed, in a small scale riot. I will have my gun in the truck when I'm tailgating, but that doesn't do shit if things go south during or after the game when this guy torches the holy book of the "Religion of Peace."

-Ed
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:08:40 AM EDT
[#7]
See this kind of shit is exactly why the burning was a stupid fucking
idea. it gives radical Islam more free attention and gets people worried
about repercussions.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:18:49 AM EDT
[#8]
The burning might be of poor taste, and against the general principles of Christianity, but this guy does have 1st Amendment rights as a citizen of this country.

I want to point out also that while I am trying to keep things low-key, I don't think the threat of repercussions has affected many people in the area. Realistically, if there was a crazed ROP riot we would end up with a whole pile of deceased ROPers in North Central Florida. I posted this to see what others thought about my wife's concerns. The game is sold out, so there are at least 90,000 people that aren't swayed by potential retaliation for this stunt.

My opinion is that I should go to the game, carry a non-metallic weapon, and cheer on my team. Wife thinks we should go to a bar in Ocala and go to the next home game.

-Ed
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:47:25 AM EDT
[#9]
Just go and have a good time.  People are blowing this way out of proportion.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 9:00:22 AM EDT
[#10]
Don't let those fuckers affect any thing you do or want to do.

Not talking about the Koran burners.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top