Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/29/2005 8:07:53 AM EDT
I am going to switch brands of cancer causing chew.  I have been using Red Man golden blend but for the past month or so every pouch that I have gotten has had a lot of stems in it and hasn't tasted very good.  Thinking about switching to skoal or cope.  What do y'all recomend?
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 8:09:53 AM EDT
[#1]
I like skoal, mint or apple. But apparently that makes me a pussy. Wildcat is cheap as hell but doesn't taste as good. Straight skoal is more similar to chew.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 8:13:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Copenhagen is a little to fine for most people to handle right off… Skoal long cut will be easier to start with.

I suggest you try plain old Red Man first it tends to have less stems than the Golden.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 8:14:32 AM EDT
[#3]
I chewed Golden Blend for a coupla years until I a) got tired of the taste and b) got tired of the stems like you. Switched over to stright up Red Man and chewed that for 10 years (good lord was it that long??), better flavor and a helluva lot fewer stems

2 years ago, I went to Copenhagen and haven't looked back.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 8:15:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Levi Garret pouch.   Way better than redman and not nasty used catlitter like skoal and cope!
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 8:19:55 AM EDT
[#5]

Skoal longcut wintergreen
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 8:23:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 8:25:18 AM EDT
[#7]
skoal longcut mint for a good, generic dip
bandits for use in more prudent situations
Levi Garret or some kind of plugs for the pure joy of chewing
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 8:27:35 AM EDT
[#8]
Lancaster was the best I'd found, gave all tobacco up over a year ago.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 8:33:08 AM EDT
[#9]
Cope all the way.  When I want a "change" I will usually get a can of Skoal Wintergreen fine cut.  Can't stand all that long stemmy long cut crap.

Been chewin for 17 years...quit once for 6 mos  Need to again, this crap is getting waaayyy to spendy.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 8:38:38 AM EDT
[#10]
Copenhagen will bring you to a new and uglier level of addiction.

After fighting that battle for years I've finally quit after chewing it for just over 20 years.

I recommend that you not switch to snuff.  Stopping all together would be the smart move.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 8:39:28 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Cope all the way.  When I want a "change" I will usually get a can of Skoal Wintergreen fine cut.  Can't stand all that long stemmy long cut crap.

Been chewin for 17 years...quit once for 6 mos  Need to again, this crap is getting waaayyy to spendy.

Over 6 bucks a can in good old MN, luckly for me I have a buddy in AL that sends me "gifts " every so often.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 8:45:56 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

After fighting that battle for years I've finally quit after chewing it for just over 20 years.

I recommend that you not switch to snuff.  Stopping all together would be the smart move.

Hmmm I guess I could try that..........
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 8:58:03 AM EDT
[#13]
If you are going to use snuff then Copenhagen is the way to go.  They make long cut but I don't it tastes as good as regular.  Once I graduated from skoal a long time ago I never liked the taste of it again. I quit a little while back.  Have you tried redman select?  
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 8:59:39 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
If you are going to use snuff then Copenhagen is the way to go.  They make long cut but I don't it tastes as good as regular.  Once I graduated from skoal a long time ago I never liked the taste of it again. I quit a little while back.  Have you tried redman select?  

No but I am leaning on starting skoal peachy.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 9:00:09 AM EDT
[#15]
Are you the guys that painted my barn?  
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 9:02:10 AM EDT
[#16]
I dipped Cope for many years, then I found my new (cheaper) love...
Timber Wolf - Natural fine cut
It tales some getting used to after Cope but after awhile you can't go back to the dry demon of Cope.
I hated wolf until about the third can then I was fine, and for les than half the price I could have gotten used to anything. I pay about $2 a can versus about $4 for Cope.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 9:02:41 AM EDT
[#17]
KODIAK wintergreen.  It's stouter than that Skoal (happy mint, pink and cinnamon, candy dipped) girly stuff. Nothing else comes close...not even Wolf, Rooster, any of that cheapo garbage
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 11:18:08 AM EDT
[#18]
id go with skoal wintergreen or cope black or regular...if u really want some good chew theres this stuff out there called peachy...ive only found it once and have been craving a pouch every since..they sell it here in south south texas...its good tobacco tastes jsut like ur chewin on a peach...good shit...cant go wrong w copenhagen tho
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 11:20:08 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Over 6 bucks a can in good old MN, luckly for me I have a buddy in AL that sends me "gifts " every so often.

6 bucks a can...u been had boy
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 11:22:20 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No but I am leaning on starting skoal peachy.

I started on Cope long cut.  Never a problem.  Tried some skoal cherry.  Ended up going through 5 cans of it before I went back to cope.  That's been 5 years.  To this day Copenhagen will make me puke after dipping Skoal.  Don't get it.  Now I'm a pussy.  I dip Skoal berry blend pouches.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 11:51:55 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

6 bucks a can...u been had boy

Whou callen boy!

That was the fallout of all that tobacco legal action.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 11:58:32 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Chewed that for a lil bit in college, I could get it for $14/carton back then.....it was just barely worth it
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 11:59:42 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Skoal longcut wintergreen

Yep.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 12:04:18 PM EDT
[#24]
I so need to find my Mr. Dip Lip pictures.

QUIT!!!!
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 12:07:59 PM EDT
[#25]
i jumped from red man golden to skoal mint to copenhagen and now red seal

i think you'll be very surprised just how strong copenhagen is if you try to go straight from chew to it.....................
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 12:09:49 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
I so need to find my Mr. Dip Lip pictures.

QUIT!!!!

hell, i did a persuasive speech in college on the dangers of smokeless tobacco use..............

everybody's gotta die of something.  the healthiest fucker in the world might get hit by a bus today.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 12:13:46 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

I have seen this battle with my dad and alot of my friends, dad "can't" stop, and neither can my friends.  I am not trying to take a dump on this thread, but man...  this is something to think about...
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 4:22:52 PM EDT
[#28]
Grizzly long cut wintergreen. $1.85 at the PX or $2.99 at most c-stores.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top