Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 6/25/2001 6:40:42 PM EDT
Was looking in a new book I got today ( THE BEST Quote's )  and I am not impressed.. I would like to see what you guys got...
Link Posted: 6/25/2001 6:44:06 PM EDT
[#1]
I did not give you mine

"The only thing nenessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
      ~Marlene Dietrich (1901-1992)
Link Posted: 6/25/2001 6:44:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Anything you live through that does not kill you, makes you stronger.

Aviator [img]www.dredgeearthfirst.com/aviator.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 6/25/2001 6:47:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Out of all the thing I've lost, I miss my mind the most.

-Ozzy Ozborne-

I see said the blind man

-Bruce Lee-

I'm all for the ATF
A lcohol
T itties
F irearms

-Me-
Link Posted: 6/25/2001 6:50:07 PM EDT
[#4]
"Savor Kindess because cruelity is always possible later"

-Bruce Lee-

Link Posted: 6/25/2001 6:52:49 PM EDT
[#5]
I was sitting in a concrete baseball field in New Prague Minnestoa on a blazing hot day but the concrete was cool and there was a festival going on, but I was all by myself-
The ticket taker kept selling the children snakes instead of tickets, but he really wasnt there because I was all by myself
Link Posted: 6/25/2001 6:54:06 PM EDT
[#6]
I never give them hell; I just tell them the truth and they think it is hell.

--Harry S. Truman

Brought to you by:

[red]Evil-Beagles[/red]
Link Posted: 6/25/2001 6:58:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Here's a link to a huge list:

[url]www.best.com/~davep/quotes.html[/url]

"The more things change, the more they suck."        
                              - Butthead

"Germans who wish to use firearms should join the SS or the SA ordinary citizens don't
need guns, as their having guns doesn't serve the State."                            
                         - Heinrich Himmler

Link Posted: 6/25/2001 6:58:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I was sitting in a concrete baseball field in New Prague Minnestoa on a blazing hot day but the concrete was cool and there was a festival going on, but I was all by myself-
The ticket taker kept selling the children snakes instead of tickets, but he really wasnt there because I was all by myself
View Quote

"Slipping into madness is good for the sake of Comparison"
   -McUZI-
Link Posted: 6/25/2001 7:00:57 PM EDT
[#9]
"See'n how I'm a kajillionaire and I like doin' it, I cut their grass for free"
Forrest Gump
Link Posted: 6/25/2001 7:10:23 PM EDT
[#10]
lordtrader, you didn't finish it...

"i see said the blind man to his deaf wife as he picked up a hammer and saw."
Link Posted: 6/25/2001 7:10:47 PM EDT
[#11]
"There's no justice like Angry Mob justice"
-Me, [brown]Evil Jewbroni~[/brown]
Link Posted: 6/25/2001 7:16:52 PM EDT
[#12]
"Be responsible for your behavior and accountable for your actions." The world would be a better place if more people followed this advise, simply  because they would self-regulate and not blame others for their issues.
Link Posted: 6/25/2001 7:20:26 PM EDT
[#13]
"...the rank and file are usually much more primitive than we imagine. Propaganda must therefore always be essentially simple and repetitious."
-Joseph Goebbels

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity"
-Sigmund Freud , "General Introduction to Psychoanalysis"

AND MY FAVORITE QUOTE:

"Where 'de white women at?"
-Cleavon Little as Sheriff Bart, said to a pack of KKK members, in "Blazing Saddles".

madkiwi
Link Posted: 6/25/2001 7:22:01 PM EDT
[#14]
See you in hell, dinner plate!
- Homer Simpson
Link Posted: 6/25/2001 7:25:20 PM EDT
[#15]
it's the wise man, who learns from his own mistakes.
but it's the wiser man who lets the rattlesnake bite the other fellow. -mark twain

wine (beer), is god's way of telling us he loves us, and want's us to be happy. -ben franklin

guns don't kill people!... PHYSICS kills people! -prof. dick solomon
Link Posted: 6/25/2001 7:25:24 PM EDT
[#16]
The trees look like crucified thieves...
Warren Zevon

"Barefoot girl sitting on the hood of a Dodge,
drinking warm beer in the soft summer rain"
Bruce Springsteen
Link Posted: 6/25/2001 7:28:14 PM EDT
[#17]
DOH!

-Homer Simpson- (now forever immortalized in the Oxford dictionary)
Link Posted: 6/25/2001 7:30:00 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 6/25/2001 7:41:00 PM EDT
[#19]
I can't remember the exact wording of my favorite quote, and I can't remember who said it, but it goes something like:

"People can't be given freedom, it is something they have to take for themsleves."
Link Posted: 6/25/2001 8:13:02 PM EDT
[#20]
Justice is incidental to Law and Order-J Edgar Hoover.

