Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 10/14/2004 12:30:23 PM EST
I posted this question on UziTalk but no ones answered yet. I've got a question for people that own Uzi Carbines(16" bbl.) that have a folding stock. New Vectors and older, "pre-ban" IMI could be had with a folding stock and when folded the OAL of the gun is only 24.4". Open the OAL is 31" which is legal but the way I read it if you've got a rifle with an OAL of less then 26" it's a SBR even if it's got a 16" barrel. How can a Uzi Carbine with a legal 16" barrel but an OAL length of 24.4" with the stock folded still be legal or isn't it. IF it's not then how can they sell them legally. Does the ATF measure OAL with the stock unfolded or what?
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 12:32:20 PM EST
ATF measures with the stock extended (otherwise you wouldn't be able to buy an M1 carbine with a paratrooper wire stock).

However some STATES require you measure with the stock folded/collapesd (notably MI and CA).
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 12:32:40 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/14/2004 12:33:18 PM EST by ARDOC]
In Michigan you need a special barrel thats 18 inches.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 12:36:23 PM EST

Originally Posted By Forest:
ATF measures with the stock extended (otherwise you wouldn't be able to buy an M1 carbine with a paratrooper wire stock).

However some STATES require you measure with the stock folded/collapesd (notably MI and CA).

Yup!
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 12:38:59 PM EST
Wheew, that's good. So they measure with the stock extended, thank God, I though I had a SBR there for a miniute and was in the process of shiting my pants. I've got enough U.S. parts in the gun to put a folder on it and then when I folded it and it was just over 24" I started to freak out. Man, I wish we didn't have to put up with such stupid laws, it'd sure save a lot of headaches and sweating over "legal" and "illegal". Thanks for the answer.
Top Top