Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 3/16/2006 1:59:12 PM EST
Pretty simple question,what is the legality of FTF transfers for a long gun?I know in state is fine.However,what if the person lives across the border in another state?

I have been told by a local FFL that FTF transfers are illegal for handguns unless in state.Yet,long guns are ok.

Can anyone shed some light on this?A friend of mine and I were talking about this and neither of us had an answer so I wanted some clarity.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 10:26:32 AM EST
You can purchase a long gun in a FTF from an FFL in any state.
You cannot as a non-FFL transfer accross state lines.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 10:27:15 AM EST
Sounds reasonable.Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 6:28:30 PM EST

Originally Posted By brickeyee:
You can purchase a long gun in a FTF from an FFL in any state.

That is not true at all....... with Nazi states around, residents cannot go to another state and purchase a prohibited weapon in their state.

In fact, there is a list of what states FFLs here will sell to. Kalifornistan is not one.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 7:09:05 AM EST
(B2) From whom may an unlicensed person acquire a firearm under the GCA? [Back]

A person may only buy a firearm within the person's own state, except that he or she may buy a rifle or shotgun, in person, at a licensee's premises in any state, provided the sale complies with state laws applicable in the state of sale and the state where the purchaser resides. [18 U. S. C 922( a)( 3) and (5), 922( b)( 3), 27 CFR 178.29]

Move from Kalifornia.
Top Top