Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/11/2003 8:24:27 AM EDT
What is a 'good' anti-theft lock system to use?

the through the brake thing?

U lock?

cable?

something else?

What is best, or easiest to use, or most practical, or should they be used in combination?
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 8:30:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 8:30:55 AM EDT
[#2]
I just pay the insurance, and am emotionally ready to accept blue-book if anything happens.

Watching mega-buck bike buds, worrying wherever we go, reminds me not to.

For waaaay more info, check out:

http://www.cycleforums.com/forums/index.php?referrerid=1380

Is like the ar15.com of bikes.
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 8:34:17 AM EDT
[#3]
The Kryptonite  New York locks are the best you can get.
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 9:13:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Try the Bike Cuffs. Basically, very heavy duty handcuffs large enough to fit your bike.

[url]http://www.gearreview.com/streetcuffs.php[/url]
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 9:14:43 AM EDT
[#5]
I go with the Kryptonite!!!
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 9:34:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Libertystick- thanks for the website, guess this means Ill get even less work done now...

I not worried about the insurance/money too much, I am more worried about the Effin inconvience of walking out of a place and not having a ride.

I know nothing will stop a determined thief, all I am looking to do is make the thief look for something a little easier/less conspicous to steal.  Of course I had a friend who had a thief drive off with his car in front of several police officers, the really sad part is his car alarm was going off the entire time.

Everybody- thanks for the help, and if anybody else wants to toss in some ideas i'd appreciate it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top