Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/7/2006 8:19:51 PM EDT
Question for those living in small apartments or condos, what do you do for storage?  I am in escrow on my first condo.  And the thing does not have much storage.  Well it doesnt have any.  It has one small pantry and thats about it.

What do you guys do for storage?
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 9:57:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Rent a storage unit somewhere.  I thought pretty highly of "Door to Door Storage", which rents containerized units out.  You can go to their facility on a couple of hours' notice (no charge when I used them) or have the box dropped off in your driveway (additional fee applies, may take several days to schedule).

Your box isn't marked (unless you mark it), so it can't be targeted by thieves.  It's in a fairly secure warehouse, piled in stacks with other boxes, so it would be hard to get into anyway.  The warehouses have fire suppression sprinklers, too.

Downsides are the slight inconvenience, but that's mostly true of any storage facility.  Also the monthly expense.  They were charging me $50/month on a longterm plan.

Other storage unit places either give you a little garage-style unit in the open, or a room inside a building.  The garage units have a reputation for being robbed and for meth-lab vermin to dump their garbage in the units.  The inside-building units tend to be the least convenient in my experience, since you might have to take an elevator to haul stuff in and out;  also, although they know who is coming and going from the building, there's no way to prevent someone from breaking into other lockers.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 9:59:20 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Question for those living in small apartments or condos, what do you do for storage?

I have crap stored everywhere in my townhome, in the attic and under the stairs
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 11:34:38 AM EDT
[#3]
I rented a storage unit.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top