Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/23/2005 7:37:55 AM EDT
I heard that as you achieve a certain rank in the Free Masons that they use some sort of goggles or glasses to reveal certain truths.  I also heard this on Myth Busters.

Does anybody know what these goggles or glasses are called....I remember something like "Glasses of Truth"

What truths do they reveal?  That aliens exist?  Who really killed Kennedy?  
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 7:43:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Oh boy, you brought up the Masons.  5 pages.  Where's my popcorn?  MJD
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 7:44:48 AM EDT
[#2]
IBTA(rowneragain)

Link Posted: 9/23/2005 7:48:56 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I heard that as you achieve a certain rank in the Free Masons that they use some sort of goggles or glasses to reveal certain truths.  I also heard this on Myth Busters.

Does anybody know what these goggles or glasses are called....I remember something like "Glasses of Truth"

What truths do they reveal?  That aliens exist?  Who really killed Kennedy?  

In a nutshell, NONE.

(Deuteronomy 29:29)

Link Posted: 9/23/2005 7:50:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Now it's IBTETH
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 7:51:27 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
IBTA(rowneragain)

8 seconds, well done......

btw, 5 pages, then to the pit for another 5
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 7:52:43 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Now it's IBTETH

What's the hurry?

He'll write 10 pages and dig up pictures of shriners carrying sick children.

(he'll probably skip over the pictures and reports of shriners harassing waitresses, but that's another story)

-arowner(knowsacult/falsereligionwhenheseesone)again
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 7:55:09 AM EDT
[#7]
I need to look up one of those WWII propoganda pics of Adolph with the kids as photoshop fodder for this topic.

"See... they can't be all bad if they've posed in a pic with little children."

Link Posted: 9/23/2005 7:55:09 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
IBTA(rowneragain)

Nah.

I'm not posting anything in the pit.

And arguiing with Eric is useless.

He doesn't want to be right - he wants to win - and will never give up.

Hopefully, the thread will be locked before page 5 anyway.

If someone wants to do this thread why not just do an archive search for the dozen or so from the last year?

Or why not just go to ephesians511.com and read the truth?

Link Posted: 9/23/2005 7:56:48 AM EDT
[#9]
Boy, has this been done before.

If they do claim to have glasses like that, I wouldn't buy stock in that technology.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 1:03:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Go ahead and be stupid.  All the Masons on here could tell you it ain't true and you wouldn't believe.  Then again we could tell you it was true and you wouldn't believe.

You have the right to be stupid in public.  You appear to be exercising that right as are others and I'm sure others will.  What do YOU think?

Oh that's right we had this mystery technology back when George Washington was President and before, and we successfully kept the news hidden as to why we actually beat the British.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 1:25:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Yeah, I've heard of those glasses, they are special glasses they wear at their factories where they make Masonite boards. I'm pretty sure that's what they use them for.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 1:29:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Popcorn - Check
Soda - Check
Comfortable Seat - Check

ok we're good to go, let the show begin.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 1:37:15 PM EDT
[#13]
And away we go!
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 1:40:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 8:08:06 PM EDT
[#15]
btt,

haha...any REAL answers?
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 8:15:39 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I heard that as you achieve a certain rank in the Free Masons that they use some sort of goggles or glasses to reveal certain truths.  I also heard this on Myth Busters...

No, we don't use anything like that.  No magic/sorcery, etc. - real or imagined.

I don't rank Mythbusters very on the credibility scale.

cookie

Master Mason, A.F & A.M.
32º Scottish Rite Mason
Shriner
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 8:16:42 PM EDT
[#17]
"Your cult sucks, mine is better!"
"Is not!"
"Is too!"

Such is arfcom.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 8:17:39 PM EDT
[#18]
They worship the Devil.

ETA: Thought you said MaNsons as in Charlie Manson.
Post still applies.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 8:19:50 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
They worship the Devil...

Yeah, that's me all right.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 8:49:59 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 9:54:15 PM EDT
[#21]
I think they built my house
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 9:58:38 PM EDT
[#22]
They do a good job with basements from what I see.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 9:58:56 PM EDT
[#23]
I heard that they eat babies!

Or was it heal babies?
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 10:01:32 PM EDT
[#24]
2B1ASK1

Link Posted: 9/25/2005 10:03:40 PM EDT
[#25]
What, no pics of baphoment?

This ain't a masonry thread without Baphomet pics!!!
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 12:32:41 AM EDT
[#26]
Didn't Joseph Smith use some kind of special glasses to read the "golden tablets"??
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 12:54:15 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

(Deuteronomy 29:29)

still faith.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 3:08:13 AM EDT
[#28]
You mean something like those glasses that Nickolus Cage used in National Treasures??  That was a good movie.

