Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/19/2006 2:36:21 PM EDT
I dont have one and havent found the use for one yet, But I have noticed that no one seems to use VFG's like the ARMS quick detach pistol grip VFG.

Is it that a more verticle rounded style has better ergonomics and is easier to control the weapon from more angles.

Is the ARMS VGF less useful because its angle matches the pistol grip on the weapon?

It does seem as though virtually no one uses the ARMS VFG I never see it in any picture post.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 2:37:14 PM EDT
[#1]
The magwell works fine for me.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 3:22:39 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
The magwell works fine for me.

While I can appreciate that, it is nothing to do with the question, thanks for playing anyway.  No door prize for you.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 4:32:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Here's mine.
I like it a lot, and I think the grip angle works for me.
The older versions used a cut-down pistol grip.  This newer version uses an additional spacer and an original, unmodified grip to make the angle work.  The A2 finger groove is a little strange, since I cannot bring my hand up to index my pointer finger at the top of the grip (Insight M3 prevents this).  I've mounted mine about one or two slots farther forward than most VFGs that I've seen, but it works.

Also notice that the angle is somewhat less than the rear pistol grip.

Link Posted: 2/22/2006 5:26:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Anyone have an opinion?
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 2:28:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Anyone
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 2:30:33 PM EDT
[#6]
I have the ARMS grip and I like it, works just fine for me.

I do tend to like the straight grips a little better though.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 2:32:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Love mine. I replaced the regular A2 grip with a stowaway grip.

I have large hands and the stowaway grip feels better to me.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 2:37:55 PM EDT
[#8]
I've got a round VFG and prefer it over the pistol grip.  The're easier to get a comfortable grip on at different angles and easier to swivel the gun around by.  The magwell or regular pistol grip can't do those things as well.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 2:42:11 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Love mine. I replaced the regular A2 grip with a stowaway grip.

img.photobucket.com/albums/v492/Bamashooter/644e76ba.jpg

I have large hands and the stowaway grip feels better to me.

uber tactical.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top