Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 3/20/2006 1:49:43 PM EDT
I was given a take-home quiz with random questions. I was told to use any means to finish the quiz and I had to score at least 70% to pass. Most are about bands I couldn't care less about. Here are the questions I didn't know or wasn't sure about. Good luck hivemind!

Name two bands that The Mars Volta frontman Cedric Bixler Zavala was in before The Mars Volta.

What were the names of Christian Bale's character in the musical Newsies?

In the Sonic the Hedgehog video game series, what is Tails' full name?

What is Pearl Jam's frontman/guitarist Eddie Vedder's birth name?

What country does the Dreamcast game Shenmue take place in? Shenmue 2?

What is the second note in the A Major scale?

Who won the 1993 WWF Royal Rumble?

Describe the concept of Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon. What movie does the album synch up with? I've been told it syncs up with The Wizard of Oz.

Who provided the voice for Sonic in the Sonic the Hedgehog series?

What is outside of every In-n-Out fast food restaurant?

There are 119 teams in Division 1-A college football. Of the 119, 5 of the schools do not have the word "university" in their school name. Who are these five?

What team was Dirk Nowitzki drafted by? I don't even know the sport.

What does the "D" stand for in the name of the comedic duo/band Tenacious D?

The Temple of the Dog song "Say Hello to Heaven" is about who, and what band was he/she in?

In the Pearl Jam song "Release" what phrase is mumbled barely audible during the first few seconds?

How many members are in Ben Folds Five? I assume that's another band.

Where did the band At the Drive-in get their name?

On the At the Drive-in album Acrobatic Tenement, what instrument did Omar Rodriguez play?

What major motion picture was Dave Chappelle asked to play in, but turned down and has regretted ever since?

In the movie Garden State, the book Brave New World is mentioned. Who is the actual author Aldous Huxley, duh and what is the incorrect name that one of the characters supplies as the author's name?

Who hosted Saturday Night Live when Rage Against the Machine performed their infamous banned performance?

What university does The Mars Volta's Cedric Bixler Zavala's father teach at?

Pearl Jam frontman/guitarist Eddie Vedder used to have what band's name on his shoe during concerts?

In hold 'em style poker, how rare is a royal flush?

The plural form of "opus" is what?

What was Nirvana's Nevermind originally going to be titled?

What is the last line in the movie Uncle Buck?

In the NHL, who is known as the "Russian Rocket"?

What was Pearl Jam's original name?

Which Pearl Jam album was originally released on vinyl before CD?

Explosions in the Sky provided most of the soundtrack to what movie?

Four Seinfeld episode titles do not start with the word "The". What are they? (hint: the first episode is one of the answers).

The Seinfeld series begins and ends with the same conversation. What is it about?

In the Dreamcast game Ready 2 Rumble Boxing, how much reach does the boxer Kemo Claw have?

True or false: Jack Nicholson ad-libbed the line "Here's Johnny!" in the movie The Shining.

What two universities did Oakland Raiders wide receiver Randy Moss go to before Marshall University?

What is the At the Drive-in song Invalid Litter Dept. about?

What 1992 movie were members of Pearl Jam, SOundgarden, and Alice in Chains in? Who directed it?

What was the date of the Sega Dreamcast release in America?

Give the two definitions of The Marfa Lights.

WWF wrestler Bob Backlund has held the WWF title 4 times. Who did he beat in the 1994 Survivor Series to win the title and who did he lose it to 3 days later and how long was that match?

What Sega CD game is often said to be the reason that video games now have the ESRB rating system?
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 2:59:12 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Swindle1984:

Pavel Bure
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 3:07:13 PM EDT

Opii, if I recall my Latin correctly.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 3:17:50 PM EDT
Royal Rumble won by Yokozuna
link
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 3:18:00 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 3:22:40 PM EDT

I was given a take-home quiz with random questions. I was told to use any means to finish the quiz and I had to score at least 70% to pass. Most are about bands I couldn't care less about. Here are the questions I didn't know or wasn't sure about. Good luck hivemind!

