Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page General » SCUBA
Site Notices
Posted: 8/21/2015 7:07:27 PM EDT
Are the new Scubapro Jet Fins (not the Twin Jet) the same as the original? Just as good?

I have size 10.5- size 11 feet. If I wear booties would I need size XL fins or would large fit better?
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 7:28:25 PM EDT
[#1]

I found a size chart on Leisure Pro. It looks like I need XL.
Link Posted: 8/22/2015 8:55:52 AM EDT
[#2]
They're just as good as they ever were.
I have a pair I use in the springs.
Link Posted: 8/22/2015 6:39:33 PM EDT
[#3]
I think so.  I like my new pair of Jets a lot.

By new, I mean I bought then new in 1996.

Get the spring straps.
Link Posted: 8/23/2015 2:04:52 AM EDT
[#4]
I had some of the old ones. Wish I hadn't sold them. They were around when I got certified- in 1969.
Link Posted: 8/23/2015 2:10:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I had some of the old ones. Wish I hadn't sold them. They were around when I got certified- in 1969.
View Quote

Yeah, I'm old too. I started diving with dad in '68 when I was 10. I remember it being so cool when we got regulators with a single hose.
We had Rocket fins in the '70s. From what I have been reading the Jet fins are a lot better. I need some good fins for Cozumel/Belize/Roatan in January. The Rockets I still have are good enough for the lakes around here but I want a little more performance for currents and if I get i to tech diving.
Link Posted: 8/23/2015 9:14:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Can you tell the difference between Jets and Rockets while diving?

Link Posted: 8/24/2015 6:57:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Can you tell the difference between Jets and Rockets while diving?

View Quote

YES! Jet fins flex more and give more propulsion with each kick; Rocket fins are stiff and your flutter kick needs to near perfect for them to work right.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 11:51:03 PM EDT
[#8]

I won an auction for a pair of Jet fins with spring heel straps. They should be here in time to try them on the Labor Day holiday weekend.
Page General » SCUBA
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top