Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/21/2013 1:46:32 PM EDT
I was told today that if a person purchases a firearm from a dealer or individual and then sales that firearm on the same day, the person could be arrested for dealing without a license or conducting a straw purchase. I call bs on this because I believe a person could purchase a firearm, have buyer's remorse, and sale said firearm in the same day. I am not aware of a law that says this is illegal. Could someone who is aware of the law please let me know about this. Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 1:51:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 2:40:37 PM EDT
[#2]
I can't find anything specific in the statutes, so I thought maybe someone here would know.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 2:41:52 PM EDT
[#3]
You won't find any specific definitions for what a dealer is.  That's part of the fun.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top