Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/28/2001 7:59:05 AM EST
Can anyone recommend a good quickly removable cheekpiece for a fixed stock A2? I have the old delta style that is screwed on, but removing it quickly is a PITA especially without tools. I seem to remember seeing something about a "Cherokee cheekpiece" that was advertised or up for product review on the main page, but it doesn't seem to be there anymore. Maybe they could send me a free one in exchange for a product review (hint,hint) ;)
Link Posted: 2/28/2001 11:00:48 AM EST
The advertised cheekpieces can be found at http://www.cheekpieces.com/ Nuckles.
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 6:17:46 PM EST
I currently have a carry handle scoped AR. Is the cheekpice a good idea, or just a cool looking accesory? (I used to know how to spell, but auto spell check ruined me)
Link Posted: 3/30/2001 3:14:01 PM EST
Damn dude, digging deep through these threads aren't you! Yeah, if you shoot a scoped AR with a fixed A1 or A2 style carry handle you'll need a cheekpiece to raise your head up high enough to see properly through the scope. The positives: You get a good cheek weld and better accuracy. Comfort, no straining to see through the scope. THe downside: very hard to use your iron sights w/o either removing the cheekpiece or squashing your head into the piece. Hence my desire for a QD cheekpiece.
Top Top