Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/7/2002 10:44:19 AM EDT
Hi Y'all

I'm trying to help my wife out with her union.  We just called and tried to get her union dues reduced so she is not contributing to PAC's and such.  

The union rep says she can opt out but will not receive any reduction in her dues until next year.  He explained that there is a window where you are allowed to do this and that she had missed it for this year.

The way he explained it is that her money will go back into the union but will not be contributed to political stuff,  they will just suck it up somewhere else.  My question is this legal,  can they charge her the full union dues and use the money elsewhere? It seems to me that she will not be getting her full representation from her money.  If they can do this can we request that if she has to pay it can we choose where it goes rather than the union folks,  say the GOA or something.

As a side note the bastard hung up on me when I told him there is no way this can be legal.  Nice Huh.

Any Ammo I can have to shove up his ass when I call back would be appreciated.

Charlie
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top