Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 10/4/2005 2:22:41 PM EDT
If you buy a gun from one dealer and then trade it in at another dealer can the dealer you are trading it in at find out where it was originaly bought or any paper history on the gun?

The reason I'm asking is I do business with a small local gun shop and I want to trade in a gun that I bought from another shop that my local shop hates. I bought it before my local shop opened but told them I never did busness with their hated compeditor in the past. I know that was the dumb part. Can they find this out if I told them I got it from my dad? Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 3:57:44 PM EDT
Technically, a FFL can request from the factory which distributor they sold it to. Said distributor may or may not be motivated to tell the dealer who they sold it to. Both are optional, either can tell a dealer to FOAD if they really want to.

I wouldn't sweat it if it were me.

Link Posted: 10/4/2005 4:08:35 PM EDT
They won't bother finding out. They would have to call the manufacturere who would in turn tell which distrubutor bought it , and then contact the distrubutor to find out the shop that bought it. Gunshops don't go through the hassle unless its for a good reason, stolen gun etc.

Bill3508
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 10:16:25 PM EDT
Thanks guys!
Top Top