Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/6/2006 8:37:51 AM EDT
I'm graduating next month as an RN and my in-laws are wanting to buy me a nice stethoscope.  Which one would you guys recommend?  I already have a job and will be working on a cardiac progressive unit if that makes any difference.

I've been looking at the Littman Cardiology III but would like to hear some professional opinions.

Thanks
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 9:17:33 AM EDT
[#1]
littman has been, and will always be a great choice.

welch-allyn, heine, drg, baum, there are several other good brands, some with bells, some with diaphrams, some with both, some tuneable etc.

I've got two issues, one is that they tend to have feet, so unless you really are careful, it might take a walk.  Second, is that most people never can hear the nuances that the manufacturers say that you can.  Maybe its just me, but I think that at that price range there is very little difference.

If they are planning on big bucks (4-500) and you really want something cool, littman has a line of electronic ones that will amaze you.  and you can make recordings and stuff, playback in slo-mo,  probably listen thru walls if you wanted too. pretty cool technology.

fish

Oh, get it engraved.  those little plastic tags suck.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 9:22:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Well, I work as an EMT, and I'll finish paramedic school in about a month.
For Christmas, I got a Littman Master Classic.  Its not their highest end one, but for listening in the back of the ambulance it does great, its easy to clean off should blood and guts get on it, and it was $99 as opposed to $200-300 so if it does break/dissapear I won't cry too much.  I don't think you can go wrong with a Littman of any flavor.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 9:27:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Littman is a well respected and high quality piece.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 12:16:25 PM EDT
[#4]
I am a old Paramedic.
The Littmans are very good but they do tend to walk off.
Check the ADC line, they make a good scope for a good price. I buy them 6 at a time.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top