Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/30/2004 12:58:16 PM EDT
So I was talking to a friend today who is quite liberal. He was going off on the conservative media bias (CNN is less left than FOX is to the right, didn't you know?) and was generally making an ass of himself. "Hannidy and Colms is rediculous. It's Hannidy's show and I can't respect him because he's so far right it's crazy" and completely glosses over the fact that Colms is far left and they counterbalance.. Anyways..

He poses "It amazed me that any gays, blacks, women or minorities can be or vote for Conservatives. What have Conservatives EVER done to those groups?"

He was unable to say what the Democrats did for those groups, and couldn't say what the Conservatives didn't do for them, so tomorrow I would like to give him a nic elong list of what Conservatives have done for those people.

So, aside from Conservatives creating Ebola and AIDS to kill all the gays and blacks, what have we done for them? I mean in a positive way.

Blacks.

Women.

Gays.

Minorities.

What have Conservatives done for them?

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 12:59:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Get a new friend
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 1:00:18 PM EDT
[#2]
The Republicans freed the Slaves

The Republicans passed the Civil Rights Act

Link Posted: 8/30/2004 1:03:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Off the top of my head I can name National Security Advisor Condi Rice. Highest ranking woman cabinet member ever, and she's black. All thanks to level "Right" thinking and a "far-right" administration.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 1:03:45 PM EDT
[#4]

conservative media bias

Is that a joke?
Fox is in the middle, and everything else is left of center.
The ONLY conservatives in the media are on AM talk radio, and genuine voices are becoming more rare by the year. Your friend needs a clue. Republicans arent the ones rioting in the streets, and causing civil unrest to make our voices heard....we vote with our dollars, not by carrying some asshat sign and blocking traffic. Its amazing that people just dont see what fools the liberals are...filthy gutter snipe, crying in the street about fantasies they wish were true.....while the decent hardworking conservatives are working to pay taxes that fund social programs to support these ungrateful idiots.

Ask your friend how he feels about his tax dollars going to help people that hate him.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 1:03:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 1:04:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Blacks:  Treated as the equal citizens that they are by not pressing handouts and affirmative action, making them believe that they (Blacks/Minorities) need it, therefore not precisely targeting and exploiting the goup for votes like the left.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 1:05:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Blacks=Tried to get tuition vouchers for all so that inner city youth would have the same ability to choose the quality of education that rich folks can. A rich person in any large city should be able to choose from at least 10 different schools. The inner city family must take the .gov handout whether they like the education/teachers/building or not.

2nd item: Got CCW passed in a lot of states. The inner city is where violence occurs for the most part. These are the people who need protection. The liberals want to take that right away from them.

Conservatives support rich people. I never received a job from a poor person. Only rich people created jobs for me.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 1:06:47 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I seem to remember southern Democrats being the leading opponents of Civil Rights, and not really caring whether blacks were enslaved or not.

Maybe your friend doesn't like conservatives because they're not interested in playing victim politics along identity group lines and are more concerned about the individual rather than the color of his skin.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 1:13:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Give him my phone number!!!!!

I can set him straight quick, fast and in a hurry at doubletime.

The proper question is, "How can [insert above list] vote Lieberal??????

Link Posted: 8/30/2004 1:18:03 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Give him my phone number!!!!!

I can set him straight quick, fast and in a hurry at doubletime.

The proper question is, "How can [insert above list] vote Lieberal??????

That'd be a good sized can of WOOP ASS!
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 1:19:41 PM EDT
[#11]
You might also mention Democrats established concentration camps in the US for one ethnic group of Americans...
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 1:20:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Ask CavVet to talk to him.

SGatr15
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 1:20:12 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
(CNN is less left than FOX is to the right, didn't you know?)

Link Posted: 8/30/2004 1:21:00 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 8/30/2004 1:25:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Exactly when did it become necessary for the Goverment/Political Party to deliver something for a particular group of people to earn its vote?

My vote is cheap.....Do Nothing.

Link Posted: 8/30/2004 2:16:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Freedom helps all people

Lower taxes help all people.

