9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/1/2005 10:01:32 AM EDT
As a Catholic we hold Mass everyday.

Does your Church/denomination?

Why or why not?

Or is it just a staffing issue?

SGatr15
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 10:26:13 AM EDT
My church has the traditional Sunday morning, Sunday evening, and Wednesday evening. In September we will be adding a Saturday evening service.

These are times that the entire congregation gets together.

Does your whole church attend each service? Is it for flexibility to accomodate individual's schedules?

Also, I've only been inside a RC church once in my life. I was trying to blend in, but the snickers behind me let me know I missed a couple stand up/sit down cues.

Is the daily mass a full blown service with hymn singing and a sermon?
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 10:36:10 AM EDT
Not being Catholic, we can ask God to forgive our sins daily and commune with Him daily thru prayer and reading His Word. We do not need a human go between. Church on Sunday and Wednesday.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 10:39:23 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Brohawk:

Does your whole church attend each service?

I wish!! Normally about 25-30 people show up, compared to 200 average on Sundays.
We have weekday 7am Mass M-S and 7:30am, 9:30am, and 12 Noon on Sundays.

Also, I've only been inside a RC church once in my life. I was trying to blend in, but the snickers behind me let me know I missed a couple stand up/sit down cues.

Yes, that is a little difficult at first. Basically there are only two times you kneel.

Is the daily mass a full blown service with hymn singing and a sermon?

Full Mass minus the long sermon in the middle. The sermon gets replaced with some basic short prayer announcements usually. The whole purpose(and all the prayers) of the Mass is the lead up to communion (receiving Jesus Christ). AFte that event the final prayers are in thanks of receiving Jesus.

I am still learning however.....

SGatr15
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 10:40:23 AM EDT
And we only sing a few hymns...without instraments

Sgat1r5
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 10:41:43 AM EDT

Originally Posted By alaman:
Not being Catholic, we can ask God to forgive our sins daily and commune with Him daily thru prayer and reading His Word. We do not need a human go between.

GREAT TO HEAR!

But it has nothing to do with m,y question

Sgat1r5
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 11:34:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/1/2005 11:40:44 AM EDT by WildBoar]
We dont in mine as its often refered to a re sacrifice and the reformed churches are often very set against many Roman practices.

we do communion but everyone partakes of the cup, we dont believe its actual flesh and blood but is symbolic. We do it once a month unless we have a dinner and then we do it at every meal. We sing each moring led by a piano.

Our services are Sundays ad Wed. Bible study an hour ealrier. We try to make Sunday a true Lords day. The whole church shows up for bible study, then directly to the sermon. Everyon either leaves to eat and comes back later or they stay all day doing family activities on church ground up till eveneing services. They stive to make church life an integral part of the beleivers life, as I think it should be.

Sermons are posted online if we miss a day or are out of town. The seromons are very much like the ones Charles Spurgeon would give.

www.ebcfl.org/
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 12:07:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/1/2005 12:07:59 PM EDT by John_Wayne777]

Originally Posted By sgtar15:
As a Catholic we hold Mass everyday.

Does your Church/denomination?

Why or why not?

Or is it just a staffing issue?

SGatr15

There is no official daily service in our denomination, but there is nothing prohibiting it either. We have weekly prayer services, descipleship training, etc that occupy more than just Sunday morning.

The early church seems to have gathered and fellowshipped often, but Sunday was their main day of worship and instruction in the Word. We follow that idea.

With shift work and the like, getting the full church to assemble more than once a week is darn near impossible as it is.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 12:31:36 PM EDT
We have services every sunday but we have something going on most days. There is a group that meets for meditation every monday evening for instance.

Link Posted: 8/1/2005 12:58:53 PM EDT

Our doors are always open and altars always available to anyone who wishes to use them
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 1:37:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/1/2005 1:37:50 PM EDT by Bellona]
Tuesday evening Bible Sunday

Thursday evening service

Sunday morning / evening

Sometimes, they have a singing/dinner on Saturdays.

ETA: This is a Pentecostal church.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 11:33:01 AM EDT

A running joke around here is calling this area (St Pete), "God's waiting room". I heard a variation of this from an ancient Monsignor who was asked about the (extremely elderly) makeup of the congregation at daily Mass. His comment was that "They were cramming for finals"
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 6:09:09 AM EDT
Mormons call it Sacrament and partake during thier Sacrament meeting on Sunday. It is generally handled by the Aaronic Priesthood (young men 12-16yrs old). It can be administered out side the church for sick or shut ins. Bread and water are used.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 9:16:24 AM EDT
Episcopalians can have mass any day, but every parish does it on Sunday. Our schedule is Sunday 8AM (no music), 10AM (music); Tuesday night at 6PM (no music), followed by snacks and Bible stories for little kids; Wednesday 12:10PM (no music). In the past we had it on Thursday nights.

During Lent we had Stations at 5:30 Tuesday, followed by a light supper and then Compline at 8PM.
Top Top