Seriously, though, There's no special glasses or goggles.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 3:39:16 AM EDT
[#29]
Ze goggles! Zey do nossing!
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 3:50:27 AM EDT
[#30]
You need to ask using the secret word.
psst...."Mahabone," but don't tell anyone I told you.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 4:01:17 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Mahabone, my friend. Wow, that's something I haven't heard in a loooooooong time.
Oh, yeah,

ALL HAIL THE FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTER!!
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 4:19:35 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
they reveal the truth of what really happened to the USS Liberty. they are needed to veiw the "scroll of truth".

the sacred scroll of thruth is defended by marpat wearing zombies toting airsoft guns. on the 1st full moon of the month the masons sneak out at night with maglights hoping to hit the zombies in the head. the resulting tone of the bashing opens the gate to the cave where the scrolls are stored. Once in side they quickly loot the cave.

hope this helps

mike

After reading the first line I knew I'd better put my coffee cup down before reading the rest of this post!  

Basic spew prevention techniques.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 4:29:05 AM EDT
[#33]
I'm just a lowly MM and never heard about the special glasses.....are these the one's where you can see womens underwear? I got gyped.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 4:31:16 AM EDT
[#34]
OJNTSA

Go rent the movie National Treasure. It' will explain everything.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 4:38:51 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Mahabone, my friend. Wow, that's something I haven't heard in a loooooooong time.
Oh, yeah,

ALL HAIL THE FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTER!!

Say hello to Ron, Ron, Fez and Retard Eddie for me.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 4:43:04 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

I think it's "Ma-ha-ra-ha-bone," but could be wrong about that. As long as you make that "slitting the throat" sign, I think it still works.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 4:54:38 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think it's "Ma-ha-ra-ha-bone," but could be wrong about that. As long as you make that "slitting the throat" sign, I think it still works.

You could be right...it has been a while.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 5:26:17 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Now it's IBTETH

What's the hurry?

There should be no need to hurry.

I am Eternal.

As is everyone here.

And we have an Eternity to answer for the choices that we make in our lives.

Take your time and make your points cogently, and you'll have no trouble from me.

Talk about some Shriners who gave some adult female waitresses some trouble, and I'll go fetch one of those countless stories of a Priest/Minister/Choir Director who couldn't keep his hands off...little boys.

He'll write 10 pages and dig up pictures of shriners carrying sick children.

No need to dig them up....they are everywhere to be seen.

Just visit one of the 22 Shriner/Scottish Rite Children's Hospitals in this Country doing the Lord's Work, talk to a few of the parents whose children are receiving the very best medical treatment that money can buy, and then ask anyone of them to show you the bill that they receive at the end of their child's treatment.

An experience such as that would likely shut any Christian's mouth.....

But then you really have to be a Christian in order for such matters to make an eternal impact.

(he'll probably skip over the pictures and reports of shriners harassing waitresses, but that's another story)

I tell you what, you post your stories about Shriners and I'll post stories about Priests and Ministers and Choir Directors....

Guess who will run out of stories faster!

What do those lurid stories say about Christianity? Huh?

Not a damn thing, Brother. Not a Blessed thing, either.

Son, you'd better find another game to play.

You're no good at this one!

-arowner(doesn'tknowhiswholesalefromhisretail....)again

From St. Paul....

Now the end of the commandment is charity out of a pure heart, and of a good conscience, and of faith unfeigned:

[That is what I have found in Masonry]

From which some having swerved have turned aside unto vain jangling.
1 Timothy 1: 5-6

That is what I have found in some folk's on this Board...'vain jangling.'

Eric The(ForCharityShallCoverAMultitudeOfSins~1Peter4:8)Hun
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 5:28:35 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
IBTA(rowneragain)

Nah.

If someone wants to do this thread why not just do an archive search for the dozen or so from the last year?

the "truth" is subjective..
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 6:01:12 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
Go ahead and be stupid.  All the Masons on here could tell you it ain't true and you wouldn't believe.  Then again we could tell you it was true and you wouldn't believe.

You have the right to be stupid in public.  You appear to be exercising that right as are others and I'm sure others will.  What do YOU think?

Oh that's right we had this mystery technology back when George Washington was President and before, and we successfully kept the news hidden as to why we actually beat the British.

PaDanby, I either never knew you were a Mason, or I'd forgotten that you were!

Greetings from East Fork Lodge No. 650, A.F.& A.M., in Wylie, Texas!

Eric The(SeniorSteward)Hun
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 8:57:31 AM EDT
[#41]
Hello Mr. Hun. I am glad to see some fellow Masons here. I am a newbie to ARFCOM so I have yet to see the other Masonic posts.

Michael (E.A) Austin Lodge 12 A.F.A.M
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 9:21:55 AM EDT
[#42]
I am reminded of a personal experience with a Mason:

Years ago I was at a pool hall shooting a few games and drinking a few pitchers. Anyway we go up to the bar to get some healthy pool hall food and this little frail old guy is sitting there drinking vodka straight up. It was my friend's neighbor and he had just got out of jail for stealing another guys electric wheelchair and driving it through town drunk, but that's anotehr story. Anyway after a couple of minutes out of no were the exchange between him and I went something like this:

