Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/28/2006 4:10:03 PM EDT
Want to reload 10mm...No other caliber... What are the bare bones necessities to do this.. Equipment wise..
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 4:12:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Dillon square deal B

great little setup for doing pistol calibers
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 4:15:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks... Ill check it....

ETA: Cool.... That might be the deal... LeeLoader has this handheld all in one device for 1 caliber.. Can it be had in 10mm?

I could watch TV and handload...
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 4:15:21 PM EDT
[#3]
A ditto for the Square Deal.
You will NEED a scale too.

DanM
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 4:16:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Do you want to go progressive or just the absolute bare essentials?

If you want progressive the Dillon is an excellent choice.  Lee also makes some decent stuff for pistol caliber cartridges.

On the very low end though, you could survive with a LEE hand press, a set of carbide dies, a set of LEE powder scoops, and an auto-prime tool.  It would be slow, but not THAT bad.  I have a hand press and it's acually easy to reload more often cause you can do some of the more menial tasks, such as resizing or expanding case mouths, priming, etc., while you watch TV.

Definitely go with carbide dies though.  If you never load anything else but 10mm you will never have to learn about the joys of lubing cases!

ETA:  everything you'd need for the hand press setup would probably run you under $50.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 4:28:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Get a press that will allow you to load any caliber just by changing the dies. Why be limmited? We use an RCBS Rockchucker. Reasonably priced and will work for any caliber.

Link Posted: 1/28/2006 4:33:02 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Get a press that will allow you to load any caliber just by changing the dies. Why be limmited? We use an RCBS Rockchucker. Reasonably priced and will work for any caliber.

The hand press WILL accept 7/8-14 dies, and will load almost anything you are strong enough to run through it.  10mm is very easy to resize in one though.  Don't worry.

It also makes a great second press for doing mundane tasks in front of the tube with after you have moved on to a Rock Chucker or other good bench-mounted press for the heavy work!
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 4:36:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Dont we have a reloading forum here??

Great googly moogley we do!!
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 4:38:55 PM EDT
[#8]
This is general discussion, so why is his posting in here a problem?  Why are we constantly blessed by the constant vigilance of the topic police?

I'm not trying to flame you, but it gets old to see someone constantly being referred to another forum when this one is specifically OPEN DISCUSSION.

My hunch is a lot of guys post in here because there is a lot of traffic and the odds of getting a reply quickly are much better.

I would also complain about the DUPE nazis and how non-team members can't easily search for an earlier thread on the same subject, but I'm already in danger of completely hijacking this thread as it is...

Start with the hand press and move on to the Dillon or something like the rock chucker later on as your skill grow and you are sure of your devotion to the hobby.  It's a cheap way to find out if you like it.  IM me and I will even make you a shopping list for a good starter set up if you'd like.  I've been reloading for over 20 years and know a lot about what to avoid and how to do it cheap!
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 4:41:08 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Dont we have a reloading forum here??

Great googly moogley we do!!

Like I said, Quick question, more traffic on GD... I got what I need..

Thanks for the tip on the reloading forum. Terribly sorry if I wasted a bit of bandwidth in this forum.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 12:44:48 AM EDT
[#10]
Don't forget a scale.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 5:20:56 AM EDT
[#11]
I have a lee handpress,havnt used it for years but you can load quality ammo with it.You can pick up a package from midway usa that includes dies for about $50 IIRC.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 8:06:37 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I have a lee handpress,havnt used it for years but you can load quality ammo with it.You can pick up a package from midway usa that includes dies for about $50 IIRC.

It is the bare min. works well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top