Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/17/2005 2:34:24 PM EDT

I want to ship a long gun by USPS Priority with insurance. Its an AR15 and will be sent to an FFL.

What do I need to do?
Do I need an ink signed FFL or can I run his FFL # through the ATF web site?
What do I look for in the ATF web site to be sure that the FFL is legal?
Do I need to send it FFL to FFL if its going from NJ to MD?
Do I have to inform the Post office that its a gun?
How do I box it up?
Any tips on shipping?

TL1
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 4:11:17 PM EDT
[#1]

Don't tell the feds!
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 4:28:48 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Don't tell the feds!

why not? 100% legal federal wise. I'd check up on local laws though...
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 5:23:37 PM EDT
[#3]

why not? 100% legal federal wise. I'd check up on local laws though...

I guess I should post this on the hometown area
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 5:32:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Just go to the PO and ship the damn thing.  It is not illegal in any way.  Just had this discussion with my post master this week.  Do not even tell them it is a gun, just insure it.  Make sure it is unloaded.  You can ship anything to an FFL including hand guns.  You can ship a rifle interstate to anyone.  A pistol can only go to an FFL.  

Most postal assholes do not knoe the law including postal inspectors.  Just ship it.  The only exception is to a ban state if it qualifies.  

Bob
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top