Lincoln was a Republican

Conservatives support BLACK Rifles!
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 2:21:31 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
So I was talking to a friend today who is quite liberal. He was going off on the conservative media bias (CNN is less left than FOX is to the right, didn't you know?) and was generally making an ass of himself. "Hannidy and Colms is rediculous. It's Hannidy's show and I can't respect him because he's so far right it's crazy" and completely glosses over the fact that Colms is far left and they counterbalance.. Anyways..

He poses "It amazed me that any gays, blacks, women or minorities can be or vote for Conservatives. What have Conservatives EVER done to those groups?"

He was unable to say what the Democrats did for those groups, and couldn't say what the Conservatives didn't do for them, so tomorrow I would like to give him a nic elong list of what Conservatives have done for those people.

So, aside from Conservatives creating Ebola and AIDS to kill all the gays and blacks, what have we done for them? I mean in a positive way.

Blacks.

Women.

Gays.

Minorities.

What have Conservatives done for them?

Thanks in advance.

They have worked to have a government that does not impose limitations on what they are capable of achieving.  The liberal mindset is that they must do something for some group while conservatives don't look at groups, they look at individuals and what they can do for themselves without the intervention of government imposed regulations.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 2:42:25 PM EDT
[#18]
Lyndon B Johnson was a democrat, his name is on the civil rights act, his senate was democrat controlled. Yeah looks like a republican signed it to me too. http://www.whitehouse.gov/history/presidents/lj36.html

Don't forgot that a republican (Gerald Ford) made the executive order for the CIA to stop political assassinations.

Reps done for gays? Told them they can't get married.

Republican tax cuts at work. Who here makes over 300k per year?

CON 2

The "Citizens for Tax Justice" organization analysis, which includes all the major elements of the agreement, found that under the House-Senate tax plan:

* The 60 percent of taxpayers in the middle income quintile and below would receive less than 8 percent of the total tax cuts. Their average tax reduction would be only $138 a year.
   * The best-off tenth of all taxpayers would receive 69 percent of the tax reductions, and get an average annual tax cut of $7,600.
   * The best-off one percent of taxpayers--those making more than $301,000-- would get an average tax reduction of more than $46,000 a year.

[urm]www.youdebate.com/DEBATES/TAX_REPUBLICAN_TAX_CUT.HTM[/urm]

What the tax cut plan is:
http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/reports/taxplan.html

scroll to the charts. At a 33% tax rate for the high buck earners (on the chart Bush plan) someone with a 136k income is taxed $45000 leaving them with around 90,000 as an income. Meanwhile is the 6,000 to 27,500 the tax rate is 15%, taking away from the 27,500 earner $4057. Money brought home is 23,000. The largest break falls to the people who have the best capability to surivive and in the least need to the high buck tax cuts. Meanwhile the people who for whatever reason either can't get a high buck job, or there are no high buck jobs readily available can't really affrd to get out of the slump they're in. Factor in state taxes, sales taxes, etc and it's a pretty sad plan indeed.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 2:59:45 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Lincoln was a Republican

Point of record, Lincoln was a Whig, he formed the Republican Party.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 3:16:06 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Lyndon B Johnson was a democrat, his name is on the civil rights act, his senate was democrat controlled. Yeah looks like a republican signed it to me too. http://www.whitehouse.gov/history/presidents/lj36.html

Dearest ,

Only 69 percent of Democratic Senators voted for the Act, but 82 percent of Republican Senators votd for it.

It gets better in the House, with a lowly 61 percent of Dems voting for the Act and 80 percent of the Republicans voting for it.

Al Gore's father was one of those who refused to support the Act that enforced the constitutional rights of blacks.

Democrat Bull Connor used dogs, clubs and hoses to violate black rights.

Do we need to discuss Wallace?  Wallace entered politics as a segregationalist Democrat, running successfully for the governorship of Alabama. In his first inaugural speech, he pledged to fight for "segregation now, segregation tomorrow and segregation forever."  In 1963, he stood in the doorway of the University of Alabama to block the admission of two black students, in direct defiance of  a Presidential desegregation order.

Remember the term Dixiecrat? Who do you think Jim Crowe was?

Trivia- Name the card carrying Klansman in Congress today, and what party is he in?