Beware the fury of the patient man--unknown, but appears in beginning of Clancy's Without Remorse.

In response to a report that the enemies' archers were so numerous that their arrows darkened the sun, Dienices the Spartan replied:  "So much the better:  we shall fight in the shade."  Same battle resulted in MOLON LABE.
Link Posted: 6/25/2001 8:19:12 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 6/25/2001 8:23:57 PM EDT
[#22]

"The fact is that the average man's love of liberty is nine-tenths imaginary, exactly like his love of sense, justice and truth. He is not actually happy when free; he is uncomfortable, a bit alarmed, and intolerably lonely. Liberty is not a thing for the great masses of men. It is the exclusive possession of a small and disreputable minority, like knowledge, courage and honor. It takes a special sort of man to understand and enjoy liberty -- and he is usually an outlaw in democratic societies."--H.L. Mencken, February 12, 1923, Baltimore Evening Sun
Link Posted: 6/25/2001 8:26:22 PM EDT
[#23]
Like the monkey said when he caught his tail in the mower.... it won't be long now!

Fred Ames
My Grandpa
Link Posted: 6/25/2001 8:30:09 PM EDT
[#24]
"Comrades! We must abolish the cult of the individual decisively, once and for all." (Nikita Khrushchev , February 25, 1956 20th Congress of the Communist Party)

"All our lives we fought against exalting the individual, against the elevation of the single person, and long ago we were over and done with the business of a hero, and here it comes up again: the glorification of one personality. This is not good at all." (Vladimir Lenin, as quoted in "Not by Politics Alone.)

We must stop thinking of the individual and start thinking about what is best for society." (Hillary Clinton, 1993)

"We can't be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans..." (President Bill Clinton, USA Today, March 11, 1993, Page 2A)

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." (Ayn Rand)
Link Posted: 6/25/2001 8:32:13 PM EDT
[#25]
Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity.  
-Woodrow Wilson, U.S. President (I think; I don't remember exactly who this quote is from.  This quote does however, frequently come to mind when reading some of the posts on this site.)

If you are afraid of being lonely, don't try to be right. -Jules Renard,writer (1864-1910)

Every saint has a past and every sinner a future. -Oscar Wilde, writer
(1854-1900)

If you are lucky enough to have lived in Paris as a young man, then wherever you go for the rest of your life it stays with you, for Paris is a moveable feast. - Ernest Hemingway

Link Posted: 6/25/2001 8:35:00 PM EDT
[#26]
"Yes, we did produce a near perfect Republic. But will they keep it, or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the surest way to destruction."
- Thomas Jefferson

"You will never know how much it cost to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it."
- John Quincy Adams

"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of his country; but he that stands now deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as Freedom should not be highly rated."
- Thomas Paine, The Crisis , December 23, 1776

"If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen."
- Samuel Adams

"What country can preserve its liberties of their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms... What signify a few lives lost in a century or two? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time wiht the blood of patriots and tyrants."
- Thomas Jefferson, Papers] , November 13, 1787

"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without bloodshed; if you will not fight when your victory will be sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may be even a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves."
- Winston Churchill

Sorry so many...I just love good quotes!

Link Posted: 6/25/2001 9:09:30 PM EDT
[#27]
those whom the gods wish to humble, they first make arrogant.- ancient greek saying.

well isn't that just a wiz-bang?!- my granny
Link Posted: 6/25/2001 9:25:21 PM EDT
[#28]
"It is better to die on one's feet than to live a lifetime on one's knees." --Emiliano Zapata

"If you do not know a thing, to say you know nothing is knowlegde." --Confucious
Link Posted: 6/25/2001 9:48:01 PM EDT
[#29]
"Now men, we have two rules here in the rock. The first rule is OBEY ALL RULES...the second rule is no writing on the walls".  Barney Fife

"Andy...can I put my bullet in my gun?" Barney Fife

"Andy, you gave me a bent badge." Gomer Pyle

"Gomer! get that gun out of your mouth" Andy G.