Name two bands that The Mars Volta frontman Cedric Bixler Zavala was in before The Mars Volta.

What were the names of Christian Bale's character in the musical Newsies? Jack 'Cowboy' Kelly

In the Sonic the Hedgehog video game series, what is Tails' full name? Miles Tails Prower

What country does the Dreamcast game Shenmue take place in? Japan Shenmue 2? Hong Kong

What is the second note in the A Major scale?

Who won the 1993 WWF Royal Rumble?

Describe the concept of Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon. What movie does the album synch up with? I've been told it syncs up with The Wizard of Oz.

Who provided the voice for Sonic in the Sonic the Hedgehog series?

There are 119 teams in Division 1-A college football. Of the 119, 5 of the schools do not have the word "university" in their school name. Who are these five?

What team was Dirk Nowitzki drafted by? I don't even know the sport.

The Temple of the Dog song "Say Hello to Heaven" is about who, and what band was he/she in?

In the Pearl Jam song "Release" what phrase is mumbled barely audible during the first few seconds?

How many members are in Ben Folds Five? I assume that's another band.

Where did the band At the Drive-in get their name?

On the At the Drive-in album Acrobatic Tenement, what instrument did Omar Rodriguez play?

What major motion picture was Dave Chappelle asked to play in, but turned down and has regretted ever since?

In the movie Garden State, the book Brave New World is mentioned. Who is the actual author Aldous Huxley, duh and what is the incorrect name that one of the characters supplies as the author's name?

Who hosted Saturday Night Live when Rage Against the Machine performed their infamous banned performance?

What university does The Mars Volta's Cedric Bixler Zavala's father teach at?

Pearl Jam frontman/guitarist Eddie Vedder used to have what band's name on his shoe during concerts?

What was Nirvana's Nevermind originally going to be titled?

What is the last line in the movie Uncle Buck?

What was Pearl Jam's original name?

Which Pearl Jam album was originally released on vinyl before CD?

Explosions in the Sky provided most of the soundtrack to what movie?

Four Seinfeld episode titles do not start with the word "The". What are they? (hint: the first episode is one of the answers).

The Seinfeld series begins and ends with the same conversation. What is it about?

In the Dreamcast game Ready 2 Rumble Boxing, how much reach does the boxer Kemo Claw have?

True or false: Jack Nicholson ad-libbed the line "Here's Johnny!" in the movie The Shining.

What two universities did Oakland Raiders wide receiver Randy Moss go to before Marshall University?

What is the At the Drive-in song Invalid Litter Dept. about?

What 1992 movie were members of Pearl Jam, SOundgarden, and Alice in Chains in? Who directed it?

What was the date of the Sega Dreamcast release in America? I think 9-09-99

Give the two definitions of The Marfa Lights.

WWF wrestler Bob Backlund has held the WWF title 4 times. Who did he beat in the 1994 Survivor Series to win the title and who did he lose it to 3 days later and how long was that match?

What Sega CD game is often said to be the reason that video games now have the ESRB rating system?

Link Posted: 3/20/2006 3:39:15 PM EDT

What was the date of the Sega Dreamcast release in America? I think 9-09-99

9-09-99
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 3:45:40 PM EDT

Title, Singles
Director, Cameron Crowe
Link
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 3:50:05 PM EDT
United States Military Acadamy (West Point or just Army)
United States Naval Academy
Boston College
Georgia Institute of Technology
Providence College
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 3:50:21 PM EDT

Edward Louis Severson III
link
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 3:58:02 PM EDT
I am sure there are many well educated people who have a perfectly happy existence without knowing any of that trivia...the teacher giving you the test has a problem with the meaning of life.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 4:09:45 PM EDT

Royal Flush 1 Chance In 649,739 Hands Dealt
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 4:11:40 PM EDT
Defense

