Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/2/2001 11:37:19 AM EDT
I live in the E. Valley in Gilbert and the Rio-Salado range is located at 8 mi. north from me but I'm tired of shooting paper and wearing glasses there. Where can I go legally in the area and shoot in the desert the gun and the AR-15 at ranges of up to 500 yards.?
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 5:48:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Anyone left in Az.?
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 5:53:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes, my son. do you want to go shooting this sunday?  me and Lotboy have a fat collection of rifle gongs and we shoot out to 300 yards. we could get out to 500 if you want. what do you say, cheif?  we live in tempe/mesa and drive up the beeline highway a little bit and shoot in a huge sand wash.
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 5:54:46 PM EDT
[#3]
West of Phoenix toward the White Tank Mountains used to work for me when I lived there.
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 5:55:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Oh, yeah. i forgot the flag.

[img]www.wilsoninfo.com/arizonaCx_c.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 9:10:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Yo Dacon!

I'm in the East Valley too!  There's "the pit" just past Rio Salado.

Take US60 out to Ellsworth and go North just like going to Rio Salado.  Just past Rio Salado about 1/4-1/2 mile when you start your way down on a sweeping right-hand corner the hill will be a wide spot on the West side of the road.  If it's Saturday morning, you'll see a bunch of cars parked there.  If you find yourself reaching the Bush highway (where they have the parking lot for tubing on the river) then you've gone too far by quite a ways.

Park at the wide spot, grab your gear and walk through the open space in the fence up the dirt road a hundred yards or so and you see it.

Obviously there's no range master, but you can practice different skills if you want.  There's a ton of trash up there, I try not to leave anything behind. The Boy Scouts went up and cleaned it once.

Cell phone coverage is sketchy up there, so take a lesson from the movie [b]Silverado[/b] and be sure never to shoot your gun completely dry in case some two-legged varmint is around.

I haven't been up in a bit, but I try to go on a weekday morning when there's usually nobody else there.

As you can tell, they're building houses like crazy in that area, so it won't be too long before the county starts clamping down on those places too.

- Robbie
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 4:47:30 AM EDT
[#6]
... Robbie, The "PIT" was closed down this summer.

... I have a couple fantastic spots I go but I don't wanna say on the Internet.

... E-mail me I'll give directions
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 4:52:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
... I'm tired of ... wearing glasses there.
View Quote

Knucklehead, you need to ALWAYS wear glasses while shooting!

... Only time I can forgive this rule is during combat or while placing the single shot through the elk's heart.
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 4:57:23 PM EDT
[#8]
MY RULES!
1  never glasses.
2  never look through the sights. Shoot short handed.

For those of you than never shot for real ask the ones that did.
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 5:12:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
MY RULES!
1  never glasses.

View Quote

you'll let us know then when we need to take up a collection for your eye transplant operation, won't ya?

edited to add, i hope you don't teach people safety rules.
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 5:27:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
MY RULES!
1  never glasses.

View Quote

Don't ever shoot at a 600 yard target when I'm within 3 miles of you.  thanx.
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 5:35:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
MY RULES!
1  never glasses.

View Quote

... I take back my offer
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 8:02:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
... Robbie, The "PIT" was closed down this summer.
View Quote

Bah!  I miss one staff meeting...

It doesn't seem like that long since I was there, but now that I think about it, my daughter is now 4 months old, and I haven't been since she's been born...so yeah...I haven't been this summer...Wow!  I remember when I used to shoot almost daily!

- Robbie

Link Posted: 10/3/2001 8:04:09 PM EDT
[#13]
Come on Winston.....I need a new place to shoot. Ever since they closed the Nat Forest, I have to go up by Sycamore Creek. I need a good spot close to the East valley.....BTW I always wear glassed.
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 8:06:07 PM EDT
[#14]
All of BullDog canyon was closed to "target Shooting" you can still hunt back there.
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 8:16:35 PM EDT
[#15]
ARLady since you are such an asshole (general term since I don't know your gender) this is WHAT I WHISH YOU:

-  come face to face with a violent person that is meaning you harm and GOD DAMN YOU IF YOU SHOOT UNLESS YOU HAVE THE EYE PROTECTION, EAR PROTECTION, ETC.

I can not believe you people being so brain-washed regarding bullshit rules. So what if I don't want to wear stupid glases. Its MY problem and if something happens it happens to ME.
You follow rules no matter if thay make sense or not...they are the rules!

No wander that THEY took YOUR planes and crashed in YOUR buildings armed with knives ONLY.
EVERYBODY followed the rules and moved in the back of the airplain without a single question...following the rules...

"Land of the Free..." bullshit!
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 9:34:33 PM EDT
[#16]
Wearing glasses or earmuffs for that matter is your choice.  You don't want to?  You go for it.  

Everyone else is free to think you are an idiot if you shoot without them.

Bad guy at hand, I probably won't have either.  On the range, I have both.

No problems with that logic I trust?
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 10:34:06 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
ARLady since you are such an asshole (general term since I don't know your gender) this is WHAT I WHISH YOU:

-  come face to face with a violent person that is meaning you harm and GOD DAMN YOU IF YOU SHOOT UNLESS YOU HAVE THE EYE PROTECTION, EAR PROTECTION, ETC.