"Judy!Judy!Judy!" Goober

"Andy, you stop that man...that man kill Barney!" Barney's karate instructor

"Dad, the bird cage looks mighty empty" (Opey)
"Yeah son but don't the trees look mighty full" (Andy)
Link Posted: 6/25/2001 9:51:02 PM EDT
[#30]
"If it has tits or tires it's gonna cost you a lot of money".

anonymous
Link Posted: 6/25/2001 9:53:44 PM EDT
[#31]
Spoken by my lifelong friend while we were young and easily influenced (most likely UNDER the influence at the time)---

[b][red]"I looked at my watch to see what time it was, but, I forgot what time I looked at my watch..."[/red][/b]
Link Posted: 6/25/2001 9:54:12 PM EDT
[#32]
Outside of a dog, a man's best friend is a book.  
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.
Groucho Marx - The master!
Link Posted: 6/25/2001 9:57:01 PM EDT
[#33]
"Show me a hero and I'll show you a bum"

Audie Murphy
(On how they build you up just to tare you down)
Link Posted: 6/25/2001 10:07:42 PM EDT
[#34]
The more cynical I get, the harder it is to keep up-

Lily Tomlin (quoted from memory with apologies)

I'm a placebo addict-

From a collection my former english teacher gathered each year in high school.
Link Posted: 6/25/2001 11:02:46 PM EDT
[#35]
Like I tell my friends when they say their wife won't let them buy any more toys. ( It's much easier to get forgiveness than it is to get permission!)
Link Posted: 6/25/2001 11:19:01 PM EDT
[#36]
"We are fighting for three lines in the history books"
Adolf Liebeskind.  Leader of Jewish Fighting Organization, Cracow.
Link Posted: 6/25/2001 11:50:46 PM EDT
[#37]
Work: The curse of the drinking class.
-Oscar Wilde

A man's character is his fate.  
-Heraclitus
Link Posted: 6/26/2001 12:20:53 AM EDT
[#38]
You must be a Liberal IF....

You think the ACLU is good for defending the First, Fourth and Tenth Ammendments in the Bill of Rights...

And the NRA is Bad for defending the Second Ammendment..
Link Posted: 6/26/2001 12:21:33 AM EDT
[#39]
"Lord!  What fools these mortals be!"
Puck, in Midsummer Night's Dream
Link Posted: 6/26/2001 1:34:47 AM EDT
[#40]
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." --- Sigmund Freud, General Introduction to Psychoanalysis (1952)

my favorite one
Link Posted: 6/26/2001 1:45:01 AM EDT
[#41]
"When in doubt, GAS IT!" - Super Hunky
Link Posted: 6/26/2001 6:54:56 AM EDT
[#42]
"Put any ten people in a room, they may not elect a leader, but I guarantee they'll pick someone to hate."
  - Larson Crockett -
Link Posted: 6/26/2001 7:03:58 AM EDT
[#43]
Two great quotes:

The most difficult struggle of all is the one within ourselves. Let us not get accustomed and adjusted to these conditions. The one who adjusts ceases to discriminate between good and evil. He becomes a slave in body and soul. Whatever may happen to you, remember always: Don't adjust! Revolt against the reality!
   Mordechai Anielewicz
   Warsaw, 1943

And what country can preserve its liberties, if its rulers are not warned from time to time that the people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms....The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
   Thomas Jefferson, Third President of the United States
   From his letter to William S. Smith, 1787
Link Posted: 6/26/2001 7:25:33 AM EDT
[#44]
I like all of the ones already posted.  Here are two I haven't seen very often:

"To be civilized is to restrain the ability to commit mayhem.  To be incapable of committing mayhem is not the mark of the civilized,
merely the domesticated."  Trefor Thomas

"The Constitution may not be the greatest work ever set to paper, but it beats what the government is using now."  Anonymous

[sniper]

Link Posted: 6/26/2001 7:40:44 AM EDT
[#45]
"If you have an argument with someone, walk a mile in their shoes.

Then you will be a mile away from them, and you will have their shoes."

--Unknown

"Gun control - protecting hard-working criminals from work-related injuries."

--garandman
Link Posted: 6/26/2001 7:45:57 AM EDT
[#46]
"The Bigger they are, the Harder they fall."
Link Posted: 6/26/2001 7:50:11 AM EDT
[#47]
"The only sho money is Ho money"
Chicago pimp on Springer Show...
Link Posted: 6/26/2001 8:01:04 AM EDT
[#48]
[b]"A man has got to know his limitations"[/b]
--Clint Eastwood

[b]"Aren't I destroying my enemies when I make friends of them?"[/b]
--Abraham Lincoln

[b]"You wanna super size it?"[/b]
--McDonalds employees

[b]"I don't own any guns!" [;)][/b]
--Me

[b]-RoadDog[/b]
 [img]http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/Gif/scooby1.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 6/26/2001 8:30:57 AM EDT
[#49]
I don't know the exact quote, but it's the thought that counts.

[b]In a Democracy, 2 wolves and a lamb vote on what to have for dinner....

In a Free Country, the lamb is well armed.[/b]

Link Posted: 6/26/2001 8:37:04 AM EDT
[#50]
[b][red]"Strange game; the only winning move is not to play..."[/red][/b]

The Computer in the movie "WAR GAMES".
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top