Link Posted: 3/20/2006 4:11:54 PM EDT

I think it was Mortal Combat but I thought it was for another system.......
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 4:14:14 PM EDT
Have you heard about Google yet?
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 4:27:29 PM EDT
Pearl Jam's original name was supposed to be Mookie Blaylock
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 4:31:32 PM EDT

win,Bret Hart
lose,Diesel (Kevin Nash)

link
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 4:31:33 PM EDT
What team was Dirk Nowitzki drafted by? Milwaukee Bucks

Most of these can easily be found w/ google
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 4:32:24 PM EDT
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0081505/trivia

Nicholson ad-libbed the line "Here's Johnny!" in imitation of announcer Ed McMahon's famous introduction of Johnny Carson on U.S. network NBC-TV's long running late night television program, "The Tonight Show." Carson once used the clip of Nicholson as the introduction to one of his annual anniversary specials.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 4:35:23 PM EDT

True

Link
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 4:40:33 PM EDT
Pearl Jam's third album, Vitalogy, was released in 1994, with a vinyl version released two weeks before the CD and cassette versions.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 4:42:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/20/2006 4:43:16 PM EDT by gardenWeasel]
Trying out for Jeopardy?
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 4:47:18 PM EDT
Chappelle turned down the role of Bubba in the 1994 movie Forrest Gump, thinking the movie would be a box office bust, and has since admitted to deeply regretting it.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 4:55:19 PM EDT

What were the names of Christian Bale's character in the musical Newsies?

Jack 'Cowboy' Kelly
link
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 5:06:13 PM EDT
Whats this test for?

School or some secret underground club?

Travis
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 5:06:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/20/2006 5:07:57 PM EDT by dvr9]

In the NHL, who is known as the "Russian Rocket"?Pavel Bure

Link Posted: 3/20/2006 5:06:45 PM EDT

In 1996, Rage Against the Machine performed "Bulls on Parade" on Saturday Night Live, hanging inverted American flags from their amplifiers in protest of Steve Forbes, who was the host that night. However, the stage crew took the flags off, and cut them down to only one song instead of the normal two.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 5:08:51 PM EDT

Fugazi, and it was on Kurt Cobains shoe

Kurt actually wrote "Fuhgawz" on his shoe, Its a reference to the band Fugazi. Its speculated that Eddie Vedder from Pearl Jam once misspelled the bands name purposely, ( as Kurt wrote on on his shoe) as a joke against Eddie

link
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 5:40:18 PM EDT

The Temple of the Dog song "Say Hello to Heaven" is about who, and what band was he/she in? Andrew Wood, Mother Love Bone.

In the Pearl Jam song "Release" what phrase is mumbled barely audible during the first few seconds?I dunno, I just listened to the song really loud with headphones on, and I can't decipher it.

How many members are in Ben Folds Five? I assume that's another band. 3

The plural form of "opus" is what?Opera or opuses depending on who you ask

What Sega CD game is often said to be the reason that video games now have the ESRB rating system?Mortal Kombat back in '93, it was the first game ever to receive an MA-17 rating. The ESRB back then was known as the "Videogames Rating Council." I'm a video game g33k.

Link Posted: 3/20/2006 6:05:07 PM EDT

Palm Trees.

mmmm INO.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 6:21:32 PM EDT

Originally Posted By JustinOK34:

Palm Trees.

mmmm INO.

The palm trees in an "X" or "W" is not in front of all the stores. (But is in front of many).

Another possible answer is an 'outdoor dining area?' (Don't seem to recall one in the Rengsdorff one though)

NTM
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 6:49:06 PM EDT
I think the seinfeld episodes began and ended with a conversation about the buttons on the front of a shirt.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 6:24:35 AM EDT

Originally Posted By mef223:
I think the seinfeld episodes began and ended with a conversation about the buttons on the front of a shirt.

I caught part of the last episode when someone was watching it air for the first time. I thought they were talking about ideas for making the tv show- Seinfeld.
Top Top