I can not believe you people being so brain-washed regarding bullshit rules. So what if I don't want to wear stupid glases. Its MY problem and if something happens it happens to ME.

No wander that THEY took YOUR planes and crashed in YOUR buildings armed with knives ONLY.
EVERYBODY followed the rules and moved in the back of the airplain without a single question...following the rules...

"Land of the Free..." bullshit!
View Quote

[size=2]... So [b]Dacon[/b], We see that your not really from Arizona.
Just exactly where are you typing from?
Guessing by your spelling and grammar I'd say your mommies' P/C when she's not supervising you.
Maybe somewhere in France?
P.S. I did have exceptions to the rule you obviously didn't read.

... Right?[/size=2]
Link Posted: 10/4/2001 8:38:04 PM EDT
[#18]
WAR TIME !

1-Italian born but grew up in NEW YORK SHITY (not French! but Italian type that shoots 5 times around the mouth...)

2-I jusy asked for a place to shoot not for a fucking preaching lesson.

3-The advantage of being by-national is that when I'm surrounded by the idiots I can switch sides.

4-Nekkid80 I hope that your IQ is not equal with the caliber you shoot...what has to do  me with wearing or not goggles with you being 3 miles away ?

5-I always respect the 4 rules of shooting nothing more:
    a)-treat all weapons as being loaded.
    b)-never point a weapon to somebody unless in self defense.
    c)-always point the weapon in a safe direstion.
    d)-when shooting always check behind the target.

Any fucking body has any fucking problems with that ? You want glasses...I got your fucking glasses right here...(excuse my NY French)

Now let's have a beer...
Link Posted: 10/4/2001 9:09:27 PM EDT
[#19]
Now let's have a beer...
View Quote

Nope, can't have a beer until you put on a helmet...

*runs away*
Link Posted: 10/5/2001 12:22:06 PM EDT
[#20]
What the hell are you talking about...they don't make helmets THAT small!
Link Posted: 10/5/2001 2:34:48 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

since it's so effing obvious that i'm female (what part of lady do you not understand?) i believe the word you really wish to be using is bitch.

View Quote

are you that stupid that you don't know the difference between taking responsibility for your own safety by following safety rules when target shooting or practicing and defending yourself against an immediate and immminent danger?  no shit sherlock, i won't be looking for the safety glasses if i have to defend myself.  but i sure as hell will not knowingly violate a [b]BASIC[/b] safety procedure just because you think the rule is stupid.  i happen to like the sense of sight.  makes it a hell of a lot easier to find the target when i can [b]see it[/b].

is that what you think?  that we wear safety glasses because somebody says it's a safety RULE?  then you're an even bigger fidiot than i thought.  at first i thought it was just plain ignorance behind not wearing safety glasses.  has it ever occurred to you that we, being forward-thinking individuals, have decided that the risk is not worth taking.  we value what we have and do not want to lose it, so we take the proper precautions.  simple as that.  ain't got jackshit to do with any freakin' [i]rule[/].

View Quote

gimme a freakin' break.  are you that hard up for something to attack me with that you have to bastardize the events of last month, and in so doing, belittle the lives of the people who died?  i'm freakin' well aware of the general attitude of the populace as a whole.  and i think it has little to do with the common sense actions of people to protect their body when target shooting.

by the way, i just thought that you'd like to know i also wear my seatbelt and if i rode a motorcycle, i'd wear a helmet too.  not because my state passed a law saying i have to, but because i value my life enough to protect it with whatever means available.  this just happens to include seatbelts, helmets, and yes, safety glasses.
Link Posted: 10/5/2001 5:59:44 PM EDT
[#22]
You forgot the most important thing in your well protected life !

...what about a CONDOM...
Link Posted: 10/5/2001 7:39:33 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
WAR TIME!

2.never look through the sights. shoot short handed.  

4-Nekkid80 I hope that your IQ is not equal with the caliber you shoot...what has to do  me with wearing or not goggles with you being 3 miles away ?

View Quote

I have enough trouble shooting 600yards with custom A2 sights.  I shoot Expert scores at that said distance.

Not to mention your #2 rule NOT looking through the sights.  Which would be dangerous.

Name calling will get you nowhere.......Bacon.

go away.
Link Posted: 10/5/2001 7:57:45 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:
MY RULES!
1  never glasses.

*2  never look through the sights. Shoot short handed.*

View Quote

Don't ever shoot at a 600 yard target when I'm within 3 miles of you.  thanx.
View Quote

*IQ?

To refresh your memory.[rolleyes]

Link Posted: 10/6/2001 5:12:38 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
You forgot the most important thing in your well protected life !

...what about a CONDOM...
View Quote

that too!  but i'm not the one that needs to worry about passing stupidty on to the next generation!
Link Posted: 10/6/2001 5:32:18 PM EDT
[#26]
...itchy...
  ...lock...
      ...finger.....

[V]

This thread started out fine. WTF happened??

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top