Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/28/2012 4:38:33 AM EDT
I understand that your lawmakers are trying to impose a ban on a large number of firearms in the USA.
I have read some articles on this website and on the website of the NRA.

My questions are:

If this proposed ban will be passed as law, what exactly would that imply?

Is the following correct?

You can keep your AR15's but when you die, the government will get them?

No more AR15's will be manufactured in the USA?

You can't buy a new AR15?

You can't sell them to anyone?

The ban is not a direct concern for me, we have even stricter laws here, but I hate to see you guys lose your rifles.

On the long run it will be bad for me, too. Prices of parts probably will go up, so that is not good for me either.

Greetings from an AR15 owner overseas...
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 4:42:53 AM EDT
[#1]
First, thanks for caring at all. Many don't.

At this point it is pure speculation of the verbage. We have some things that have been introduced, but at this point we don't know what it will be. It will not be good, whatever happens.

But yes, based on Feinstein's bill, you are correct.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 4:45:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Hard to answer your questions in that there has been no ban legislation moved forward at this point. There may not even be any ban legislation passed; it's just speculation at this point.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 4:52:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Nothing is certain, the fight has just began.  I will be writing my congressman/senators to vote against any AWB, it is the least I can do while I live overseas.  I don't want to come home from China to find my second amendment rights stripped away.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 4:58:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Essentially the left wants a Canadian style "grandfathered owner" idea where the guns are tied to 1 or 2 generations, then 'disposed of', probably in an English/Canadian style of government destruction.

Coupled with hype and scary talk.

The left knows that a majority of gun owners are "casual shooters" and will go along with any registration/restrictions.  There's folks on here who don't even own one Ar15.

Like. California is a good example of the left's ideas.  Restrictive laws, scary penalties help get other gun owners to "self-JBT" and do the gov's job.   You'll be asked to leave a lot of shooting ranges in California, and get very eyeballed at other anti-2nd states if you show up with a 'scary black rifle'.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 4:58:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Here's another one. I'm not gonna comply. The state or feds don't have the money or resources to go after me. All they can do is say they're illegal and wait for me to get caught with one.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top