Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/16/2002 6:03:51 AM EDT
I found a notice on my car this morning from a towing company threatening to tow my car because of an expired registration tag.  Can they do that?
Link Posted: 4/16/2002 6:12:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Check your rental agreement - they probably can.
Link Posted: 4/16/2002 6:17:03 AM EDT
[#2]
It could happen.  Your lease probably says something to the effect that any non-driveable cars (on blocks, etc.) will be towed.  Rustbuckets included.  Probably in the same area were it says that you cannot work on your car in the parking lot.

Since your registration is expired, you technically wouldn't be driving it around - making it a derelict, and therefore pertaining to the above stipulation in your lease.

Read your lease first; there should be some explanation in there.

the_reject
Link Posted: 4/16/2002 6:25:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Like the Reject says, they CAN tow your car.   I had a warning on my truck like that about a year ago... when my inspection was about a year overdue... hehehe.
Link Posted: 4/16/2002 6:56:44 AM EDT
[#4]
well crap....it is in the lease.  Guess I'd better take care of this then.  

thanks guys
Link Posted: 4/16/2002 7:04:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
well crap....it is in the lease.  Guess I'd better take care of this then.  

thanks guys
View Quote

Well, you don't HAVE to...  I mean, if your car is a POS, they could actually be doing you a favor...  [;)]

Hope it works out...

the_reject
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top