Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/1/2009 9:16:43 PM EDT
I had recieved an MIP and went into court and was put on 6 months under advisement. Me and my friend got arraigned at the same time. The 6 months have passed and my friend received a letter saying he basically a free man congrats staying clean. This week i receive a court order for me to show up to court. I havent even received a ticket. Why am I going back to court??
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 9:17:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Because the Michigan MIP system is fucked up and worthless
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 9:20:45 PM EDT
[#2]
well the question is why do i have to go to court. I called and they said its a reveiw over my case. Im thinking to myself.. What.. Why?. I havent done anything in the passed 6months. Neither has my friend. He recieved a letter saying hes good to go. I receive one that says come to court or we arrest you for contempt.
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 9:30:37 PM EDT
[#3]
bump for possible answers
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 9:32:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

civil war. DAVE a can suck it
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 9:33:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Well, go to court and find out!

(Sorry, I know that was worthless.  I don't even know what MIP is, although I can take a rough guess.)
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 9:33:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Try the Michigan forum under Hometowns.
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 9:35:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Try the Michigan forum under Hometowns.

Hoping to catch somebody here since theirs alot more traffic here than my forum.
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 9:40:04 PM EDT
[#8]
just because you were arraigned at the same time, and your friend already received a letter doesn't mean anything.  his case is separate from yours and you should not expect the same results in the same time-frame. good luck.
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 9:45:47 PM EDT
[#9]
well. Its a nice theory but. If person a and person b get arraigned together. Get the same exact charge at the same exact second. Follow the rules to the T exactly the same. But person B gets called back to court. It doesnt add up.
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 9:48:08 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

well. Its a nice theory but. If person a and person b get arraigned together. Get the same exact charge at the same exact second. Follow the rules to the T exactly the same. But person B gets called back to court. It doesnt add up.

Maybe it's a selective thing... hope you didn't use any drugs recently.  I wouldn't be suprised if they made you do a piss test before declaring yout good to go
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 9:52:06 PM EDT
[#11]
No drugs. Nothing. Although. Come to think of it. I was pulled over during the slotted time. No ticket was issued. (Suspicious whitey) driving from the D in a nice car. They let me go with a verbal warning of dont speed. When I was doing 38 in a 40 I know this cause I paid attention to my speed since I drove next to him for 2 miles.
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 9:55:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

welcome to the legal system.  rarely do things "add up" - as you are learning.  if you have complied with the judge's orders you shouldn't be worried.
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 9:55:47 PM EDT
[#13]
Im not really sweating it too much. I just dont understand the reasoning behind it.

That is why I am semi freaking out.
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 10:02:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Well, you've gotta show up no matter what, you know that you've not done anything else wrong - don't sweat it.  I know, easier said than done.  Who know's maybe someone was just PMS'ing the day they sent your notice to appear.
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 10:08:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Well, you've gotta show up no matter what, you know that you've not done anything else wrong - don't sweat it.  I know, easier said than done.  Who know's maybe someone was just PMS'ing the day they sent your notice to appear.

This is what I am hoping.
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 10:11:11 PM EDT
[#16]
Why does a murderer and rapist get 5 to 10 years ,  while a bank robber gets life?????  (cause the robber is messing with the man???)     Doesn't make any sense,  just like the rest of the system.

Just go and find out,  it's the only way you will know.  
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 10:13:53 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Why does a murderer and rapist get 5 to 10 years ,  while a bank robber gets life?????  (cause the robber is messing with the man???)     Doesn't make any sense,  just like the rest of the system.

Month away. Wont be for a long time. Meanwhile I'll be speculating .
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 10:16:31 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Plea bargins. Surely, a murder or a rapist being away for 5 to 10 beats them getting acquitted, right?
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 10:31:39 PM EDT
[#19]
MI LEO here, to better answer your question I have questions for you;

1) What court (48th, 52-1st, Lansing/other college town)?

2) Were you in front of a magistrate or judge?

3) Circumstances & BAC?? If ya don't want to post, IM me (if you even want to do that)

4) (Possible answer), because of maybe the circumstances surrounding the incident, you may be being called back for scheduled court ordered piss and or PBTs through "Jams".

5) Which leads to this question. Same attorney as your buddy, or court appointed?

6) You may be "clear" as to MIP chores, or as you thought, but "clear" as far as a MIP goes, doe NOT pertain to your driving record. That'll show up on our end (MDCs/computers) for a looooong time to come.
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 11:14:30 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
MI LEO here, to better answer your question I have questions for you;

1) What court (48th, 52-1st, Lansing/other college town)?

2) Were you in front of a magistrate or judge?

3) Circumstances & BAC?? If ya don't want to post, IM me (if you even want to do that)

4) (Possible answer), because of maybe the circumstances surrounding the incident, you may be being called back for scheduled court ordered piss and or PBTs through "Jams".

5) Which leads to this question. Same attorney as your buddy, or court appointed?

6) You may be "clear" as to MIP chores, or as you thought, but "clear" as far as a MIP goes, doe NOT pertain to your driving record. That'll show up on our end (MDCs/computers) for a looooong time to come.

I had an attorney I beleive contact me. It comes down to me getting a short straw at a random check. It was a case of self incrimination. No BAC was registered.  I was arraigned in front of a judge with a court appointed lawyer (best choice i made) I received 6 months under advisement. It is unfortunate that the MIP is held on the private record for so long.  District is 37th.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top