Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/27/2006 7:42:52 AM EDT
Will UPS just leave your stuff laying in the hallway or what? Also if its the kind of place that has the main door always locked & the delivery requires a signature how does that work? Do you always end up having to retrieve it yourself from ups?
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 7:44:32 AM EDT
[#1]
My experience in apartments with central offices is that if you don't answer to sign, then they will leave the package at the mail room in the central office.

However, there have been many times when they just left the package at my front door.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 7:47:18 AM EDT
[#2]
UPS is not supposed to release a package at an Apartment Building.

All apartment Packages must be signed for.

IM Inbound to Huntergren.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 7:48:02 AM EDT
[#3]
I let the office know I am expecting a package and they will sign for it and hold it until I get home.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 7:53:07 AM EDT
[#4]
The UPS guy here signs for the package, the signature reads "Door" and then leaves it at someone else's front door.

For next day air packages, same thing, unless you're home at catch him leaving it at the door.  Then he has you sign it and complains about how next day air packages screw up his route.

He's a real winner.  

Link Posted: 1/27/2006 7:56:41 AM EDT
[#5]
they usually leave a postit that they were there and will only make 3 attempts to deliver then you have to go pick it up yourself from the delivery center.fu grammernazies!
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 7:57:04 AM EDT
[#6]
When I lived in an apartment UPS and Fedex would always leave packages at the front office and I would pick them up after work.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 8:01:43 AM EDT
[#7]
Where I am they don’t leave it at your door, they leave a note that they will try to deliver it the next day. There’s a number you can call and they will hold it at the UPS office and you can come by to sign for it. That works but it’s a bit of a pain. I considered myself lucky that I just caught the UPS guy when he came to deliver an ammunition order recently.

Usually I have my stuff delivered to my brother’s house and pick it up there. But, considering how he feels about firearms I didn’t want to have my ammo delivered to his house… He would have probably run it all through his AR-15 and then told me by shipment of empty brass was in.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top