Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/12/2005 12:50:46 PM EDT
You mentioned in the previously locked thread that you are Anglican. You seem to be quite firm on Christian doctrine, thus I thought I would ask you for your thoughts on the Anglican church's position on homosexuality. (If I remember correctly, it was the Anglican church that recently ordained a homosexual bishop and there is talk of some American churches placing themselves under different authority...)

I am just curious what your take on the matter is.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 1:03:37 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
You mentioned in the previously locked thread that you are Anglican. You seem to be quite firm on Christian doctrine, thus I thought I would ask you for your thoughts on the Anglican church's position on homosexuality. (If I remember correctly, it was the Anglican church that recently ordained a homosexual bishop and there is talk of some American churches placing themselves under different authority...)

I am just curious what your take on the matter is.

I'm 100% against the ordination of homosexual priests.  I'm shocked that
it's happening, especially when it's such a clear sin, that's one that's
very well documented.

Short un-PC version is that is pisses me off to no end.  I expect there to be a split
in both the Lutheran and Episcopal churches over that issue within the next
year or so, and I'm actually hoping that happens.   The diocese that ordain these
folks need to be cut off from the funds completely.

At the moment I'm attending a Lutheran Church.
I was Episcopal, but they have gone totally wacko over there... it's unfortunate
that what should be such a simple issue is tearing the church apart.

The spilt of those 2 groups was mainly started by the homosexual ordination thing.

George Carey the former Archbishop of Canterbury, said this recently talking
about the issue.  I think this makes most sense of anything I've read.

No one is stopping homosexuals from being full members of the Church. But the Bible is quite clear. There are only two lifestyles that are acceptable: one is marriage and the other is celibacy in singleness. I believe in Christ. Christ offers transformation of the personality and healing. We have in Britain the Freedom Trust, which is an organization led by homosexuals. They believe in celibacy and singleness. That would be my argument.

At the moment the rest of the Anglican world is preparing to remove those groups in the US
that are ordaining practicing homosexuals from the world Communion.  After that I would expect
the Episcopal Church in the USA to split in two.   At that time I hope to be able
to rejoin the Episcopal Church and stay in Communion with other Anglicans. At the moment
I am not able to do that in good faith.

ETA:   Well, today the Lutheran Church voted 503 to 490 to not allow the ordination of
homosexual priests, so I will stay a Lutheran a little longer.  
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 8:41:46 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
.........  I expect there to be a split in both the Lutheran and Episcopal churches over that issue within the next  year or so.......

The Lutheran church is already split so many ways.  The Wisconsin, and the Missouri Synods are against homosexuality so there won't be any rift there.  However, ELCA is pretty liberal so I can see homosexuality creeping in there very soon.  

Any ELCA members can please correct me if I am wrong.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top