Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/30/2005 1:12:49 PM EDT
It's a big oil rig looking thingy that they tow out to an oil rig and the workers live in it, up to 400 people.
Say you live on this thing and its in international waters. Whats to stop you from bringing the parts out to make your rifle full auto and tossing them before you go home.
Blasting 50 gallon drums on you time seems like a good way to pass the time to me.

I'm sure your employer wouldnt aggree but nevermind him in this scenario.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 1:24:54 PM EDT
[#1]
The only time I ever shot an Mp5 was off the back deck of a container ship 60 miles off the coast of Djibouti. It was explained to me that a foreign registered ship can have defensive weapons and even come into port with them in the US as long as they weren't part of the offloaded cargo.

It's what I was told. Could be BS.

Link Posted: 8/30/2005 1:27:35 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
The only time I ever shot an Mp5 was off the back deck of a container ship 60 miles off the coast of Djibouti. It was explained to me that a foreign registered ship can have defensive weapons and even come into port with them in the US as long as they weren't part of the offloaded cargo.

It's what I was told. Could be BS.

Yep. US Registered ships can too, they just have to acquire them elsewhere if they can't acquire them at home, and they have to be in bonded stores (sealed storage, under captain's security and we're not taking a cabletie on a footlocker, we're talking secure) when entering ports where they're not locally allowed.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 1:28:46 PM EDT
[#3]
They have gambling ships here in Florida that go 12 miles so it's legal to gamble, why not have 'machine gun ships' that do the same thing? Have all the questionable parts carried out in a small lauch that meets the big ship outside twelve miles.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top