Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/23/2001 12:15:01 PM EDT
Does anyone know what the small lever is for on a Benelli M3 Super 90 located next to the trigger guard (on the right side of the receiver)? It has a red dot on it. I am assuming it has something to do with the pump/auto feature.

Thanks,
SC

[img]http://photos.onebigvillage.com/pubimage.asp?id_=27609[/img]
Link Posted: 7/23/2001 1:38:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Don’t know about M3’s; on semi-auto M-1’s it feeds a round from the magazine onto the carrier.  With M-1’s, manually cycling the action does not automatically drop a round on the carrier.  Rather, a round is dropped only when the trigger is pulled or when that tab is pushed.  For some inexplicable reason, the tab also toggles the bolt catch so it will work (kinda hard to explain).
Link Posted: 7/23/2001 2:26:35 PM EDT
[#2]
199 is correct, may I add when the red dot is showing the hammer is cocked.

The pump/auto feature is controled by a ring on the end of the pump fore grip.
Link Posted: 7/23/2001 9:42:42 PM EDT
[#3]
I think it is hammer cocked and that the round catch is activated (to prevent a round from slipping out onto the carrier). I think if you push it up it releases the carrier so you can add a special round or top off the rounds in the tube. I spent many nights trying to figure out all the special features in the manual, but the best learning I had was at the range. Basically if you load the mag tube and cycle a round, then put on safe your good to go, and all the special features work on their own. This is what I remember and take it only as hear-say and read the MANUAL.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top