Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/13/2005 6:10:13 AM EDT
I want to read this book, but there are so many versions of it which is best? How many times can they redo Sun-Tzu The Art of War? When I do a search at any online book store I find at least 8 - 10 different copies if not more. Which one to pick, and what did you think of it if you have read it? This will be another book for my library I am reading it for self intrest.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 6:13:43 AM EDT
[#1]
try the Cleary translation.

ETA: "The Art of War : Complete Text and Commentaries" includes follow-on books by Sun Bin & others.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 6:19:17 AM EDT
[#2]
www.sonshi.com/

Sun Tzu Art of War Strategy Site

Online translation with commentary
Discussions on which translation to buy
Interviews and discussions with major Sun Tzu scholars
Other great (online, free) books on strategy from the likes of Julius Caesar, Flavius, Machiavelli, T. Roosevelt, General Sherman, & more.
Even more stuff.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 6:28:24 AM EDT
[#3]
I have the version with the Classic Chinese text written along side it, I rather enjoyed it.

Just please pronounce his name right, SWIN-ZI(kind of like 'zit' with no 't')
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 6:42:10 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
www.sonshi.com/

Sun Tzu Art of War Strategy Site

Online translation with commentary
Discussions on which translation to buy
Interviews and discussions with major Sun Tzu scholars
Other great (online, free) books on strategy from the likes of Julius Caesar, Flavius, Machiavelli, T. Roosevelt, General Sherman, & more.
Even more stuff.

I will check it out thanks.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top