Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 2/26/2007 9:38:57 AM EST
In high volume electronics there are circuit boards with the common components (like SMT caps, resistors, inductors, transistors...). You also sometimes see a bump of what looks like epoxy, covering .... something.

It looks like there is a custom circuit under there, and it usually has some logic functions judging from the inputs and outputs. Many of these kinds of circuits are for domestic, low tolerance devices with digital user interfaces.

What is the industry term for these, and any other info would be much appreciated.
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 9:40:53 AM EST
its a simple microprocessor.
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 10:20:33 AM EST
[Last Edit: 3/1/2007 7:28:16 AM EST by TheNorm]

Originally Posted By gaspain:
its a simple microprocessor.

why is it potted with epoxy, and not an SMT chip or something?

ETA: or is it an smt chip with potting over it for thermal or RF reasons...?
Top Top