Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/26/2005 6:47:51 PM EDT
I sold a 870 stock on ebay and the buyer sent a USPS money order. Well I didnt get it and finally he recieved it back and it had been sent to the wrong address. He corrected it(it was my old address that ebay had for me but should have gotten forwarded) and resent it to my current address. Well it has now been nearly a month and he nor I have seen anything. He went into the post office and they said it would cost $30 to cancel. So what can we do? He is very cooperative and trying to get this resolved as much as I am but I dont want him to take a $30 hit. What can we do?
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 9:05:29 AM EDT
anybody?
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 10:45:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/27/2005 10:46:19 AM EDT by rebel_rifle]

Originally Posted By stretch415:
I sold a 870 stock on ebay and the buyer sent a USPS money order. Well I didnt get it and finally he recieved it back and it had been sent to the wrong address. He corrected it(it was my old address that ebay had for me but should have gotten forwarded) and resent it to my current address. Well it has now been nearly a month and he nor I have seen anything. He went into the post office and they said it would cost $30 to cancel. So what can we do? He is very cooperative and trying to get this resolved as much as I am but I dont want him to take a $30 hit. What can we do?

Uh.......... then you pay it?

It seems pretty obvious to me that he can pay, you can pay or you all split it. The post office is going to get their $30 either way, you can bet on it.

Has it been cashed or attempted to be cashed? If he still has the other side of the mo certificate it will have a serial number that they can run.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 1:04:58 PM EDT
I will ask him to have them run it. Seems like there should be some type of insurance that they have or something to keep shit like this from happening.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 1:21:47 PM EDT
Have him visit the P.O. and get an Inquiry on it. It costs $3. They'll let you know in about 2-3 weeks if it's been cashed--he'll get a copy of it front and back. He'll need all documentation for the M.O. If it hasn't been cashed they have like 60 days to get back. After that point, he can get the lost one voided and a new one issued.

All this learned via a terrible Ebay experience almost exactly as you describe.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 1:30:56 PM EDT

Originally Posted By heavily_armed:
Have him visit the P.O. and get an Inquiry on it. It costs $3. They'll let you know in about 2-3 weeks if it's been cashed--he'll get a copy of it front and back. He'll need all documentation for the M.O. If it hasn't been cashed they have like 60 days to get back. After that point, he can get the lost one voided and a new one issued.

All this learned via a terrible Ebay experience almost exactly as you describe.

Ill pass all of this on thank you. This is my first money order so kinda turnoff. Paypal has been so smooth for me that I will keep doing my business there.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 3:55:59 PM EDT

Originally Posted By stretch415:
I will ask him to have them run it. Seems like there should be some type of insurance that they have or something to keep shit like this from happening.

Next time send it registered mail with a return receipt. This way, whoever they deliver it to has to sign for it and you get the receipt back so you know who signed for it. You can also track it or have it tracked a whole lot easier than running a money order.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 6:24:17 PM EDT
Thanks for the info I appreciate it
Top Top