Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/18/2005 9:28:44 AM EDT
Looking for a new pair of fins for next month.  Looking at either the Scubapro Twin Jets or the Atomic Aquatics Split Fin.

Anyone have any experience with iether and where to get these fins the cheapest???
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 9:31:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Goback...I have used the split fin design in the past.  While they worked as well as other traditional designs, I found that I tended to get shin splints using them.  Other people I know have had the same experience, and yet others loved them.  For me, there weren't enough benefits over traditional to justify the extra cost.  
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 9:31:51 AM EDT
[#2]
I really like my Twin Jets.  They are the only pair I've owned, though, so not much to compare them too.
I just bought mine from the local shop.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 9:35:37 AM EDT
[#3]
I've never owned split fins - so I cannot give you any advice on that.  Instead, I got a pair of Ares Velocity fins last year (a vented fin) - which are just as fast/powerful as the split fin, but handle more like traditional fins (so I like them a lot).

Link Posted: 8/18/2005 9:47:59 AM EDT
[#4]
What I'm looking for is a good fin for small, quick flutter style kicking.  I have a pair of Mares Avanti Quattro and although they are a great fin they just aren't for me.

I still need to get rid of these before I buy a new pair but was doing some reading on the Atomic Aquatics and the Scubapro.

can't wait to get down to the local shop and kick a few.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 10:18:55 AM EDT
[#5]
We have the apollo bio fins.
http://www.scubatoys.com/store/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=BioFins
About the same price as the ones you are looking at. Shin splints occure when the fins you are using are too stiff. Had that problem with some solid fins, but never had it with these.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 10:21:59 AM EDT
[#6]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top