Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 7/19/2008 6:54:10 AM EDT
I just saw the latest previews for Madden 2009 and dammit, it looks incredible.
Now I have a terrible urge to buy an XBOX 360, made even more tempting by the recent price drops. The only thing is, that is the only game I'd be playing. I'm a football nut and don't really time (or the interest) in other games. Would it be worth the dough? Oh yeah, I don't have a high-def tv either, if that matters. You happy with your XBOX 360 and Madden purchase from last year?

The PS3 isn't a consideration due to it's price point and the fact that I won't be buying Blue-Ray DVDs.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 7:02:55 AM EDT
the new 360 price cut drops it to 299$. There are alot of very good games on the xbox 360 that dont need hi-def your fine without it.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 7:03:30 AM EDT
I don't play the thing but my son has an XBOX 360 and Madden09. He plays on a HDTV and I believe that this is where the 360 really shines. I think that I would save my money if I were going to play it on a regular TV. The graphics are incredible on the HDTV. Just my .02 as YMMV.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 7:05:37 AM EDT
Join a club and play the real thing perhaps?
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 4:49:13 PM EDT
Any other Madden fans care to chime in?
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 5:04:18 PM EDT
As much as I love Madden games...and as much as I love my 360, I would not buy the 360 just for Madden. For me at least, my interest always wanes when football season dies off. What I DO suggest, is you get a 360, Madden, and some awesome games like Call of Duty 4. I will say, if you get Xbox live, you can play online, download other game demos, download movies, TV shows etc, so 360 is pretty flexible.

As for HDTV, it's nice, but I think you could do fine without it.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 5:04:35 PM EDT
I've been playing Madden since '95

09' for the 360 is looking good. BUY IT!

Link Posted: 7/19/2008 5:10:19 PM EDT

Originally Posted By diestone:
I don't play the thing but my son has an XBOX 360 and Madden09.

Madden 09 isn't out yet.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 5:56:29 PM EDT

Originally Posted By JD_Ruger_fan:
As much as I love Madden games...and as much as I love my 360, I would not buy the 360 just for Madden. For me at least, my interest always wanes when football season dies off. What I DO suggest, is you get a 360, Madden, and some awesome games like Call of Duty 4. I will say, if you get Xbox live, you can play online, download other game demos, download movies, TV shows etc, so 360 is pretty flexible.

As for HDTV, it's nice, but I think you could do fine without it.

I do have a PS2 with NCAA College Football 2006. Good game but the defensive play, or lack there of, sucks big time. I do have Madden 2008 on my pc and it feels much more balanced than the college game. I might just keep playing that.

I've heard COD4 is very good. The first person shooter I'm addicted to is Day of Defeat:Source on the pc. I'm a WW2 addict and have been playing the game for at least 5 years now.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 6:02:19 PM EDT
Call Of Duty 4: Modern Warfare. I destroy 12 year olds daily on Live and it feels incredible.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 6:19:42 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Greggy_D:

Originally Posted By diestone:
I don't play the thing but my son has an XBOX 360 and Madden09.

Madden 09 isn't out yet.

My bad, like I said I don't play the thing so it must be what ever the latest version is. He also plays the NCAA one and that one looks pretty awesome too. A lot of money is invested in all those games for that thing. I'm sure when 09 does come out that will be a XMAS or birthday present.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 8:22:05 PM EDT
height=8
Originally Posted By The_Sgt_Rock:
I've heard COD4 is very good. The first person shooter I'm addicted to is Day of Defeat:Source on the pc. I'm a WW2 addict and have been playing the game for at least 5 years now.

I personally think that COD4 has revolutionized FPS by doing very little except paying attention to detail. It's just an amazing multiplayer game. Well, you may want to get a 360 for the next COD game which is going back to WWII. Also, if you're a PC gamer and you have a good LCD monitor you can hook the 360 up to that for better graphics.
Top Top