Hint-In 1964 he filibustered the Civil Rights Act for more than 14 hours, one of the longest such delays in Senate history. Years later he voted against the Supreme Court nomination of Thurgood Marshall. He referred to the Klan as "an effective force in the struggle against communism and in the promotion of traditional American values."

BTW, care to guess which side has voted for more Civil Rights Legislation in the 20th Century? I dont think so.

Dont even fuckin go there, homey dont play that.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 3:33:43 PM EDT
[#21]
Show your friend the housing projects that surround most big cities. Show him the huge vertical mind dumbing crime breeding slums . These prisons for the poor are the great gift of the Democratic Party . Ask him why we should continue with these foolish elitist policies that have failed generations of poor Americans.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 3:35:03 PM EDT
[#22]

Senator Robert Byrd-D, WVA

Senator since the Fourties........

Link Posted: 8/30/2004 3:43:25 PM EDT
[#23]
Simple
Condileeza Rice and Colin Powell have done more for the American black image than Jesse Jacksons absurd rhetoric could possibly accomplish. Case closed.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 3:45:50 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Get a new friend

+1
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 4:37:19 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

More please! I want to present him with a nicely printed out fact-sheet and watch him come up with some kind of BS excuse, or admit that he's stuck.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 8:05:23 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

More please! I want to present him with a nicely printed out fact-sheet and watch him come up with some kind of BS excuse, or admit that he's stuck.

Just give him this link......

And my phone number......

Link Posted: 8/30/2004 8:07:21 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

He'll never call. Ever.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 8:23:19 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

It might be worth pointing out to him that this is a prejudiced statement, implying that somehow those groups should vote based on belonging to a particular group, and not based on thier opinions or viewpoints.

Plus, a lot of people VOTE based on agreement with a philosophy, and not necessarily based on a selfish benefit to themselves.

Neither party really DOES anything for me.  I'm not rich enough to benefit from Republican policies, and I'm not poor (or lazy) enough to benefit from any Democratic policies.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 8:28:58 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It might be worth pointing out to him that this is a prejudiced statement, implying that somehow those groups should vote based on belonging to a particular group, and not based on thier opinions or viewpoints.

Plus, a lot of people VOTE based on agreement with a philosophy, and not necessarily based on a selfish benefit to themselves.

Neither party really DOES anything for me.  I'm not rich enough to benefit from Republican policies, and I'm not poor (or lazy) enough to benefit from any Democratic policies.

and this is why you belong to the Finger-in-the-Dyke party!

Link Posted: 8/30/2004 8:34:45 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

He'll never call. Ever.

I have no long distance, no roaming. Or better yet, I have family in Cali, maybe we can hook up next time I am down that way. say the three of us for a latte?
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 8:38:52 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

He'll never call. Ever.

I have no long distance, no roaming. Or better yet, I have family in Cali, maybe we can hook up next time I am down that way. say the three of us for a latte?

I'll certainly take you up on the offer (send me an email or IM before you come to town - East Bay Area) but he'll probably decline.. then shit his pants.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 8:39:14 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Republican tax cuts at work. Who here makes over 300k per year?

* The 60 percent of taxpayers in the middle income quintile and below would receive less than 8 percent of the total tax cuts. Their average tax reduction would be only $138 a year.
   * The best-off tenth of all taxpayers would receive 69 percent of the tax reductions, and get an average annual tax cut of $7,600.
   * The best-off one percent of taxpayers--those making more than $301,000-- would get an average tax reduction of more than $46,000 a year.

Oh come on.  Get a life and a clue.  The Bush tax cuts reduced taxes for EVERYONE WHO PAYS TAX!  You should have seen the looks on my clients faces when I pointed out just how much they saved due to the tax bill.  People making $30k a year were saving a $1000-2500 if they had kids, sometimes more.

The top 5% of taxpayers pay half of all taxes, so why shouldn't they get most of the breaks?  No one who pays tax paid more under this tax bill.  The only whiners I saw were those who complained that they weren't getting big refunds like their friends because they didn't pay any tax in the first place.

Democrats are evil and think our money belongs to them to dole out to those who vote for them.  The Republicans think our money belongs to us, but they think they can swipe a good chunk of it by claiming they "need" it for spending programs.  I'd much rather leave tax policy to the repubs than the democrooks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top