Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 3/13/2006 7:46:41 AM EST
A "Friend of Mine" has a parcel of land in an area that has just been re-zoned. He was forced under penalty of $1000.00 per day fine to evict his long established tenant (10+ years) due to the tenant being Non-conforming. Any business that were operating with a Lic. matching the physical address was Grand fathered in. My friends problem is the Business he was renting the land to use as a storage yard has a office elsewhere and their business Lic has the office address and not the yard address.

Zoning officer/inspector says that since there is no business Lic. attached to that addy. He is SOL and the property must conform to the new zoning.

Should he hire an attorney since he can provide proof that the same tenant has been established in his lot for 10+ years or just roll over to the zoning dept because "you cant fight city hall"

Link Posted: 3/13/2006 3:16:28 PM EST
Maybe not "hire" a lawyer, but definately consult with one. Be sure to get one who specializes in zoning laws & not criminal law, etc.

Good luck!
Top Top