Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/31/2015 11:07:40 PM EDT
I came to NY from another state many years ago. My former years were in that state, but I've lived for a longer time in NY than anywhere else in the country, or world.

Yet, I still identify with where I am from, calling myself a (masshole, for example )

A friend of mine was born in Hungary, came here when he was 11, and sees himself completely as a Hungarian living in NY. Another friend much older is from Bosnia. He moved here when he was 9, considers himself "from Virginia" as that is where they first landed, and he lived there until he was 30 - he is now in his late 50s and has spent more time in RI than anywhere else but considers himself a VA boy.

How about you?
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 11:14:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Ha,born and raised in Peoples Workers Paradise of New York.

Almost 14 years in Iowa now,and the only regret about leaving NY is not leaving sooner.

To be politically correct,I consider myself an earthling.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 11:16:40 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm not a native Texan.  I still say I'm from Oregon.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 11:18:04 PM EDT
[#3]
I was born in the midwest, grew up in SoCal, went to school in Chicago, worked on the east coast for a while and have started my own business in Missouri.

I prefer my adopted state of Missouri for its laws, cost of living and people... but part of me always wants to be back in Escondido every now and then... usually the part of me that is shoveling my driveway in the winter.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 11:20:31 PM EDT
[#4]
I've been in Wisconsin for 7 years, but I'll always be from Michigan
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 11:22:13 PM EDT
[#5]
I spent my early years on GlockTalk, but I'm from Arfcom now.

Link Posted: 8/31/2015 11:24:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm not a native Texan.  I still say I'm from Oregon.
View Quote

I'm not either. My birth certificate is from PA, where my dad is from, but we moved back to TX, where my mom is from, when I was 3 months old. I can't say I'm native, but this is the only place I consider home.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 11:25:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I spent my early years on GlockTalk, but I'm from Arfcom now.

View Quote

Lol. Me too.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 11:26:09 PM EDT
[#8]
As a northerner living in the south, I like to tell people that I'm from the Military Division of the Mississippi if they ask about it.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 11:29:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Left the "Auld Country" when I was around 5 yrs of age, landed in the Northeastern U.S. Moved down south twenty years ago, so I'm still a foreigner around here or a damn Yankee, whichever way you want to look at it.

But if anyone asks where I'm from, I say down south.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 11:32:30 PM EDT
[#10]
I've lived all over the place.

Idaho is home.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 11:39:51 PM EDT
[#11]
I grew up in Mass, lived in Arkansas for 2 years and NH for 12. Moved to CA last year.

I didn't move to NH until I was 34 but will always consider it my home. NH felt like home since I was a little kid. We spent as much time up there as we could growing up and I always hated leaving. I miss it.

I tell everybody out here I'm from NH but my Boston accent gives me away.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 11:41:48 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm on state number 4 now. Previously I was un Utah for about 5 years. That's home, even though I grew up in and spent more time in Illinois and Indiana. If we're going by "home is where the heart is" it's definitely Utah.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 11:43:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Grew up in AL, but CO is my home.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 11:43:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Straya
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 11:44:31 PM EDT
[#15]
I've lived all across the northeast and midwest. Born in OH, lived CT, MA, NY (for a decade).

I've lived in WA for 15 years now. I am never leaving.

I tell people im from WA now.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 11:49:07 PM EDT
[#16]
I still root for the Cleveland Browns, though I moved in 3rd grade.

To the Peoples Republic Illanoy, a locale to which I shall never return.

However, I love Arizona, and consider myself an Arizonan.

I just don't consider the Chicago/St. Louis/Phoenix/Arizona/Wherevernext Cardinals as worthy of anything but my scorn.

I am, however, a DBacks* and Suns fan, and a Arizona State graduate, fan, Season Ticket Holder, and donor.

*-I had season tix for 10 years, pre-divorce, but post Divorce I'm a TV fan.

**-Hockey is not an American sport, and I'm not a canadian.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 11:50:23 PM EDT
[#17]
Five years in Germany (Army brat), 13 in Colorado, 3 in Iowa, 1 in Italy, 1 in Wisconsin, 36 in Illinois.

Though I tell people I'm from Colorado (because I went to school there, K-12), I really consider myself an Illini now.

Link Posted: 9/1/2015 12:33:20 AM EDT
[#18]
I am from WV. And I still have most of my own teeth.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top