Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 7/17/2002 6:09:51 PM EDT
Why the hell doesn't a women change her last name when she gets divorced? I divorced mine 2 years ago, she refuses to change her last name. She doesn't love me anymore, in fact she has said that she hates me, shes living with a guy, doesn't want anything to do with me,[fine with me] so why doesn't she change her name? Why would she still want to be called by MY last name? Advice to all you guys who may file for divorce. Force her to change her name. You can do it in the begining, I should have but thought she would do it anyway. Don't be a nice guy during the divorce. The only way to do it is mean and dirty, unfortunately.
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 6:27:45 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 7:11:26 PM EDT
If you have a lot of friends or contacts like in a store, deli, restruant they would use your last name to get discounts or free stuff. Maybe they are trying to use your last name to get benefits. Look at Cher, when Sonny died, she sued for a part of his estate but doesn't use his last name.
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 7:26:14 PM EDT
FWIW, I've had a few women tell me over the year that they don't want the hassle of changing their DL#, SS#, etc. ColtShorty GOA KABA COA JPFO SAF NRA "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 5:00:14 AM EDT
Originally Posted By rainman: Why the hell doesn't a women change her last name when she gets divorced? I divorced mine 2 years ago, she refuses to change her last name. She doesn't love me anymore, in fact she has said that she hates me, shes living with a guy, doesn't want anything to do with me,[fine with me] so why doesn't she change her name? Why would she still want to be called by MY last name? Advice to all you guys who may file for divorce. Force her to change her name. You can do it in the begining, I should have but thought she would do it anyway. Don't be a nice guy during the divorce. The only way to do it is mean and dirty, unfortunately.
View Quote
My guess would be it's because she knows it torques your jaws.
Top Top