Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 3/29/2006 3:55:27 AM EDT
Ok, here's the deal

back in aug of '03 I was diagnosed with anxiety, put me on paxil CR, dealt with that stuff till March of '05. been free and clear of any medication/issues associated with anxiety since then.

Am I going to flunk my medical and be disqualified?
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 6:50:35 AM EDT
bump for the lunch crew
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 7:52:48 AM EDT
First, you need to be very, very clear on the details and get all the info BEFORE you EVER talk to an AME about your physical. There are some real traps in the process.

That said, I'm not the expert, but I know that if you are currently on any of the 'Mood Altering' drugs, no physical. Since you are off them and have been for a while, you should be good to go, but they will likely want a thorough history from your prescribing/diagnosing physician.

There are several places to get more info, AOPA has a Medical advisory service. EAA may have one also. You should join both anyway if you aren't already a member.

The biggest thing, and the reason to get it all clear before you start: DON'T LIE! EVER! They now are starting to cross-reference lots of information and there are currently operations ongoing (notably in Colorado) where they are going back and violating people who lied (by omission usually) on their earlier Medicals. Even just forgetting to list something can be construed as a violation, and if you do it intentionally you can actually face CRIMINAL CHARGES!

And remember, once you list it, you must list it on EVERY MEDICAL for the REST OF YOUR LIFE! I always get a copy of my medical so that next time I know what I had previously put down.

I hope others have more information for you on the medical aspects, i.e. time since last prescribed, etc.

Futuristic
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 8:11:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/29/2006 8:18:28 AM EDT by captwn]
Most likely you'll have no problem with getting medically requalified. Here's an excellent source for help and information:

www.aviationmedicine.com

You might also want to read this:

www.aviationmedicine.com/medications
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 11:34:15 AM EDT
Doc said since it was so old, that it was not an issue at all.

I am now a certified student pilot with a brand-new class III medical!!!
w00t

once I can get off the inactive list in 3 months, I will have all the monies I need to learn to fly through my company flight club. 59 an hour for one of our 172s and 25 an hour for my instructor. All times based off wet tach time instead of Hobbs. w00t
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 11:37:24 AM EDT
Tach time would be nice.
Top Top