(Taps me on the shoulder)
Old guy: "Are you a Mason"
Me: "Excuse me"
Old guy: " You heard me, are you a Mason"
(I thought he meant a bricklayer, I didn't know)
Me: "No, I'm in the Coast Guard"
Old guy: "What in the hell is that supposed to mean, you got something against masons"
Old guy: "You boys want me to tell you about being a Mason"
Me: "It looks like a lot of hard work (bricklaying I'm thinking) I'm not really interested"
Old Guy: "Well you know Jesus was a mason don't you"
Me: (Laughing)  "Bullshit, I thought Jesus was a carpenter"

The old guy lost it and came after me. Another guy there grabbed him and put him back on his barstool. My buddy knew exactly what he was talking about because he had heard it from him before but he just let me run with it and he thought the little old guy chasing he  me around a table was the funniest shit he had ever seen. That's my only experience with a Mason  
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 9:55:48 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
I am reminded of a personal experience with a Mason:

Years ago I was at a pool hall shooting a few games and drinking a few pitchers. Anyway we go up to the bar to get some healthy pool hall food and this little frail old guy is sitting there drinking vodka straight up. It was my friend's neighbor and he had just got out of jail for stealing another guys electric wheelchair and driving it through town drunk, but that's anotehr story. Anyway after a couple of minutes out of no were the exchange between him and I went something like this:

(Taps me on the shoulder)
Old guy: "Are you a Mason"
Me: "Excuse me"
Old guy: " You heard me, are you a Mason"
(I thought he meant a bricklayer, I didn't know)
Me: "No, I'm in the Coast Guard"
Old guy: "What in the hell is that supposed to mean, you got something against masons"
Old guy: "You boys want me to tell you about being a Mason"
Me: "It looks like a lot of hard work (bricklaying I'm thinking) I'm not really interested"
Old Guy: "Well you know Jesus was a mason don't you"
Me: (Laughing)  "Bullshit, I thought Jesus was a carpenter"

The old guy lost it and came after me. Another guy there grabbed him and put him back on his barstool. My buddy knew exactly what he was talking about because he had heard it from him before but he just let me run with it and he thought the little old guy chasing he  me around a table was the funniest shit he had ever seen. That's my only experience with a Mason  

That's freakin' hilarious!

I must admit I know little about the Masons. When I was in the funeral business I worked with a guy that was one, and a lot of times our "customers" were Masons. My coworker wouldn't talk about what they did or what it was about, he'd only refute statements my supervisor used to say about Masons (Devil worshippers, etc.).

I just want to know what that thing is that looks like a little BBQ apron.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 10:07:47 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
Didn't Joseph Smith use some kind of special glasses to read the "golden tablets"??

Nope he used the Urum and Thrummin as described in the Old Testament.  

Now if you would please stop trying to stir crap up, I would like to learn more about the masons, and seeing as how their threads are trolled almost as heavily (if not just as heavily) as LDS threads, I will ahve limited time to do it before some assclown gets this locked
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 10:33:19 AM EDT
[#45]
What is it that you want to know??? I may be able to answer some of the basic questions.

Tinstar
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 10:35:35 AM EDT
[#46]
Put a Mason Jar over each eye like goggles.  Then read the constitution.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 10:35:48 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
IBTA(rowneragain)

Nah.

the "truth" is subjective..

Sorry, no.  To be a true Christian, I.E. believer and Follower of Christ, You are bound to an absolute truth, as stated in the Bible.  That is the escence of faith in any thing.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 10:39:33 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
What is it that you want to know??? I may be able to answer some of the basic questions.

Tinstar

I have a question that is off topic.  

What do the freemasons do? There is a local place I have driven by for years that is there meeting place and they're symbol is there and sometimes quite a few cars.  I have only heard about them through posts like this one.

what do free masons do? what is the point? Any benefits? Religious organization? do they help the poor?   Please enlighten the uninformed.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 10:50:52 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nope he used the Urum and Thrummin as described in the Old Testament.  

Now if you would please stop trying to stir crap up, I would like to learn more about the masons, and seeing as how their threads are trolled almost as heavily (if not just as heavily) as LDS threads, I will ahve limited time to do it before some assclown gets this locked

Me, stir crap up?  I only got 487 hits when I googled "joseph smith""special glasses"  Urum and Thrummin also are mentioned in some of the linked sites.  Now maybe the Church will only accept that as doctrine, but the rest of the world seems to have no trouble with the "special glasses" phrase which even some Mormon sites compare Urum and Thrummin to.   And since "glasses" were part of the original post, it seemed worth bringing the other reference in, if only to make sure Epsilon was not confusing one controversial group with another.  

Now if you want to read about Masons, look for a copy of "Born in Blood" by John J. Robinson. My local library had it.   I'm sure a lot of it is disputed by the Masons, you'll have to sort it out yourself, but it is very interesting nonetheless.    

BTW,  "They Live!!"
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 10:55:27 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Tinstar

I have a question that is off topic.  

What do the freemasons do? There is a local place I have driven by for years that is there meeting place and they're symbol is there and sometimes quite a few cars.  I have only heard about them through posts like this one.

what do free masons do? what is the point? Any benefits? Religious organization? do they help the poor?   Please enlighten the uninformed.

Luxan,
Next time you see the cars in front of the Lodge go in and ask!  You will find a very friendly welcome.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top